Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > which character do you want to snog?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 306 (306 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:50PM) (new)

Rachel this is two part for me:

1. from the book, i would snog krum. i don't know what it is about him, but i just think he's a hunk.

2. but from the movies i would snog oliver wood. in fact, if anyone knows him, please let me know and i will give you my number. mmm...mmm...mmm...he is so hot!

message 2: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i gave this a long and serious thought, rachel. at first i thought, harry would be the first person i'd snog coz he seems to need a lot of practice in that area but i guess he already got ginny to teach him that. so it would be sirius! he had a lot of witches swooning over him in his prime! he's a real hunk compared to krum. ahihihi!

message 3: by T.K. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

T.K. Kenyon | 7 comments As I'm ... um ... a bit post-high school, (and post-undergrad, and post-grad school, and post-postdoc research,) I could not see myself snogging any of the trio or under-18-ish ones. That opened up a big ol' can of icky for me.

However, I pictured Sirius Black played by George Clooney. I think Gary Oldman did a tremendous job of acting in the movies, as he always does b/c he's just darn good, but I think the role was miscast. Sirius should have been ... hotter. I could shag Sirius Black, even post-Azkaban.

TK Kenyon
Author of RABID: A Novel
Which has snogging and shagging
and is an "impressive medical thriller." --PW

message 4: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Cindy (supercin721) | 26 comments TK Kenyon,
I could not agree more. I had a bit of a crush on Sirius. When they cast Oldman, I was a bit disappointed. He did great and he's a fantastic actor but, for me, he just wasn't Sirius. That's the magic of reading, though. You can picture these characters as YOU want.

message 5: by Lua (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Lua (luarodriguez) I couldn't agree more rachel! oliver wood is divine! and so is cedric diggory, in the film especially, huge crush! but i think i am biased as i have a crush on everything h.p. related!

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Rachel i actually pictured sirius just like gary oldman, so i thought it was perfect casting. perhaps, however, that has to do with the fact that i think i'm one of the only female "harry potter" readers who isn't attracted to sirius. i mean, i loved that he was harry's family and i was very sorry when he died, but i thought he was kind of annoying. he was always brooding and moping and, yes, i understand azkaban does bad things to you, but give it a rest! not to mention the fact that over 13 years after hogwarts, he still called snape "snivellus"...grow up.

okay, don't kill me...

message 7: by Mandy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Mandy | 10 comments good question rachel. i think i would snog cedric diggory. he is ssssssssooooooooooooooooo hot!

message 8: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Gotta be Harry! I've been in love ;) with him ever since I started reading the series. I can tell you that I envy Ginny to the max!

message 9: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments oh, i wasn't expecting gary oldman to play sirius (i wouldn't snog gary o.), i was expecting someone really hunky and non-commiting to girls coz in the book every witch was eyeing him w/ james but james was just being followed around because he was really good in quidditch. now, imagine being idolised just for looking good (well, he was an A student, too)!!!!

message 10: by kristel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

kristel ting | 17 comments oh well, siruis black is my most beloved character in the book so i definitely want to snog him... and yeah, james potter too coz he reminds me of someone. and..uhm...no not harry. i'll leave him to ginny. yeah,one of the twins will do.. ^_^

message 11: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 83 comments I would definitely snog Cedric Diggory! Whew, is it hot in here? As terrible as this is to admit, as it's a vote for one of the deatheaters, but I would also snog Lucius Malfoy. I think my sister just disowned me! When I read the character I pictured him as handsome, but sinister, so therefore not attractive/hot, but when Jason Isaacs was cast as Lucius I turned into a total puddle! I don't know what it is about Jason Isaacs but I just can't get enough of him. I even thought that at first I wouldn't like him as a blond, cause he has gorgeous dark hair, but he was still sexy with the long blond hair. Hmm, yummy!

Of course, I'm too old for Cedric and I certainly wouldn't want to pull a "Mary Kay Letterno (spelling?)" with him, but he's still my #1 snog pick! Hottie hot!

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 25 comments I'm apparently the only Snape girl here. lol

Severus Snape would be my number one choice. Lucius Malfoy is number two & Draco would be three, but not until he's about 30.

message 13: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jordieheartsbooks) Basing it on the books: Krum (he was mysterious and brooding and foreign. I could hear the accent in my head and pictured him pretty much like the actor they choose for the role)

Basing it on the movies: Wood (the accent does it for me, it's my fav accent), Krum (the features! the accent!), Siris (I'm apparently the only one who finds Gary sexy), Snape (I've been in love with Rickman for ages)

Never Harry though, I always felt as if he were my brother right off the bat. I sort of felt the same about Ron as well.

message 14: by Taylor S (last edited Feb 02, 2008 09:35AM) (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments In the books, probably one of the Weasley brothers, any except Ron or Percy. (ew!) Or I would really like to snog
James! He sounds like he would be really hawt and it's a shame that he's not around any more.

In the movies: Cedric Diggory or Oliver Wood. Cedric is soooo HOT! And Oliver's accent just did it for me. :)

message 15: by Shifa (new)

Shifa Lateef | 27 comments Umm...
1)Cedric Diggory
2)Draco Malfoy
3)Sirius Black
4)Fred or George Weasley
5)Remus Lupin (though I don't think the movies did justice to his character)
7)Oliver Wood

message 16: by Shifa (new)

Shifa Lateef | 27 comments Umm...
1)Cedric Diggory
2)Draco Malfoy
3)Sirius Black
4)Fred or George Weasley
5)Remus Lupin (though I don't think the movies did justice to his character)
7)Oliver Wood

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Vidmar (rachelvidmar) | 20 comments Oh I'd have to say one of the Twins. They're just fun loving, and you can just know that they've got good experience :D

message 18: by Padya (new)

Padya Paramita | 8 comments FRED WEASLEY!!!!!!!!HE'S TOTALLLY COOOOL!!!!
and from the movies...CEDRIC!!!!

message 19: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) Severus Snape,Sirius Black, Bill Weasley, or if I was younger Ron Weasley.

Ethan The Talkative One :D (ethanthetalkative) | 101 comments ginny and cho and fluer

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sirius Black!

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I always imaged Sirius as like Aragorn from Lord of the Rings or something. THEN snog him. But alas...

CEDRIC! <3

message 23: by Julia (new)

Julia (sunnyj11) | 44 comments ummmmmmmmmmmm i think i would snog Seamus i don't kno really i wouldn't want to snog any of them!!! :D

message 24: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
I would definately choose Cedric Diggory to snog, I really like him both in the book & the movie.Harry is great, I really like him, but I can't see my self with harry, he can be , I think , a fabulous friend.He may actually be my best friend, but I wouldn't snog him.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) It would be, like snogging your brother. Creepy.

message 26: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
Yeah!!

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Cedric or Wood however, :D

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 641 comments Sirius. Definitely. I loooooooooooooove him but I don't like the Sirius in the movie as much ... I generally like Gary Oldman, and I think he acted as well as he could have considering the horrible script for POA, but I didn't like the mustache at ALL. I imagine Sirius as he is shown in the pictures in the chapter headings. But Sirius is my number one snog candidate. Lupin may be my second but I really like Sirius a ton more.

message 29: by Paige (new)

Paige | 203 comments Ron, idk y... but ya :)

message 30: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 333 comments ummm..i don't exactly know..i never really thought about it!! i think Sirius..or Fred..

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I liked Malfoy's hair in the first 2 movies, it was so evil...:)

message 32: by Jana (new)

Jana | 34 comments I would definitely snog Fred! I think that it's strange that people see him and George as like one person. Fred for sure.
I liked Sirius, but he was like a dad or an uncle for me, not someone that I would want to snog.

message 33: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 319 comments Harry, Ron, Fred&George basically and hot actor

message 34: by Carson (new)

Carson | 11 comments From the book ( and probably movies ) I'd snog Neville. For sure!!

But from movies only? Oliver Wood, deffo.

message 35: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments When we say movie are we saying the actors looks as the character or the real actor?

message 36: by London (new)

London | 273 comments wood, or potter

message 37: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Meghan wrote: "When we say movie are we saying the actors looks as the character or the real actor? "

Um, I would base it on how they look as the character. Which means Wood! Or Ron! From the books...Fred or Ron. (I must have a thing for red heads...)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

hermine

message 39: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments I asked my brother this question and he kinda ponders a bit then says, "Ginny definately!" I rolled my eyes at him and asked, "Not Hermione?" and he laughed and said, "No way!"

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

At first it was Sirus. But, now that the sixth movie came out, Malfoy all the way!!!!

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) i tell myself, im not snogging draco, i'm snogging tom felton!! ;] btw is snogging just kisssing or is it hardcore makeout? cause i'm a good girl, no matter how hot tom is!!!

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 06, 2009 12:42PM) (new)

1. Draco Malfoy
2. Sirius
3. Snape
4. Lupin
5. Cedric

message 43: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "i tell myself, im not snogging draco, i'm snogging tom felton!! ;] btw is snogging just kisssing or is it hardcore makeout? cause i'm a good girl, no matter how hot tom is!!! "

Isn't it just how the Brits say to kiss? Is there anyone British or know of the British slang on this discussion?

message 44: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Aug 06, 2009 05:29PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments Amelia has a good point. Does snogging more along the lines of making-out, or can it mean just normal, non-makeout kissing?

If it's non-makeout, I have some opinions to post here. ;)

message 45: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Aug 06, 2009 05:47PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Aegine wrote: Isn't it just how the Brits say to kiss? Is there anyone British or know of the British slang on this discussion?
"

My fiance's british so I understand the terminology here. Snogging is slang for what we'd call making out. Your talking serious kissing here, not a peck.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) ive heard it used both ways: kissing and then hardcore. my cousin is studying in england and she's a new yorker and she has no clue she's always like "ummm what does that mean?!?!?!"

but i think sean biggerstaff, rob pattinson, and tom felton are the only ones i would ever want to kiss. no offense, but i don't like dan radcliffe and i like rupert grint but i dont think he's attractive enough to kiss.

message 47: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "ive heard it used both ways: kissing and then hardcore. my cousin is studying in england and she's a new yorker and she has no clue she's always like "ummm what does that mean?!?!?!"

but i thin..."

Your cousin is studying in England?! I'm so jealous! What's she studying?

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) well she went over when she was a jr in high school and now she's trying to get into magdalen at oxford. hahaa she wants to do int'l business and english. weirdo combo, huh?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments Rachel wrote: "If it's non-makeout, I have some opinions to post here. ;)"

Thank you, Briansgirl!

I feel like giving my opinions on this anyways. *I'd only want normal kissing, not making-out. I don't know if I'm hormonally delayed or what-not, but I think making-out is GROSS!*

Characters I would kiss:
-Neville
-Cedric

I don't find Robert Pattison attractive at all. I'm not a big fan of the looks of most of the actors in the movies.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "ive heard it used both ways: kissing and then hardcore. my cousin is studying in england and she's a new yorker and she has no clue she's always like "ummm what does that mean?!?!?!"

but i thin..."

Who do you like better rob or tom?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7