Bloggers Unite™ discussion

Introduce yourself :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 627 (627 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Bobbie (last edited Sep 27, 2014 05:02PM) (new)

Bobbie  Crawford | 197 comments Mod
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bobbie Crawford. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

I am the founder and owner of a promotion company called: Nurture Your BOOKS™ .

I have created and I run an online book club called the Bloggers Unite Book Club.

I have created and I run the Bloggers Unite Group and the Nurture Your BOOKS™ here on Goodreads.

I have created and I run the World Wide Reviewers Group and the Canadian Book Bloggers Group on Book Blogs.

When I am not busy working with or for my clients I spend some time networking and communicating with authors, publishers, readers, book distributors and other book-related people. In short, I am a very busy woman. :-)

Nurture Your BOOKS™

If you’d like to get in touch with me, you can e-mail me at:

info@nurtureyourbooks.com

I look forward to chatting with you about all kinds of exciting books, fantastic authors and sharing my love of the written word.

All My Best,
Bobbie Crawford (Admin.)

Julie (jjmachshev) (jjmachshev) | 10 comments My name is Julie and I am a readaholic. I'm having so much fun reviewing. I've always been a big reader...can't remember not reading. I've read everything from dictionaries to toothpaste tubes. Had my mystery era, my sci-fi era, my fantasy era, my history era, my suspense era, am currently on my romance/erotica era.
JJ

message 3: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 28 comments Hi, I am the "other" Julie.;) I too am happily married and a stay-at-home mom to two kids, 12 and 9. I've been a bookworm since I was about 2 years old. I like to read all sorts of books, but since I've been a hopeless romantic since childhood too, my favorite genre is romance.

I discovered last year that I really enjoy writing book reviews, so I finally started my own book review website this summer (with my hubby's help since he's the computer guru around here;)). I've never written any stories, but I just started thinking about the possibility. We'll see if I can find the time.;)

message 4: by Judi (new)

Judi (sidhevicious) | 3 comments Hi All!
My name is Judi and I too live in Alberta. I've been a book-a-holic for as long as I can remember. My genres of choice are Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, light Horror, some Sci-Fi, some Fantasy and Young Adult in the genres I mentioned.

I have my own review blog, Sidhe Vicious Reviews at http://sidhevicious.wordpress.com/ and I also write reviews for LibraryThing Early Reviewers. I also cross-post some of my reviews at iBOOKdb.net and on Chapters.ca and Amazon.ca

I have my personal blog on LiveJournal and can also be found on FaceBook and MySpace. All the links to me are on my review blog, so please feel free to "friend" me on any of them. :)

Nice to meet you,
Judi

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurastamps) Big wave to Bobby and the two Julies, my fellow Purvettes! (grin).

Thanks for the invitation, Bobbie. Cool group! To tell everyone a little about me, I write paranormal romance and erotica novels and novellas. By the end of this year I will have published 40 books in the last 21 years. I am a fulltime novelist and have been fortunate to win lots of awards and nominations during my career, including a "Pulitzer Prize" nomination and seven "Pushcart Award" nominations.

When you get a chance, check out my books blog (the Laura Stamps link in my sig below). You'll find the first few chapters of all my published novels there that are still in print. Lots of fun, free reading! And for reading that is a little naughty, check out my Author blog at LJ (also in my sig below). I post daily. That blog is a hoot! *wicked grin*

Happy reading and magickal blessings!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

message 6: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) | 9 comments Hello, my name is Stacy-Deanne (Dee-Anne) and I am a published author of three books. I am a novelist. I am glad to receive an invite and look forward to participating. I am also an avid reader of course, but these days my time is filled with writing. My favorite authors are Kay Hooper and Linda Howard. I am currently reading Jealousy by Marsha Sanders and loving it so far.

Also, for those who look for blog guests and don't know where to find them, I would be interested in doing guest blogs or blog interviews if anyone wants to feature me. Whether you have a blog simply for writing advice or etc. just drop me a line if you ever need a guest. I have a hectic schedule but always make my time for promotion. It makes no difference to me if it's a new blog or an established one. I heard some bloggers are looking for subjects and I have been thinking of doing the guest blog thing for a while, LOL. I used to have a popular blog of my own but, wouldn't you know? My schedule made it too difficult to keep up with. It's still around just not updated since 2006.

This looks like a fun group and I am happy to be included! Best Wishes!

NorthernLightsGirl | 17 comments Thanks for the invite Bobbie. This looks like it is going to be a good group.

I live in Anchorage, Alaska. I never really had a favorite until I discovered Romance. I wandered into a used bookstore,I was hooked.

My favorite is Historical Romance.

message 8: by Bobbie (last edited Aug 26, 2008 07:45PM) (new)

I just wanted to send an All-Around Greeting and a Warm Welcome to Julie, the "other" Julie, Saved by Grace, Judi, Laura ;), Stacy-Deanne and NorthernLightsGirl :-)
Thanks for the joining Group and thank you for introducing yourselves :)

Cheers,

Bobbie C-M

message 9: by Bobbie (new)

Thanks for the big wave Laura & right back at you woman!! ;)

message 10: by Bobbie (new)

You're welcome NorthernLightsGirl, thanks for joining the Group "Bloggers Unite" :)

Wow, Anchorage Alaska? That’s up there for sure lol I live in Northern-ish Alberta, Canada. You sure have me beat for bad winters I'll bet ;)

I'm glad you found “Romance”. I adore Historical Romance and I could never do without it anymore!
Do you have a certain type or time period that you prefer though?
I'm an absolute sucker for Victorian, England. I love all the gorgeous dresses, wonderful banquettes, huge balls and grand parties *sighs* :)

message 11: by Bobbie (new)

You're welcome Saved By Grace :)

message 12: by Mia (last edited Aug 27, 2008 05:27AM) (new)

Mia Marlowe (miamarlowe) | 10 comments Hello!

Blogging is still a new sport to me. I'm having trouble believing people will be interested in my random musings, but I do post fairly regularly. I talk about writing of course, since I write historical romance for Leisure Books. If you'd like to see a pic of my 4 legged "writing assistants, it's up there right now. http://www.emilybryan.blogspot.com

I love getting feedback from readers--what they like, even what they don't. And of course, I want to learn from other writers. There are always ways to improve the process.

Best,
Emily
http://www.emilybryan.com

message 13: by Bobbie (new)

A really warm welcome to you Emily Bryan!! :-)

NorthernLightsGirl | 17 comments Hi Bobbie,

Well... Our Christmas's are always white.lol
And the streets become ice rinks. I don't mind the snow..really I don't! I just hate it when it melts. Then it turns into Ice,does that freeze-thaw-freeze-thaw thing. Grippers are my best friend in winter.lol

I don't have a favorite time period. I mix it up so that one book will be a Western and the next I will pick a Regency and then a Time Travel will get thrown in. Sometimes I will go by Authors. Right now I am reading Stephanie Laurens. I am trying to finish the Bastion Series.
I will leave the Cynster Family for another time lol.

The only genre that I have not read yet is The vampire/wherewolf one. But I know I will get to that.

I seem to be sticking lol to the oldies. I try not to worry about the new books. I just pick up the new ones and blend them into my "To Be Read" piles. :)

message 15: by Robert (new)

Robert | 1 comments Hello all i am Bobbie`s husband i love reading to.

message 16: by Mia (new)

Mia Marlowe (miamarlowe) | 10 comments Hi Bobbie's husband. Bobbie and Robert. There's potential for confusion!

http://www.emilybryan.com

message 17: by Bobbie (new)

Just a little potential Emily haha Or maybe a lot ;) roflol

People are always remarking on it...Bobbie & Robbie. Our friends have a field day :)

Welcome honey (Robert), thanks for joining!

message 18: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendywins) Hi. I am Wendy. I am not an author of books and do not ask everyone on Goodreads to be my friend to promote my books...as many seem to do. There.

That being said, I enjoy reading, writing and intelligent conversations. I have written for pleasure, for publication and for oral presentations. I found that speech writing is quite a different art and unfortunately, doing it too much took me away from my writing for reading...which I used to be quite good at so I am enjoying a life now where I am more focussed on restoring my facility in writing letters, essays and articles. I prefer to read nonfiction.

message 19: by Bobbie (new)

Welcome to the Group Wendy, thanks so much for joining :)

message 20: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) | 9 comments Hello All,

I'm Stacy and I'm a mainstream author. I am from Houston, Texas. I am also a big reader but unfortunately my schedule makes it hard for me to read for pleasure much these days. Feel free to drop by my page and check out my books. I've put up a sample from my latest thriller, Melody so come check it out and vote if you like. Also, feel free to add me as a friend. Best Wishes!

message 21: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (ilyn_ross) Hello Bobbie. Hi everyone.

I self-published my novel, Reason Reigns, on May 14, 2008. I discovered Goodreads two months later.

The primary motivation for everything I do on Goodreads is to promote Reason Reigns. I've e-met wonderful people and I enjoy the conversations. I've met many who aspire to write fiction, so I included a Literature folder in the "Happy & Brainy" group. You are all invited to visit.

I wish you all good fortune. Have a fun weekend.

message 22: by Bobbie (new)

Thanks for joing the the Group Ilyn :) Welcome!

message 23: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (ilyn_ross) Thank you, Bobbie.

message 24: by Bobbie (new)

You're so welcome Ilyn.

message 25: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) yeah,
I've been a (published) writer in the non-mainstream press for twenty years - and loving the literary freedom. My two latest novels came out July 15 from Silverthought Press in New York, the anti-corporate-horror novel "Bukkakeworld" and the angel-apocalypse "Planet of the Owls". All my books are here on Goodreads.

I also have a blog:
http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com

message 26: by Bobbie (new)

Welcome to the Group Mike :)
Thanks for joining us!

message 27: by Rajtilak (new)

Rajtilak Bhattacharjee (soundofsilence) | 2 comments Hi,

Who am I? Well, it's a very tough question and I am still in the process of finding an answer to it. But till that time I would say that I am a dreamer, a poet and an ordinary human being.

I have a blog of my own. You would find it at

http://rajtilak-bhattacharjee.blogspo...

message 28: by Bobbie (new)

Thanks so much for joining us Rajtilak. Welcome to the Group!! :)

message 29: by Ben (new)

Ben The Liberal (beyondthegreenwall) Just here to make friends that have a joy of reading in common.

Relationships
Education
Anarchy
Diplomacy
Intellect
Non-profit
Green living

Currently exploring different options for blogging and self publication of zines, newsletters, etc.

Hope to open a community bookstore somewhere in the beautiful region of Cascadia...

message 30: by Bobbie (last edited Oct 17, 2008 07:01PM) (new)

Welcome Ben :-)
Glad to have you with us!

message 31: by Ben (last edited Oct 17, 2008 07:33PM) (new)

Ben The Liberal (beyondthegreenwall) Here's my blogs, all scattered 'round the web:

http://www.acidbrat.wordpress.com

http://www.metanotes.com/acidbrat

http://profiles.ecospace.cc/blogs/pos...
(this one has to have a shorter shortcut but they are hiding it very well)

message 32: by Chelle (new)

Chelle Cordero (chellecordero) | 13 comments Hi, my name is Chelle (that's pronounced Shelley, I just have to be difficult and spell it differently).

I am the author of 3 published romance novels and another due in Jan/Feb 09. I have been freelance writing FT since 1981 and have lots of non-fiction articles published in various newspapers and magazines.

While I enjoy the potential for promotion in GoodReads and other forums I belong to, I think my most joy comes from communicating with other like-minded folks. Especially since I work from a solitary home office, these relationships have gone a long way in supporting me, educating me and opening my eyes to "a whole lot".

I blog at http://chellecordero.blogspot.com and http://blog.myspace.com/rikki613 I also host a blog at http://www.xanga.com/cce613 which features guest bloggers (you are invited...) - please take a look, this blog is still young but growing.

Aside from my writing which seems to take up most of my hours, I am married to a freelance photographer and AudioVisual Tech and I have 2 adult kids that I am extremely proud of. I volunteer in my community as an Emergency Medical Technician on my local volunteer ambulance and love to read almost anything (currently reading For the May Queen by Kate Evans)

I also Twitter http://twitter.com/ChelleCordero and will follow anyone who is following me.

Happy to meet y'all!

-Chelle

message 33: by Bobbie (last edited Sep 27, 2010 09:56PM) (new)

Thanks Chelle for the wonderful introduction!! Sounds great! :-)

-Bobbie

message 34: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (ilyn_ross) Dear Friends,

May you and your loved ones have a safe, joyous holiday season and a blessed 2009. May all your Christmas and New Year wishes come true.

message 35: by Collin (new)

Collin Kelley | 3 comments Hi everyone,

My name is Collin. I'm a published poet with three books under my belt and a novel coming soon. I love to read and regularly review books at my blog at www.collinkelley.com. Recently read "Disquiet" by Julia Leigh and loved it! Looking forward to interacting with the group.

Cheers,
Collin

message 36: by Bobbie (last edited Sep 27, 2010 09:56PM) (new)

Welcome to Bloggers Unite, Collin! :-)
Thank you for the wonderful introduction.

-Bobbie

message 37: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 8 comments Hello,
I'm the wife of a fantasy author and I blog generally on "the business side of writing" - Publishers, Agentes, and the like.

http://www.write2publish.blogspot.com/

message 38: by Bobbie (new)

Hello Robin and welcome! :-)

message 39: by Keta (last edited Mar 30, 2009 09:34PM) (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) | 30 comments Hi Bobbi, Thank you for inviting me to join. For those who don't know me, I'm Keta Diablo and I write sensual and erotica historical and fantasy for multi-publishers, Phaze, Ravenous Romance, Noble Romance, Dark Roast Press. Whew! I'm tired now just thinking about it.

I'm always looking for reviews on my latest releases and am especially fond of being a guest author or featured author on your blog to spotlight my books. In return, I link your blog to Keta's Keep: http://www.ketaskeep.blogspot.com or my author web site: http://ketadiablo.blogspot.com

If anyone would like to post one cover and a blurb to their blog on my behalf, I would be most appreciative. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

You can reach me at ketadiablo@yahoo.com

Namaste, Keta

message 40: by Destiny (new)

Destiny (destinybooze) | 4 comments Hello! My name is Destiny Booze. I'm a bookaholic and a romantic suspense author. I have a daily blog called The Smiling Pains of Novelist Destiny Booze on my website at http://www.destinybooze.com. I write about family, inspiration, fun, writing and faith. I believe in keeping a positive attitude and keeping a smile. I think I can change the world through one smile at a time.

Come by for a visit!

Destiny

message 41: by Bobbie (last edited Feb 19, 2009 02:20PM) (new)

Hi Keta,

You're very welcome! :-) Thanks for telling us a little about yourself and your books.
Welcome to 'Bloggers Unite'.
Thank you for adding your links and a contact e-mail.

-Bobbie

message 42: by Bobbie (new)

Hi Destiny,

Welcome to 'Bloggers Unite'.
I hope you join in and add your own posts and topics.

Everyone is encouraged to actively participate!! :-)
Thank you for adding your website link and telling us a little about yourself.

-Bobbie

message 43: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miraffe) | 2 comments Holaa!

I'm Miranda and I live in B.C. I've been a pretty avid reader ever since I picked up my first book, but things have slowed down in my senior year as I'm pretty stressed out. I'm hoping this site will get me back on track, haha!

message 44: by Blodeuedd (new)

Blodeuedd Finland | 3 comments Hi, I am Linda, a bookloving girl from Finland.

I love to read all kinds of books but I do like fantasy, paranormal, romance, history and chick-lit the best.

And the books I read I write reviews on over at:
http://books-forlife.blogspot.com/

message 45: by Wy (new)

Wy (silvermoon10) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Wy from the Philippines. I love to read all kinds of books. But I mostly read fictional books nowadays. :)

Hoping to read more books next time. :P

message 46: by Bobbie (new)

A warm welcome to Miranda, Linda and Wy! :-)

It’s so nice to see people from all over the globe, joining Bloggers Unite. :-)
Please feel free to create your own topics and posts, as well as comment on current topics and posts.
Thanks for leaving your links and your comments.

-Bobbie

message 47: by E.A. (new)

E.A. | 5 comments I'm Elizabeth, or Liz. I'm almost finished with my first novel and anxious to be done.

message 48: by Bobbie (new)

Welcome to Bloggers Unite, Elizabeth. :-)

You've almost completed a novel; that must be so exciting nerve-racking for you! I wish you the very best success with your debut novel.

message 49: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 2 comments I'm Carrie. I work as a freelance writer and editor in San Francisco, and am originally from New York. I also do blogs and e-newsletters for clients. My blog is carriewriterblog.com. I have published some short stories and have a novel in progress. I am also a readaholic and have a ton of new books from the library and rummage sales. On my list are "Tortilla Curtain," (tc boyle), "Elements of Style" by Wendy Wasserstein, "Life with Marley," and "Remember Me," Sophie Kinsella. I also love movies and just saw "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and was totally blown away. Wondering if anyone has read the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald that is was based on?

message 50: by Bobbie (new)

Hello Carrie and welcome to Bloggers Unite. :-)

Sounds like you are keeping busy.
I haven't watched the "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" yet, but I would like to! Sorry no, I haven't read the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I have sooo many books too...I just love books!! I'm loathe, even to contemplate getting a kindle or an e-reader! How about you?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13