Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Introductions > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 261 (261 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 235 comments Mod
Are you new to the Christian Romance Group? Well tell us a little about yourself and what your favorite books and authors are!

message 2: by Abbie (new)

I will go first! My name is Abbie and I trying to get this group back on track. I have always loved reading Romance books but got sick of to much sex in the none clean books. So last fall I made it a goal to read only clean romance and being a Christian I naturally leaned towards Christian Romances! I spend hours googling and trying to learn what authors and publishers where considered clean or who was a Christian publisher or author. So now I want to help others do that to as well as talk about all these great books and there are so many good ones!!

I am a stay at home mom with 2 young kids. I read mostly on my Kindle and I also have a book reviewing blog.

Some of my favorite books are from the authors

M.L. Tyndall and Mary Connealy

message 3: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 16 comments I would say some of my favorites are

Tracie Peterson
&
Siri Mitchell

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 17 comments My favorite authors are Robin Jones Gunn, Terri Blackstock and Dee Henderson. Those three although involve romance also include suspense or mystery with their stories. I tend to like those types of books. However I have come to REALLY enjoy the Love Inspired line by Harlequin.

message 5: by Joy (last edited Mar 04, 2011 01:38PM) (new)

Joy I read almost exclusively Christian fiction. :) I get tired too of bad language and sex scenes.

Some of my favorite Christian fiction authors are Tamera Alexander, Cathy Marie Hake, Dee Henderson, Kim Vogel Sawyer, Lynn Austin, and Irene Hannon.

Some of my favorite Love Inspired authors are Jillian Hart, Renee Ryan, Ruth Logan Herne, and Laurie Kingery.

I buy more books than I have sense, lol, some new, many used, and I need to get caught up! There are so many I want to read and not enough time.

I think I said it before on another group, but I have loved my time spent on Goodreads...I have found so many new authors that I might not have discovered otherwise. And "met" new friends and authors. Everyone's so friendly. It's great! :D

message 6: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 14 comments Hi, it's great to meet everyone. I read Inspy romance, mostly historicals. I write for Love Inspired Historical and usually read books by LIH's other authors. I like the non-western settings the most, but a cowboy every now and then is fun to read about, too. :-)

message 7: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 16 comments I'm with you Carla, I'm not usually drawn to Western fiction, but I just read Rugged and Relentless by Kelly Eileen Hake, and I have to say I truly enjoyed it! I highly recommend it for a Christian romance read!

message 8: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 16 comments I'm with you Carla, I'm not usually drawn to Western fiction, but I just read Rugged and Relentless by Kelly Eileen Hake, and I have to say I truly enjoyed it! I highly recommend it for a Christian romance read!

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 76 comments I love historical, contemporary and most but love historical first.
I have to say I love the historical westerns like Mary Connealy rights. Love the rugged west and the unbroken areas I like the prairie romances also. Love Carla books also there is something about the early days in Rome.
I love war based eras too like the civil war and revolutionary war.
I am not as big on regency romances. I do like the navel settings. In contemporary I think I prefer the small town settings or rural settings.

message 10: by Abbie (new)

O Rugged and Relentless by Kelly Eileen Hake is a great book! It was one that got me into the western and historical books. If you like books like that you will love both Mary Connealy and M.L. Tyndall

message 11: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 14 comments Thanks for the recommendation, Camille. I'll check that out.

Hugs, Jenny!

message 12: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Blythe | 14 comments I'm Bonnie Blythe and have some Christian romance titles available at Kindle for 99 cents. My fav authors are Vickie McDonough, Diane Moody, Siri Mitchell, and Francine Rivers...tho there are really too many to list!

How Sweet It Is

message 13: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 71 comments What kind of books do you write Bonnie?

message 14: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Blythe | 14 comments Contemporary Christian romance. I do also have a historical novella with Barbour entitled Love's Unmasking (the book is called Masquerade) and it's a regency. It's not on Kindle tho.

message 15: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Blythe | 14 comments And I forgot to mention a new author who I love...Carla Capshaw. She writes historical. I just read The Duke's Redemption and it was AMAZING!

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Hi! I'm Rachel and I only really started reading Christian fiction last year. Living in the UK, it's sometimes hard to find these books as we only have Christian bookshops in the larger cities. But my local library system has started to stock some inspirational novels so let's pray that they continue! I read a lot of Amish and historical fiction, and I recently discovered the Love Inspired line so I've started reading more contemporary romances.

message 17: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 71 comments Hi I'm Kristy. I love Christian Romance of any sort because they are clean. Books like Love Inspired, Love Inspired Suspense, and Love Inspired Historical, as well as, Lori Wick books, Lurlene McDaniel, Heartsongs - both contemporary and Historical-, although I prefer the contemporary, don't why.

message 18: by Abbie (new)

I think its going to be really fun talking about all the different books we read!

message 19: by Carissa (new)

Carissa I would say that my favorite authors are Laura Frantz, Erynn Magnum, Janice Thompson.

message 20: by Abbie (new)

Welcome to all the new members!

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 101 comments Oh I like Bonnie's books! If you haven't read any you should!

Favorite authors? I have a lot! lol Karen Kingsbury, Liz Curtis Higgs, Francine Rivers, Janet Tronstad, Janet Dean, Debra Clopton, Lyn Cote, and many more!

message 22: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalmpope) | 29 comments Hello, My name is Crystal. I just joined this group yesterday.

I am a 28 years old working mom. I have been married 5 years on June 17th. My husband and I have a 4 year old son.

I just recently found that there are Christian ficiton books. I know sounds crazy.

My love for reading started at the age of 9, I own 40 Baby Siters Club books from then.. LOL

My favorite Chrisitan Fiction authors are
Nicole Baart , Kathleen Morgan

My other favorite authors are
Mary Higgins Clark , James Patterson & Stephenie Meyer to name a few.

message 23: by Abbie (new)

Welcome Crystal! I really did not know how many great Christan books where out there till I really started looking!

message 24: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 17 comments WELCOME Crystal!

message 25: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalmpope) | 29 comments Abbie , Thanks & I couldn't believe there where so many after I stumbled upon "After The Leaves Fall" by Nicole Baart. Goodreads has been such a great site find other people that like same kind of books and then finding this group.

message 26: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalmpope) | 29 comments Terri - Thank you it feels great when people reach out and welcome you :0)

message 27: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 71 comments Welcome Crystal.

message 28: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalmpope) | 29 comments Kristy - Thanks :0)

message 29: by Abbie (new)

Goodreads is awesome! I am not sure publishers realizes how this site sells books. Its also so easy to store what books you want to read and easily get to amazon or where ever you buy books all from one page! Very handy. I actually got into the Christian Romances first by reading a few Amish books because I knew they would be clean and I friended some people and now I have a huge to read list!

message 30: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cathwest) | 2 comments Hi all!
I'm Cathy and I love to read and write! My debut novel is now out and available on Amazon and other sites. Kindle as well as hard copy. I hope you'll check it out and I'd love to interact with any readers on my Readers group page here. Great to be here! Yesterday's Tomorrow

message 31: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 6 comments I'm crazy insane about Christian fiction LOL! I've read for over 13 years and I've blogged about it for two. Some of my fave authors are Julie Lessman, MaryLu Tyndall, Ronie Kendig, Sandra Bricker, Deeanne Gist, Mary Connealy and MANY more. :-)

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary (marigold10) | 3 comments I am a big fan of Christian romance, mystery and suspense, and great classics. I love to come across a new author I haven't read yet and discover a jewel in the making. I don't like graphic, explicit anything, just good, clean romance and romantic suspense. I also enjoy books with a sense of humor.

message 33: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie B-w | 3 comments I everyone.
I love christian romance especially historical. I am 27 yrs old and a soon to be nurse practitioner. I have been married for 5 yrs on May 27 and have a 15 month old. I LOVE reading - I am sure that is an understatement. I am currently building my library - and loving seeing and holding all the books that I collect. Reading is a passion. I would have to say my favorite author since childhood has been Lori Wick. My mom turned me on the her and I cant get enough of her books. I have them all and reread them all the time. Nice meeting everyone.

message 34: by Abbie (new)

Welcome Stephanie! I read a lot of Lori Wick when I was in high school I loved her English Garden series. There are so many great Christian Romance books it can be so hard to pick which one to read next!

message 35: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 32 comments Welcome, Stephanie. I love reading, too. I started years ago reading historical romances then moved into contemporary ones.

message 36: by Holly (new)

Holly (teamcomfy) Hi! I got interested in Christian romance thanks to Deeanne Gist. I was at Half Price Books browsing the clearance section when I saw Courting Trouble. I kept going back there to look at it and decided to buy it. After I finished it I read the rest of her books, and since then discovered Julie Klassen, Siri Mitchel, Karen Witemeyer, and many more!

message 37: by Beth (new)

Beth Hi, I'm Beth! I've been a member of the group for a while, but I don't think I ever "introduced" myself.

My favorite Christian fiction authors (thus far) are Liz Curtis Higgs, Siri Mitchell, Julie Klassen and Tosca Lee. Those are the ones I've read the most of, and I need to branch out. I'm really looking forward to Head in the Clouds; it'll be nice to discover someone new :)

message 38: by Abbie (new)

Hi Myra! I am finding myself branching out more since joining 3 monthly group reads here on goodreads! I have found some great authors I would probably not have read otherwise! I am looking forward to Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer as well. :)

message 39: by Kiahna (new)

Kiahna | 1 comments I have just finished reading the Liz Curtis Higgs Scottish Series. I absolutely loved them! I have read the a few Christian Romance novels in the past, but now I am hooked. I am here looking for some ideas on other Christian Historical Romance novels. Looking forward to being a part of this group!

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (princessmg) Hi Everyone!
I joined this group awhile ago but haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet...too busy reading!! LOL!
My friends call me Mel and I am 30 years old and live in the Ozarks. I've been married to a wonderful guy named Justin for a little over two and half years. I work part-time for an after school program through the local YMCA and I went back to school full time last fall to finally finish my AA...which is great except it cuts into my reading time!!
I LOVE to read!! I have a HUGE to read pile and my husband jokes that when we buy a house he's going to make sure it has the room for my own library... books are my passion and my weakness!!
My favorite authors include Karen Kingsbury, Janice Hanna Thompson, Tamara Alexander, Christine Lynxweiler, Lori Wick, Dee Henderson and I also love the Love Finds You In series as well as the Love Inspired Suspense and Historicals.

message 41: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Kent (yooperwife) | 5 comments Hey! I'm a new member... hello everyone. I was thrilled to find Goodreads after endlessly trying to find good stories, good morals and no sex or bad language. What a delight to find many new authors that were also good authors. I just finished some series by Angela Elwell Hunt... AWESOME. The Fairlawn Series were so great. I have also read Lori Copeland and Angela's co-authored series, "Heavenly Daze". I just wished they didn't stop. Good reading to you!

message 42: by Abbie (new)

Welcome to our new members! I hope you find this group helpful in your search for books.

message 43: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments I just learned about this site today and can't wait to figure out how it all works. Anything that will help me keep all my books stright and what all my books are about will be appracited. I read mostly Romances and some of my favorite authors are Karen Witemeyer, Dorthy Clark, Denese Hunter and Amanda Calbot.

message 44: by Abbie (new)

Welcome Karen! This is a great site for keeping track of your books as well as finding new ones.

message 45: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments Thanks for the welcome Abbie. I have already found some new books. Which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it LOL. I just keep adding to my to read list. But I'll never be board I guess.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone! I'm Elizabeth from PA.

I love to read and I don't like books with expicit sex or violence in them. My Mom used to really like the Love Inspired books when she was alive. I've tried a couple of the Love Inspired Suspense since I like mysteries (love Agatha Christie) and have enjoyed them myself. I don't have a list of favorite Christian authors or books yet. Hope to get some great ideas from this group!

message 47: by Lady Bear (new)

Lady Bear Marler (Lady_Bear) | 2 comments Hello! I love romance and romantic comedy w/o all the sex, and I love books with a Christian theme. I'm a born again Christian, an ordained minister, and I have written a book about my life with the love of my life (next to Jesus) who passed away last year. I'm trying to meet new people and maybe find out about new authors and books.

Lady Bear

message 48: by Abbie (new)

Welcome Elizabeth and Lady Bear! I love Romance as well and find the books with out all the sex are so much better over all. You will find your wish list growing and growing as you look at other peoples book selves and reviews. Hope you enjoy this group! :)

message 49: by Renee (new)

Renee (rannsmith61) | 3 comments Hi, all! I'm fairly new to Good Reads and brand new to this group. To introduce myself I always share the same bio: I teach English in a Christian high school by day, read and review Christian fiction by night, and blog about books, life, and other stuff :)

I love many of the authors you ladies have shared and look forward to checking out the names that are new to me. I've enjoyed books by . . .

Laura Frantz, Mesu Andrews, Lynn Austin, Susan May Warren, Sibella Giolrello, Diana Wallis Taylor, Deanne Gist, Ronie Kendig, Gilbert Morris, Elisabeth Musser, Meg Mosely, Lisa Wingate, Rachel Hauck, Patti Hill, Linda Nichols, Ann Tatlock . . .

Wow--even tho' that list seems long, there are way too many to keep going!

message 50: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Hi Renee! Nice to see you over here. You're in the CFD group as well, aren't you? :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6