Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Questions about HTML tag and Book Cover issue

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (goodreadscomkeridwynn) | 5 comments Apologies if this was covered before. I have spent time searching through various threads to see if I could find the answer, but too much time spent already. I have already been trying to fix the html text for Scarlet Moon: A Retelling of "Little Red Riding Hood" and I think I have it all done so that each edition is consistent in the description now. It had had a "" html tag (I'm just using the quotation marks so it won't mess up my posting text).

Question 1: I was wondering, after doing a search for Goodreads html formatting (and I did find this from GR on how to format text into html: http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/48...) if Center is an invalid html tag?

However, I still am clueless on how to fix the book cover for this particular book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98... (please follow that link). When I go into edit, I don't have anything on the right side to edit. My only option appears to be delete. I don't like to delete things, as I'm still too new for things, and thus my posting my question. When I did click on the book to look at it further, I noticed that there were three different sizes for the book cover. It was on the bottom one where the link showed broken. From what I can tell, it is using a "Google preview" link and that I believe is what is messing up the book cover.

Question 2: How do I go into edit the cover? and/or Is this something that someone else should fix because I lack the proper librarian rights? I honestly don't want to make this book worse than it is.

Thanks and thanks for your patience with me with my newbie questions :)

Keri

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Yes, is a tag GR does not recognize. It should just be stripped out.

Cover-fixing directions. I got that one.

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (goodreadscomkeridwynn) | 5 comments Thank you so much! You're quick....and quite awesome! :)

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
:)

Welcome to GR librarianing. Feel free to ask questions!