Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Searching for werewolves.

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.V. (new)

C.V. Hunt (cvhunt) Endlessly I usually write about vampires but I’ve recently written 2 books from a werewolf’s point of view and have come to appreciate the whole concept of primal and raw power. I’m looking for some good werewolf reads. Does anyone have any suggestions?

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments Check these out:
Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series
Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series
Patricia Briggs's Mercedes Thompson series

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (imahoodieninja) | 170 comments Yes! Patricia Briggs - Mercedes Thompson Series.

message 4: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments Also Patricia Briggs Alpha and Omega series :)

message 5: by Felicear (new)

Felicear | 4 comments HI, If you are looking for a little smut (or a lot) with your were-animals check out the Leashed series by Jet Mykles.
The series by Rachel Vincent including title Stray, Rogue..etc is very good werewolf series. The series is called Shifters.
The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger.
Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton includes werewolves.
There are some werewolves in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.
The Magic series by Illona Andrews has all manner of were-animals.
The Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Jardin has a werewolf of two.
The World of the Lupi series by Eileen Wilks.
The Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur.
The Jill Kismet series by Lilith Saintcrow.

There are many more out there...

NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews  (nhaughtyv) | 81 comments Felicear wrote: "HI, If you are looking for a little smut (or a lot) with your were-animals check out the Leashed series by Jet Mykles.
The series by Rachel Vincent including title Stray, Rogue..etc is very good w..."

Luv the Shifters series...think I'm a book or two behind...my TBR pile keeps adding up!!!

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments I thoroughly enjoyed Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. It's a brilliant read, and subtly goes through the process of a human adapting a herd mentality. It's so cool.

message 8: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments The Feral Warriors by Pamela Palmer are shape shifters, but only one is a wolf. Still a good series!!

message 9: by Sondrae (new)

Sondrae Bennett | 32 comments I second Patricia Briggs Alpha and Omega series (haven't read Mercy so I can't speak to that one).

Also, Shelly Laurenston's Pride series has all different kinds of shifters. One of my favorites (and one with wolves) being The Beast in Him which is the second book in the series but all the books can be read as stand alones.

Vivian Arend's Granite Lake Wolves series is good too. It starts with Wolf Signs

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan Rachel Vincent's Shifters are very very good.
Love my werewolves !

message 11: by Cyle (new)

Cyle (seeingnightreviews) | 38 comments I third Patricia Briggs Mercy and Alpha Omega series. Also I would say Anita Blakes by LKH as well because she has werewolves and shifters.

message 12: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 565 comments I love Shelly Laurenston's werewolf books, very funny and I love the characters. I also 4th Patricia Briggs' books.

message 13: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments All this talk about Patricia Briggs, I think I'm going to have to read them.

message 14: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 96 comments Something I read a while back, but I never hear people mention:

The Silver Wolf (Legends of the Wolf #1) by Alice Borchardt Night of the Wolf (Legends of the Wolves, Book #2) by Alice Borchardt The Wolf King (Legends of the Wolf #3) by Alice Borchardt [

message 15: by Felicear (new)

Felicear | 4 comments I do love the Patricia Briggs series both Mercy and Alpha and Omega. The following was a new author and I really liked it... Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound #1)
by Jennifer Ashley

message 16: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 565 comments Oh I forgot about the Jennifer Ashley books. I just received #2 of the series. Also Raised by Wolves and Shiver, those books were great too.

message 17: by Cyle (new)

Cyle (seeingnightreviews) | 38 comments Melissa wrote: "All this talk about Patricia Briggs, I think I'm going to have to read them."

Yes!! U must (: Her characters are so well written.

message 18: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Kristen wrote: "Melissa wrote: "All this talk about Patricia Briggs, I think I'm going to have to read them."

Yes!! U must (: Her characters are so well written."

I just added it to my TBR!

message 19: by Madison (new)

Madison (madison2626) | 36 comments Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter. I love it ;)

message 20: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 49 comments Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen series is great and Gail Carriger's Soulless is fabulously different.

message 21: by Gio (new)

Gio (gio23) | 1 comments The passion by Donna Boyd is to die for

message 22: by Grace (new)

Grace I love Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series.

message 23: by C.V. (new)

C.V. Hunt (cvhunt) Thanks everyone these all look great, I don't know where to start.

message 24: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1 comments Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series

message 25: by Felicear (new)

Felicear | 4 comments And another series is the Tales of an Urban Werewolf series by Karen MacInerney. I like this series a lot but apparently it is not a favorite for everyone. Also, I checked and there is a listopia shelf for werewolves...you may want to check that one out! Enjoy!

message 26: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 565 comments C.J. wrote: "Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen series is great and Gail Carriger's Soulless is fabulously different."

I ditto those series, love them both.