Bookcrossers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Booktalk March] where is your main Character

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Feodora (last edited Feb 28, 2011 09:53PM) (new)

Feodora | 108 comments Mod
The characters of my current audiobook are in germany during the war (WWII). The main character in Hans Georg Klaproth,he was part of the conspiracy to kill Adolf Hitler on the 20 th July 1944. They failed and many of this brave men where killed by the regime. The story is told by the daughter (born 1938) based on letters and diaries combined with historical facts. It is a very touching story.
Meines Vaters Land. Geschichte einer deutschen Familie. 6 CDs.

The book I am reading is more amuzing.
Botswana Time

In between I read the sweet stories of the mice of Brambly Hedge
Summer Story and Autumn Story

message 2: by Feodora (new)

Feodora wrote: "The characters of my current audiobook are in germany during the war (WWII). The main character in Hans Georg Klaproth,he was part of the conspiracy to kill Adolf Hitler on the 20 th July 1944. The..."

I finished the audiobook (--> see my review!!) Botswana Time is improving after a slow start.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 143 comments Now I'm on the fictitious island of Saint Arc in the western Caribbean... Black Widow by Randy Wayne White

message 4: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Judy wrote: "Now I'm on the fictitious island of Saint Arc in the western Caribbean...Black Widow by Randy Wayne White"

I'm now in Tokyo with The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

message 5: by Feodora (last edited Mar 08, 2011 11:53AM) (new)

Now I am in the "arabic world"...
Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna (aetm) | 45 comments I'm in the Arabic world too. In Saudi Arabia (with every few chapters something in London and Chicago too) - with Girls of Riyadh http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...
(haven't registered it in BC yet)

message 7: by Hayes (last edited Mar 12, 2011 10:00AM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I'm in the Sultanates of Rashpuht... and my character is on a flying carpet looking for the love of his life.

Castle in the Air (Castle, #2) by Diana Wynne Jones Castle in the Air

message 8: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments I've just left Northern Scotland with Hamish McBeth, and I'm now shuttling between London and Cambridge with Maisie Dobbs (both British mystery series)

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments I am in the mountains of Colorado and have had a car accident on a snowy pass and been rescued by a handsome stranger with a frightening secret. I've just started "Nocturne" Syrie James Nocturne by Syrie James

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 143 comments I'm in Barcelona in the mid-1950's, trying to unravel a mystery involving an old forgotten book and its author (wonderful audio version) The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

message 11: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 143 comments I'm also (on my Kindle) in Germany in 1659, where a small town is dealing with the mystery of a series of murders of children. The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch

message 12: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Judy wrote: "I'm in Barcelona in the mid-1950's, trying to unravel a mystery involving an old forgotten book and its author (wonderful audio version) The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón"

Love this book... who's the reader Judy?

message 13: by Feodora (last edited Mar 13, 2011 01:45AM) (new)

Feodora wrote: "Now I am in the "arabic world"...
Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks"

Now I am in Hamburg in the middle of the 18th century... the (first) corpse is already found....
Die englische Episode. by Petra Oelker

message 14: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Hayes wrote: "Judy wrote: "I'm in Barcelona in the mid-1950's, trying to unravel a mystery involving an old forgotten book and its author (wonderful audio version) The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón"

Lov..."

I also loved this book...and his other one

message 15: by Chana (last edited Mar 13, 2011 10:02PM) (new)

Chana | 24 comments Iwo Jima, Feb 23, 1945, trying to stay alive. This is the 5th morning the Marines have been on the island and they have finally subdued the Japanese hidden within Mt. Suribachi, they think.

Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley.

The main character is James Bradley's father.

message 16: by Feodora (last edited Mar 19, 2011 12:53PM) (new)

Feodora wrote: "Feodora wrote: "Now I am in the "arabic world"...

Now I am in Hamburg in the middle of the 18th century... the (first) corpse is already found....
."

Now the main charcters arrived in London. Near Conevt Garden they found a place to stay. Die englische Episode. by Petra Oelker

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments I have 2 main characters and they are in Greece. It's a mother and daughter memoir trying to find their inner selves. I'm reading "Traveling with Pomegranates" Sue and Ann Monk Kidd. Traveling with Pomegranates A Mother-Daughter Story by Sue Monk Kidd

message 18: by Chana (new)

Chana | 24 comments I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We just got here after a long ride in truck, coming from Idaho. I'm with a guy named Thane Walker.

Twice Kissed by Lisa Jackson

message 19: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Chana wrote: "I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We just got here after a long ride in truck, coming from Idaho. I'm with a guy named Thane Walker.

Twice Kissed by Lisa Jackson"

I'm walking the pilgrim's route to Compostela in Spain with Paulo Coelho

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 143 comments Hayes wrote: Love this book... who's the reader Judy? "

It is the Audible unabridged version, read by Jonathan Davis, well worth the 18 hrs to listen! I am so impressed with this story!

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

message 21: by Judy (last edited Mar 23, 2011 04:53PM) (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 143 comments I'm also in New York not long after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, having survived the attack and walked downstairs from those upper floors Falling Man by Don DeLillo -- not liking his writing style much

message 22: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 143 comments Paula wrote: "I have 2 main characters and they are in Greece. It's a mother and daughter memoir trying to find their inner selves. I'm reading "Traveling with Pomegranates" Sue and Ann Monk Kidd. [bookcover:Tra..."

I'd like to go find my inner self in Greece!!!

message 23: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 143 comments I'm also in modern London after having stowed away on a cargo ship from Nigeria and spending several years in illegal immigrant detention in London....
Little Bee by Chris Cleave -- this one sucked me in right from the start.

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments Judy wrote: "Paula wrote: "I have 2 main characters and they are in Greece. It's a mother and daughter memoir trying to find their inner selves. I'm reading "Traveling with Pomegranates" Sue and Ann Monk Kidd. ..

I would to Judy, but unfortunately, this book didn't do it for me. : (

message 25: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments Judy wrote: "Paula wrote: "I have 2 main characters and they are in Greece. It's a mother and daughter memoir trying to find their inner selves. I'm reading "Traveling with Pomegranates" Sue and Ann Monk Kidd. ..

I would to Judy, but unfortunately, this book didn't do it for me. : (

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.