Chicks On Lit discussion

Archive 08-19 GR Discussions > April Voting CLOSED

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (last edited Feb 21, 2011 05:48PM) (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
It's that time again! Nominations - Please read this thread http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4... before nominating. Ill keep this up for a week or 12 nominations.

Thanks,
Tera

I know some people might be wondering where their posts are and I want to explain why they are gone. I try to keep this thread only nominations. It helps me as I watch for when to close it (when there are about 12 comments) and it makes it clearer for me what is a nomination and what is a response to a book that someone nominated that someone else might like. Does that make sense? I'm not trying to be rude and there was nothing wrong with the comments but it makes it harder for me to know what is what when it comes to making the poll.
Thanks for understanding,
Tera

message 2: by Skena (new)

message 4: by Regine (new)

Regine I'd like to nominate Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.

message 7: by Sherin (last edited Feb 21, 2011 08:42PM) (new)

message 9: by Sandra (last edited Feb 22, 2011 08:05AM) (new)

Sandra (sandee) | 328 comments Love Medicine: Newly Revised Edition here is my nomination by Louise Erdrich

message 10: by Becca (new)

Becca | 54 comments I am fairly new here and am unsure if the group has read the book I would like to nominate, which is: The Book Thief

message 11: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Becca wrote: "I am fairly new here and am unsure if the group has read the book I would like to nominate, which is: The Book Thief"

Good book Becca! We actually did read it in 08. Feel free to dig up the discussion thread if you had some thoughts to share. Don't let that stop you from nominating another book though.

If you have a question about a book you can always look through our group bookshelf. All the books on the shelf are ones we have read.

Thanks,
Tera

message 12: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

message 15: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Poll at bottom of home page

message 16: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandee) | 328 comments so, when will we know what the books are? I like to order from Amazon