We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Archives - Challenges > March's Build Your Own Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 216 (216 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Feb 18, 2011 01:59PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments March's Build Your Own Challenge runs from March 1st through March 31st. As with all of our BYOC challenges, you get to decide how to make this one work for you. As long as you can tie it to March, it will count.

Need some ideas? Here you go -

--It's Irish American month, which brings to mind leprechauns, four leaf clovers, pots of gold and rainbows!

--It's Music in Our Schools Month, Nutrition Month, and Women’s History Month.

--March 2 is Read Across America Day in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday.

--March 21st is the 1st day of Spring which makes me think of flowers and warmer weather. (There will be an All Things Spring Challenge posted in early March, so you might want to plan ahead for an opportunity to overlap books.)

If you need more inspiration, check out this list for other possible ideas: March Happenings

Please post your status updates like this: 1/4, 2/34, 9/10, etc. That's the best way to make sure you're updated correctly.

Restrictions - You can sign up and list your books at any time, but all books must be started no earlier than March 1st, and must be completed by March 31st to qualify. You can make changes to your challenge through the final day.

We hope you'll join us! :)

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Apr 01, 2011 03:32PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Particpants List

Autumn--------------11/11 - - -Done!!!!!!
Becky----------------8/15
BJ Rose-------------------10/10 - - - Done!!!!!
Carolyn F------------------12/12 - - - Done!!!!
Dhestiny-------------4/4 and 4/4 = 7/8 - - Done!
Dina----------------3/3 - - - Done!!!!!!
DG------------------11/11 - - - Done!!!
Gaynell--------------12/12 - - - Done!!!!!!
Joeera-----------------Done!!!!!!!!
Joy----------------18/18 - - - Done!!!!
Katherine------------8/10
Lady Danielle---------5/5 - - -Done!!!!
Lady Leah---------21/20 - - - Done!!!!!
Laura---------------4/6
Lisa Kay-----------------13/13 - - - Done!!!!!
Mandy---------- 19/15 - - - Done!!!!!
Melanie------------55 - - - Done!!!!
Robin-------------10
Rosamina--------------3/10
Sheery-------------3
Suzanne-------------5

message 3: by D.G. (last edited Feb 18, 2011 01:58PM) (new)

D.G. Wow! Planning for March already!

I'm in...just need to figure out what to do. :)

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments D.G. wrote: "Wow! Thinking of March already!

I'm in...just need to figure out what to do. :)"

LOL! I didn't want to keep you waiting too long this month! And it's only 10 more days until March!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 630 comments I am in Dhes! Pribably do another series although notsure which one!

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I'll be cleaning up several series for the All Things Spring challenge, which reminds me of Spring cleaning. So I plan to start with some series for this challenge, too. That way I can overlap.

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments I'm in also but probably won't be themed related. I need to keep clearing my TBR pile.

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 320 comments LK Build my Own Challenge-March
Read Across America! While I read through my TBR pile! I plan to Read to Across out more books from my mountain of books and to show my appreciation of Dr Seuss's Birthday! I will post as I go with my goal of reading at least 15 books!

message 9: by D.G. (last edited Feb 22, 2011 10:51AM) (new)

D.G. Interesting challenge, Becky!

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments I haven't done too well on the Jan. & Feb. challenges so I won't commit to too many books, but I'll try again for March anyway. I do know they will all be from my TBR pile and as I have an anthology book of short stories by Irish authors I'll likely throw that in to celebrate St. Paddy's month.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I'll do it. I just need to figure out what I'm doing in March. Probably an Irish/Celtic theme.

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Laura wrote: "I haven't done too well on the Jan. & Feb. challenges so I won't commit to too many books, but I'll try again for March anyway. I do know they will all be from my TBR pile and as I have an antholo..."

I have that anthology... isn't it one of the Mammoth books?

message 13: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 29 comments This sounds like fun! This is my first time participating in a challenge like this so I'll need just a bit of time to decide how I want to make it work for me. :)

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Sheery wrote: "This sounds like fun! This is my first time participating in a challenge like this so I'll need just a bit of time to decide how I want to make it work for me. :)"

We're glad you decided to lose your challenge virginity with us!!! :)

message 15: by Joeera (last edited Mar 23, 2011 06:33PM) (new)

Joeera  | 254 comments because it's always rainging in the spring and that is comming up (4 out of 4 complete)

R.Rosewood(r-f-Macch 20-22)
A.A Loving Scoundrel(r-f-March 15-16)
I.Insatiable(r-f-March 8-9)
N.Notorious(r-f-March 9-10)

Rosewood by Candace Camp A Loving Scoundrel (Malory Family, #7) by Johanna Lindsey Insatiable by Virginia Henley Notorious (DeWarenn, #3) by Virginia Henley

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I'm in as always, Dhes, just don't know what I'm doing yet :)

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I've got you in!

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I have that anthology... isn't it one of the Mammoth books? ..."

Actually, no, the one I'm talking about is Irish Girls About Town An Anthology of Short Stories by Maeve Binchy and all the stories are by Irish authors. I read The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance by Trisha Telep last year and it wasn't very good.

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Laura, ok. I didn't know there was another.

message 20: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments making list!!!!!!! ahh i love this part of the challenge!!

(((((huuggs))))))))

ur the best Dhes!!

message 21: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thanks, Autumn! You're very kind!

Glad to have you back again! :)

message 22: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments ((((huugs)))

Ha, as if i can resist u!! LOL

message 23: by Laura (last edited Mar 22, 2011 07:33PM) (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments March Build Your Own Challenge- read 6 books from my TBR pile including my monthly book club selection

0 / 6 completed

1. Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner ^
2. First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
3. Conspirata by Robert Harris
4. Irish Girls About Town: An Anthology of Short Stories with Maeve Binchy *
5. The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore
6. The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

^ Book club selection
* Anthology book

Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner First Among Sequels (Thursday Next, #5) by Jasper Fforde Conspirata (Cicero Series #2) by Robert Harris Irish Girls About Town An Anthology of Short Stories by Maeve Binchy The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

message 24: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 268 comments If it doesn't have to be theme related, I would like to join. My challenge will be to read the six Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead and the six "Slightly" series books by Mary Balogh - all from my TBR pile.

message 25: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments No, it doesn't have to be theme related, Gaynell. It's a build your own challenge!

message 26: by Gaynell (last edited Feb 23, 2011 11:22PM) (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 268 comments Then I'm in. My challenge is to complete two series that I have been wanting to read.

message 27: by Gaynell (last edited Mar 17, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 268 comments 1. Vampire Academy/Vampire Academy/Richelle Mead Completed 3/10/11
2. Frostbite/Vampire Academy/Richelle Mead Completed 3/12/11
3. Shadow Kiss/ Vampire Academy/Richelle Mead Completed 3/13/11
4. Blood Promise/Vampire Academy/Richelle Mead Completed 3/15/11
5. Spirit Bound/Vampire Academy/Richelle Mead Completed 3/16/11
6. Last Sacrifice/Vampire Academy/Richelle Mead Completed 3/17/11
7. Slightly Married/"Slightly" or Bedwyn Series/Mary Balogh Completed 3/2/11
8. Slightly Scandalous/Bedwyn Series/Mary Balogh Completed 3/5/11
9. Slightly Dangerous/Bedwyn Series/Mary Balogh Completed 3/9/11
10. Slightly Wicked/Bedwyn Series/Mary Balogh Completed 3/3/11
11. Slightly Sinful/Bedwyn Series/Mary Balogh Completed 3/8/11
12. Slightly Tempted/Bedwyn Series/Mary Balogh Completed 3/6/11

message 28: by C Joy (new)

C Joy (yurioujo) | 78 comments I'm in! I can't believe I was able to complete the February's BYOC and spell the month challenges, along with other book of the month reads. So I'm taking it easy this March. Another set series would do...but not theme-related, I could throw in some PNRs too...

Lisa Kleypas's Travis/Hardy Cates series
1) Sugar Daddy
2) Blue-Eyed Devil
3) Smooth-talking Stranger

Lauren Dane's Chase Brothers series
1) Giving Chase
2) Taking Chase
3) Chased
4) Making Chase

Zoe Archer's Blades of the Rose series
1) Warrior
2) Scoundrel
3) Rebel

message 29: by BJ Rose (last edited Feb 25, 2011 08:32PM) (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 848 comments Finally got it together:

We Love Lisa Kleypas
Build Your Own Challenge

March 1-31
0/10

3 Trilogies for the 3rd Month

Kat Martin
Royal's Bride
Reese's Bride
Rule's Bride

Jayne Castle
Amaryllis
Zinnia
Orchid

Nora Roberts
Key of Light
Key of Knowledge
Key of Valor

And to round it off to 10, I'll read the 3rd book in Nora Roberts' Circle trilogy:
Valley of Silence

message 30: by Sheery (last edited Feb 25, 2011 10:41PM) (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 29 comments Since it's a challenge for March and I'm half Irish - I figure I'll honor heritage. I will read two books by Irish authors and at least one with an Irish character that I adore.

0/3

1. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (I've been meaning to read this for the longest time)
2. Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy (her latest and it comes out on Tues.)
3. Visions in Death by J.D. Robb (one of my favorite series and I LOVE Roarke!)

message 31: by Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) (last edited Feb 26, 2011 04:30AM) (new)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 630 comments March Build Your Own Challenge

My Challenge:Start and Complete the Blades of the Rose Series by Zoe Archer & Read one or more book from classic literature

0/5 Complete

Blades of the Rose by Zoe Archer

0/4 Complete

1: Warrior
2: Scoundrel
3: Rebel
4: Stranger

Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2) by Zoe Archer Rebel (The Blades of the Rose, #3) by Zoe Archer Stranger (The Blades of the Rose, #4) by Zoe Archer

Classic

0/1

1:

message 32: by Rosamina (new)

Rosamina | 32 comments I'm in!!

message 34: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments I'm going to read 10 books. Is it ok if I list them as I go? I don't know where the time has gone but I seem to be behind the game.

message 35: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Katherine wrote: "I'm going to read 10 books. Is it ok if I list them as I go? I don't know where the time has gone but I seem to be behind the game."

Yep, you can list them as you go, or if you list them ahead of time, you can change them as go, too.

message 36: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Mar 11, 2011 10:13AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Ok, I'm in for 8 books that I already own. 4 will be authors new to me and 4 will be part of series' I need to catch up on.

Total completed - 3/8

Part of a Series

1. Lover Unleashed
2. Rogue In My Arms - Done
3. Scoundrel In My Dreams - Done
4. Ruthless Game

Author New To Me

1. Everyone Loves a Hero - Done
2. The Falcon & the Dove
3. Not Quite a Husband

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Rogue In My Arms (Runaway Brides, #2) by Celeste Bradley Scoundrel In My Dreams (Runaway Brides, #3) by Celeste Bradley Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin Egyptian #1) by Bonnie Vanak Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9) by Christine Feehan Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas

message 37: by Rosamina (new)

Rosamina | 32 comments March BYOC: Since I didn't do my February's challenge, I'll try to read 10 books, one of them Irish-themed

0/10

1 Flowers from the Storm
2 The Unsung Hero
Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) by Suzanne Brockmann

message 38: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments I'm in!

message 39: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Rosamina, I enjoyed The Unsung Hero but I adored Flowers from the Storm

message 40: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Hi Carolyn! Glad to have you back again.

message 41: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 638 comments In please:-D
40 books for me: 5 of them with Celtic settings/characters(Scotland/Ireland), 5 classics and 30 "free books"

message 42: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I think that I'm going to try for at least 20 again this month :)

0/20

1. Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
2. Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
3. Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

message 43: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Count me in for 15! Ball season is about to kick my butt!!! LOL!! I can't read for watching kids.

message 44: by Laura (last edited Mar 22, 2011 07:31PM) (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments Since I was unable to finish my February challenge, here is my revamped March one.

March Build Your Own Challenge- finish my last February challenge book as well as read 6 books from my TBR pile including my monthly book club selection and something Irish.

0 / 6 completed

From February: Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde

1. Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner ^
2. First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
3. A Creed in Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller
4. Conspirata by Robert Harris
5. Irish Girls About Town: An Anthology of Short Stories with Maeve Binchy *
6. The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

^ Book club selection
* Anthology book

Something Rotten (Thursday Next, #4) by Jasper Fforde
Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner First Among Sequels (Thursday Next, #5) by Jasper Fforde A Creed in Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller Conspirata (Cicero Series #2) by Robert Harris Irish Girls About Town An Anthology of Short Stories by Maeve Binchy The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

message 45: by Rosamina (new)

Rosamina | 32 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Rosamina, I enjoyed The Unsung Hero but I adored "

I love Flowers from the Stormtoo... I read it long time ago and now that I'm rereading it, I'm enjoying it as the first time ;)

message 46: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 718 comments I'm in. I'll post as I go.

March's BYOC
Duration: March 1 - March 31

Goal: Read 3 books that are "exclusive" to this challenge, i.e., no crossover with other challenges.

0/3 completed

message 48: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I think that I'm going to try for at least 20 again this month :)

1. Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh 3/1
2. Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
3. Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

message 49: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 268 comments Completed 1/12

message 50: by C Joy (new)

C Joy (yurioujo) | 78 comments I noticed I didn't have an Irish theme...I'll up the ante and add Mari Carr's Wild Irish series:

1) Come Monday
2) Ruby Tuesday
3) Waiting for Wednesday
4) Sweet Thursday
5) Friday I'm In Love
6) Saturday Night Special
7) Any Given Sunday

Lisa Kleypas's Travis/Hardy Cates series
1) Sugar Daddy
2) Blue-Eyed Devil
3) Smooth-talking Stranger

Lauren Dane's Chase Brothers series
1) Giving Chase
2) Taking Chase
3) Chased
4) Making Chase

Zoe Archer's Blades of the Rose series
1) Warrior
2) Scoundrel
3) Rebel
4) Stranger

So that's a total of 18 books...hopefully I'll finish them because March is definitely longer than February and I was able to read around 16 books

« previous 1 3 4 5