Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Extras & Just for fun > Kate Daniels EXTRAS

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariya (last edited Feb 18, 2011 10:47AM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 169 comments Mod
Kate Twitter Funny Part 1

Jim: 15 minutes to Pack/People meeting.

Kate: I’ll be late.

Jim: Why?

Kate: I’ve got to do something.

a minute later

Curran: What do you mean you’ll be late? Where r you?

Kate: I’ll be right there, just start without me.

Curran: The meeting’s been set over a month in advance. Where r you?

Kate: I said, I’ll be right there.

Curran: Where. Are. You?

Kate: Don’t take that tone of voice with me, I don’t appreciate it.

Curran: Would you just tell me where you are?

Kate: Corner of manticore and white.

Curran: Half an hour away. Why am I not surprised. What are you doing there?

Kate: I’ve got to do something. I don’t appreciate being interrogated.

Jim: There is a giant armored octopus on the corner of manticore and white.

Curran: What?

Jim: It’s on TV.

Kate, PM to Jim: I kil u.

Jim, PM to Kate: Payback.

Curran: I can see you on the news. Kate, answer your phone.

Curran: Answer your phone, damn it.

Curran, PM to Kate: Don’t even think about it.

Kate, PM to Curran: I’ll bring sushi to meeting. Love u, bye.

Jim: I think she just dropped her I-phone.

Curran, PM to Kate: God fucking damn it.

Jim: That was a nice cut on his tentacle. Should I hold the meeting?

Curran: No, start without me. I’ll be right back.

*** This is from IA webpage:
http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2010/05/04/...

message 2: by Mariya (last edited Feb 18, 2011 10:47AM) (new)

Kate Twitter Funny Part 2

im: @Curran R U there?

Curran: In a meeting, make it quick.

Jim, PM to Curran: Police scanner reports a Loose Vamp Alert at Jeremiah Street.

Curran: And?

Jim, PM to Curran: Kate’s office is @ 4312 Jeremiah.

Curran PM to Jim: Is she OK?

Jim, PM to Curran: Hang on. Apparently there is a lot of gunfire.

Curran PM to Jim: IS SHE OK?

Jim, PM to Curran: She’s dragged two necromancer women into her office and barricaded her door.

Jim, PM to Curran: She’s refusing to let PAD in. They’re pissed.

Curran PM to Jim: WTF.

Jim PM to Curran: Do you need a moment?

Curran PM to Jim: Shut up, Jim.

Curran: @Kate: R U OK?

Kate: Fine. Busy.

Curran: With what?

Kate: Making tea.

Jim PM to Curran: Yes, my lord. Whatever you say, my lord.

Curran PM to Jim: My mate probably got herself shot. Do you really feel like you giving me a lot of shit is helping right now?

Curran PM to Jim: Is it actually your job to give me a lot of shit?

Jim PM To Curran: It’s more like occupational hazard.

Curran: @Kate Maybe I should drop by and have some tea with you.

Kate: No.

Jim PM to Curran: The cops R trying to bring in a tank to bust her door.

Curran: @Kate Why not?

Kate: I have visitors.

Curran: What kind of visitors?

Kate: Female visitors.

Curran: Aha.

Kate: We’re having girl talk. Don’t come over.

Curran PM To Jim: Put two snipers to cover her office, send a tactical team to the warehouse, and have Doolittle and the legal division on standby.

Jim, PM to Curran: Anything else?

Curran: Yes. A gallon of single malt whiskey.

Jim : For her?

Curran: No, for me.

http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2010/05/04/...

Samina The Story Devourer  | 87 comments hahaha..I love it.IA are amazing...

message 4: by valee (new)

valee I loved them too! So cool!

message 5: by valee (new)

valee Second part of Curran's POV

As my alphas sat in stunned silence, I pulled out a chair for my mate and then seated myself at the head of the table. No one spoke. I scanned the table seeking a challenge. Not one of them had the courage to meet my stare. They all knew that an example would have to be made and none were eager to be the first.

I leaned forward and in as calm a tone as I could manage, demanded “Explain yourselves.”

Silence.

“I am waiting for one of you to tell me why you stood by and did nothing while my mate was assaulted on a daily basis.”

Finally, Jim spoke, “I knew she would be OK. Curran, she had to prove that she belonged.”

“Yes,” Mahon rumbled. “Nobody expected that she would be allowed to sit at your side without spilling some blood, my liege.”

Yeah, actually I kinda did. Last time I had checked I was in charge around here. It was time to gently remind them of that.

I leaned forward and repeated, “Allowed?”

I let it sink in.

The realization of it hit them. They just told me what I was allowed to do. I heard the alpha of the Jackals take a deep breath and hold it.

I stared at them. “I will say this only once. I am the one who allows. I allow all of you to live and I allow you to rule your own clans as you see fit. Whether or not I continue to do so depends solely upon what you say and do in the next few moments. Be very careful.”

It was Aunt B who spoke next. ”Clan Bouda provided the Consort with both counsel and protection from unlawful challenges. No one who answers to me harmed her.” She glanced over at Daniel and his mate. “The same cannot be said of the dogs, however.”

Of course. She wouldn’t have lifted a finger to stop the wolves from digging their own grave. The hatred between the boudas and the wolves went a long way back. Wolves had greater numbers, but boudas played the game better.

“We broke no laws,” Daniel protested. ”Everyone knows the alpha of the Bouda Clan cut a deal with Beast Lord’s mate.”

Jennifer, his mate, nodded. “Yes, because she wanted special status for her degenerates.”

A slow smile crept over B’s lips. “We all know how much the alpha of the Wolf Clan loves his mate and defers to her. Out of curiosity, how many of his wolves was he willing to sacrifice to indulge her?”

“The human had to prove herself like we all did,” Daniel said. “It is the law. It is fair.”

“Fair, really?” I asked. “Who among you has faced twenty-two challenges in two weeks?”

None had of course. Not even Mahon, our Executioner, had killed so many so quickly.

Speaking of law. I addressed Jennifer directly. “If I recall correctly, Daniel, despite being chosen upon the retirement of his predecessors, had successfully faced a number of challenges before choosing you as his mate. However, you have never been challenged. Do you know why that is? Because according to the law the two of you are so fond of quoting, whoever challenges you will also have to fight Daniel. The alphas fight as one. If one of the alphas is injured, it has been an unspoken courtesy among the Pack to wait until both are on their feet before a challenge is issued. It is the matter of honor. If you take another’s place, you must win it fairly. You did not afford my mate the same courtesy.”

“She killed my sister,” Jennifer screamed.

Good, let’s get it all out there. Settle things once and for all. “True, your sister went loup and attacked her. Kate didn’t cause it and killed the one who did. Your anger is misplaced. As a matter of fact, she did you a favor. If you were any kind of alpha, you would know that putting your sister down was your responsibility. It was your burden to carry. Your are the next of kin.”

Jennifer clenched her teeth. I measured every word carefully. I couldn’t challenge her, because the challenge had to come from the ground up. But if I said enough, she would challenge me.

“My mate assumed your burden and instead of gratitude, you hate her for it. She is the constant reminder of your weakness. You want to fight her, but you can’t. Instead you goad others into doing what you can’t bring yourself to do. It is your greatest failing. However, because I am merciful and just, I will offer you a chance to atone.”

“I will not apologize or bow to her. I’ll die first.” Jennifer snapped at the air like a mad dog.

Good, let’s just see about that then. “Again, you misunderstand. What I offer is a chance at the revenge you seek, but properly this time. Challenge us. Couple to couple, as it was meant to be.”

I gave the rest a warning glance. “No one will interfere. Just the two of you against the two of us.”

Kate tensed next to me. Under the table I gave Kate’s hand a gentle squeeze to reassure her that I was just bluffing and that it would be alright. Well, not really, but I was confident that even as we were, we could take them, and all the rest if need be. As long as they believed we could do it, we wouldn’t have to.

As Jennifer began to rise – she really was either stupid or crazy – Daniel grabbed her arm, almost too quickly to see, and yanked her back. She landed in the chair, hard.

She opened her mouth. He gave her a flat stare. She shut her mouth and dropped her gaze. Her face turned red.

So he was unwilling to let her throw away her life or his own.

Daniel bowed his head in a slight nod. “Clan Wolf begs the Consort for her forgiveness. We are sincerely sorry for any offense we may have caused. We wish to express our continued loyalty and obedience to the Beast Lord and his Mate.”

Well said, perhaps there was hope for him after all.

“What about the rest of you?” My gaze lingered for a moment on the alphas of Clan Rat. Thomas and Robert Lonesco shook their heads in unison.

Thomas, the older and larger of the pair, spoke. “We have no dog in this fight.” He smiled a little, showing very even white teeth. “We did not vote for her because we did not know enough about her.”

Kate leaned in and whispered to me, “After I killed the Jackals, they sent me chocolate.” Good, in truth I actually liked them both and would have regretted killing them.

I looked at the aforementioned Jackals replacements.

The female, Tracy, spoke. “We have no problem with the Consort. We are indebted to her for our current position.”

I had expected as much. All that was left was Clan Nimble and Mahon’s heavies. The old bear I would deal with privately. Clan Nimble was a sort of anomaly within shapeshifter society. Its alphas, an older Asian couple, ruled not because they were the strongest but because their age and wisdom was highly respected by their subjects. It did not hurt, of course, that their devoted betas were a vicious pair that was feared by the rest of the clan and many in the Pack. They kept their elders from harm and it was understood that they themselves would take their place as alphas, when the time came.

The alpha of clan Nimble stood, drew himself to his full height, and then bowed deeply without his gaze ever leaving me. He held the bow then straightened and in a very formal tone proclaimed, ”Clan Nimble remembers the understanding his Majesty has shown to us, and would never dishonor itself by repaying that kindness with treason or betrayal. The consort has fought admirably and earned a place of respect at our lord’s side.”

Ok, a simple ‘we got your back’ would have sufficed but if he felt more comfortable with formality then so be it.

“We respect Clan Nimble and hold its friendship in high esteem.” Ahh, that got him, he almost smiled, bowed once more, and sat again.

Almost done.

“So, it’s all settled then. Unless there is anything else, you may depart in peace. Mahon, you stay,” I commanded. The rest filed out as quickly as they could while maintaining a semblance of dignity.

Kate turned to me. Her eyes asked me, “Do you want me to stay?”

Silently I shook my head. “No, you don’t want to be here for the next part.”

http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2011/01/...

message 6: by Bry (new)

Bry (utqtbry) Those twitters are freaking hilarious!!! Good lord my cheeks hurt from laughing.

message 7: by MJ (new)

MJ | 7 comments Does anyone know when the third part of Curran's POV will be posted?

message 8: by Bry (last edited Feb 19, 2011 07:32AM) (new)

Bry (utqtbry) MJ wrote: "Does anyone know when the third part of Curran's POV will be posted?"

Nope no idea, but hopefully soon! I can't wait to read it! Just keep an eye on their blog!

message 9: by AH (new)

AH | 8 comments Thanks for posting that. It was awesome!

Samina The Story Devourer  | 87 comments MJ wrote: "Does anyone know when the third part of Curran's POV will be posted?"

Ilona just posted in their blog that Gordon is ill but still working on it. They are hoping to finish and put it up in this weekend.

message 11: by valee (new)

valee Who is Gordon?

message 12: by AH (new)

AH | 8 comments Gordon is Ilona's husband and her writing partner.

message 13: by Mariya (new)

Ilona ANdrews is a a team, 2 people, husban and wife XD

message 14: by valee (new)

valee I had no idea? And what's her real name?

message 15: by Mariya (new)

Ilona Andrews is the pen name used by urban fantasy novelist Ilona Gordon with her spouse Andrew Gordon, also known as Gordon.

message 16: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Ha, those twitters are amazing!!! I don't know which is better--Curran exasperated with Kate and watching her fight on tv or Curran knowing perfectly well what Kate's up to and her lies. Both are so awesome!!! And I'm glad we get another sneak peak into Curran's head, always a good thing.

message 17: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (amberfire430) | 2 comments The Third POV is posted on their website now.

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna | 18 comments The twitters are fun :)

message 19: by Candice (new)

Candice Luk | 5 comments I have been up and down their website, I cant find Curran 3. Anybody knows where I can find it.

message 20: by Anna (last edited Feb 23, 2013 04:40AM) (new)

Anna | 18 comments Candice wrote: "I have been up and down their website, I cant find Curran 3. Anybody knows where I can find it."

Hi Candice - Strange - I couldn't find it easily either. I had to search for it across goodreads. It comes up as a blog rather than as an e-book. Try this link.
http://www.ilona-andrews.com/writing/...