Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenges of Yesteryear > The Heroine Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 169 (169 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Feb 13, 2011 02:37PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This challenge is a collaboration of things talked about in the My Hero Challenge by Galla, Gabrielle, Mary, Nairabell, and a wee bit from me. Did I forget anyone? See we told you we have the best members. ;)

For this challenge read one or more books for each of the following types of Heroine. You set the pace/time and the amount of books of each type of heroine you wish to read. Most of all have fun!

Easy 1 - 3 books for every type of heroine.
Moderate 4 - 8 books for every type of heroine.
Difficult 9 + books for every type of heroine.

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine - Tough, self-sufficient, self-thinking woman who will not conform just because she's told to by others or because society dictates it. A person who wishes to control her is barking up the wrong tree.
Wallflower Heroine - Plain looking an overlooked by most but an extraordinary type of woman that excels at everything but small talk. Needs someone who can look beyond the surface and see her inner beauty.
Professional Heroine - Sometimes mistaken as being a bitch for using her authority, but she just knows how to handle people and will not be pushed around. Needs someone not intimidated by her brain or her authority and can give as good as they take.
Rich Girl Heroine - Rich and smart and a little spoiled, but has a good heart. Needs someone who'll appreciate her for her and not her money.
Brainiac Heroine - Smarter than your average bear and willing to use that to her advantage. Needs someone that will not be intimidated by her brain and can hold their own.
Spinster Heroine - Thought to be too old to ever marry, but possesses hidden passion and is too smart to settle for anything less than she deserves. She needs someone that has it all.
Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine - Tough, self-sufficient, uncompromising and needs someone that won't change her and accepts her the way she is -faults & all.
Minx/She-Devil Heroine - Mischievous, feisty, and self-thinking. Will give a person a run for their money and will be well worth it.
Girl Next Door Heroine - She's pretty, smart, sweet, wholesome, but somewhat naïve. Most likely to fall for the boy next store.
Paranormal Heroine - Strong, self-sufficient, and dangerous woman who won't put up with cr@p. Needs a person who can handle her and not be intimidated. Can be a witch, vampire, shape-shifter, etc.

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Let me know if any of the definitions need tweaking.

message 3: by Galla (new)

Galla | 110 comments Nice! Thanks Lisa. I'm definitely in. I'll go for Easy, but if I get that done quickly enough, I might go for another level.

message 4: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'm in!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments I'm in too! Sticking with easy for the moment, if I can get done with some other challenges plus this one I might up the ante a little bit.

message 6: by Alicia (new)

Alicia What a fun challenge! I'm going for easy, and I except it will take me a while to find characters that fit all of them. Happy Valentines everyone!

The Heroine Challenge

Start Date: Feb 14, 2011
End Date: ?
Level: Easy - 1 - 3 books for every type of heroine.

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine
1. Eileen in The Yellow House: A Novel by Patricia Falvey - read 14/02/11

message 7: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 303 comments I'm in :) I'm going to give myself until December 31st to complete, and I'm aiming for at least one heroine for each.

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine:
Wallflower Heroine:
Professional Heroine:
Rich Girl Heroine:
Brainiac Heroine:
Spinster Heroine:
Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine:
Minx/She-Devil Heroine:
Girl Next Door Heroine:
Paranormal Heroine:

message 8: by Sherrie (last edited Mar 05, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 120 comments I'm in as well, aiming for December 31 also.
1/10 Done

Wallflower Heroine:
Professional Heroine:
Rich Girl Heroine:
Brainiac Heroine: Claire in Feast of Fools
Spinster Heroine:
Minx/She-Devil Heroine: Faythe in Pride
Girl Next Door Heroine:
Paranormal Heroine: Cat in At Grave's End

Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) by Rachel Caine Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost

message 9: by Sans (new)

Sans Great idea! I'm in for the easy level.

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Ok question I found a book that might work for the Rich Girl Heroine, she's the daughter of a senator and is forced to live in a world where she feels like an outsider I don't think she's really spoiled.

I think she'd also fit in well with the Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine, but I'm a little unsure because she's the daughter of a senator.

Any opinions?

message 11: by Galla (new)

Galla | 110 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Ok question I found a book that might work for the Rich Girl Heroine, she's the daughter of a senator and is forced to live in a world where she feels like an outsider I don't think she's really sp..."

I'd put her in whichever category seems most difficult to you. Then, if someone else comes up who seems to fit a difficult category more easily, I'd move her. :)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Ok, thanks Galla!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 380 comments I'm so in especially because I'm in the My Hero challenge! I'm going to start with easy and if I fill that up I'll move on. :)

message 14: by Galla (last edited Feb 27, 2011 02:19PM) (new)

Galla | 110 comments 3/10 done

Wallflower Heroine:
Professional Heroine:
Rich Girl Heroine:
Brainiac Heroine:
Spinster Heroine: Amelia from Mine Till Midnight
Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine: Elena from Angels' Blood
Minx/She-Devil Heroine:
Girl Next Door Heroine:
Paranormal Heroine: Sascha from Slave to Sensation

message 15: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited May 15, 2013 11:33AM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Not Sure when I'll be starting, but I know Ill be doing at least one book for each heroine. I've somehow started forming a pattern here!

I've decided that most of these are tentative because I'm trying to use books I haven't read yet!

Continue Date?

Level - Easy

4/10 Done

Rich Girl Heroine : Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau from
Unleash the Night (Tentative Choice!)

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine Done! 7-29-2011: Lady Molly Fairbanks from When Harry Met Molly

Wallflower Heroine : Still working on!

Professional Heroine Done! 5-28-2011 4/5 Stars!: Asia Callahan from Hunting Julian

Brainiac Heroine : Amanda Devereaux from Night Pleasures(Tentative Title!)

Spinster Heroine : Olivia Fairfax from The Fortune Hunter

Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine Done! 8-13-2011 4/5 Stars! : Nina Blackman from Accidentally Dead

Minx/She-Devil Heroine : Joyous MacQuarrie from Bewitching

Girl Next Door Heroine Done! 3-12-2011 4/5 Stars! : Astrid from Dance With The Devil

Paranormal Heroine : Elizabeth Stevens from A Taste of Magic

message 16: by Inga (new)

Inga Great ideas, guys! :)

I'll aim for an easy level first and then maybe for moderate :)

My duration: March-December, 2011

message 17: by Alicia (last edited Mar 10, 2011 05:12PM) (new)

Alicia The Heroine Challenge

Start Date: Feb 14, 2011
End Date: ?
Level: Easy - 1 - 3 books for every type of heroine.

1. Eileen in The Yellow House: A Novel by Patricia Falvey - read 14/02/11

Rich Girl Heroine
1. Tamara in The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern - read 03/03/11

Brainiac Heroine
1. Sophie in The Explosionist by Jenny Davidson - read 01/03/11

Spinster Heroine
1. Emily in The Native Star by M.K. Hobson - read 22/02/11

Girl Next Door Heroine
1. Grace in Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - read 02/03/11

Paranormal Heroine
1. Meghan in The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - read 05/03/11
2. Opal in Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder - read 10/03/11

6/10

message 18: by Sarah (last edited Aug 27, 2011 03:59AM) (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 380 comments The Heroine
Easy 1-3 per each category
Duration: March 1-December 31
Completed: 9/10

1.(Faythe Saunders) Prey by Rachel Vincent 3.30.11

Wallflower Heroine:
1.(Melody) Bumped by Megan McCafferty 5.1.11

Professional Heroine:
1.(Sascha) Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh 8.27.11

Rich Girl Heroine:
1.(Jessamine Lovelace) Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 4.15.11

Brainiac Heroine:
1.(Kyra) Love's Elixir by Tessa McKay 4.21.11

Spinster Heroine:
1. (Calpurnia Hartwell) Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Saran MacLean 6.21.11

1.(Cat Crawford) Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost 5.3.11

Minx/She-Devil Heroine:

Girl Next Door Heroine:
1.(Cassia) Matched by Ally Condie 4.16.11

Paranormal Heroine:
1.(Georgina Kincaid) Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead 5.21.11

message 19: by Ashley ~twisted_illusions~ (last edited Aug 19, 2011 08:27PM) (new)

Ashley ~twisted_illusions~ (twisted_illusions) | 67 comments Level: Easy 1-3 per each category
Duration: February 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011
Completed: 0/10

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine: Pride by Rachel Vincent
Wallflower Heroine:
Professional Heroine:
Rich Girl Heroine:
Brainiac Heroine: The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine 2/23/11
Spinster Heroine:
Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine: Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton
Minx/She-Devil Heroine:
Girl Next Door Heroine:
Paranormal Heroine: At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost 7/27/11

Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost

message 20: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 5132 comments I didn't see this! I'm in but I'm going for easy:

0/10

Wallflower Heroine:
Professional Heroine:
Rich Girl Heroine:
Brainiac Heroine:
Spinster Heroine:
Minx/She-Devil Heroine:
Girl Next Door Heroine:
Paranormal Heroine:

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments I need an opinion, has anyone read Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon? in your opinion which category do you think Amanda Devereaux fits in the best?

I'm thinking about putting her in either The Professional Heroine category or The Brainiac Heroine category? Any opinions?

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Let me know if any of the definitions need tweaking."

Lisa I was curious would The Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine also maybe include adventurous?

message 23: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 303 comments Gabrielle wrote: "I need an opinion, has anyone read Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon? in your opinion which category do you think Amanda Devereaux fits in the best?

I'm thinking about putting her in either The ..."

Either would work :)

message 24: by Lisarenee (last edited Feb 23, 2011 03:50AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments You got me with the adventurous heroine Gabrielle. I'm not sure. Maybe it's another type of heroine altogether. I'm thinking she doesn't quite fit into The Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking category. They're ones looking to change something or not conform to something society does.

I guess the other question would be do they also fall into one of the other categories?

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments I was just curious, thanks guys!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments I was just wondering is it ok to use a book for this challenge if your already using it for the My Hero challenge?

message 27: by Sans (new)

Sans I don't see why not. We double count books for other challenges so the same should hold true for the hero/heroine challenge.

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments I didn't think anyone would mind but I don't like making assumptions if I can help it that's why I asked. Thanks Sans!

message 29: by Alicia (new)

Alicia For anyone who has read The Gargoyle, do you think I could put Marianne into any of these categories? She's probably not a very good fit for any of them, except maybe "woman warrior", but I'm worried that might be stretching a bit too much.

message 30: by Galla (new)

Galla | 110 comments Marianne's tough to fit into a category! If you wanted to stretch a bit, you could probably put her in outsider/rebel, since she's so unconventional. Professional might work, too--she's not what comes to mind when I think of the category, but she is hardcore about her sculpting.

message 31: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Thanks Galla! I think I will just leave her out for now. I don't want to feel like I cheated, haha.

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments I was curious about something? I'm reading this book right now about a girl that might fit in well in the Wallflower category.

The thing is she's not really plain by any stretch of the imagination, but she does have a couple of features that might be overlooked by normal people, she's also sort of seen as an oddity do you think she might be good for this category?

message 33: by Sans (new)

Sans The Heroine Challenge
Timeframe: none

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine ~
Wallflower Heroine ~
Professional Heroine ~
Rich Girl Heroine ~
Brainiac Heroine ~
Spinster Heroine ~
Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine ~
Minx/She-Devil Heroine ~ Charley Davidson in First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Girl Next Door Heroine ~
Paranormal Heroine ~

Completed: 1/10
First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

message 34: by Alicia (last edited Mar 04, 2011 09:22AM) (new)

Alicia Anyone have thoughts on Grace from Shiver? I was thinking she is maybe Girl Next Door? She is fairly wholesome, sweet, agreeable, kind of passive, and she prefers to spend time at home cooking and reading rather than going out. She doesn't fall for the boy next door exactly, lol, but he lives behind her house.. even if he does live in the woods and not in a house.

message 35: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 303 comments I agree with girl next door, and the woods are pretty much next door to her house so.... :)

message 36: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Nairabell wrote: "I agree with girl next door, and the woods are pretty much next door to her house so.... :)"

Haha, exactly! Thanks, I think I'll go with that. Was just curious what others would categorize her as. :)

message 37: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) I'd like to try this! I will have to go back and check the books I've read so far and my to-read list to see what applies :)

message 38: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) Okay so far I have:

Rich Girl Heroine - Tamara in The Book of Tomorrow

message 39: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) Brainiac Heroine - Lily in Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 8 comments I'm in for easy, but will most likely bump it up. I'll set it from today until the end of the year!

I'll post as I go!

message 41: by Angela (last edited Mar 30, 2011 02:29PM) (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 338 comments The Heroine Challenge
Start: February 13, 2011

OUTSIDER/REBEL: GIN Venom, Jennifer Estep MAR 29/2011
WALLFLOWER: ANNA Hunting Ground, Patricia Briggs MAR 26/2011
PROFESSIONAL: SASCHA Slave to Sensation, Nalini Singh MAR 20/2011
RICH GIRL: JESSAMINE Clockwork Angel, Cassandra Clare MAR 22/2011
BRAINIAC: LISSA Last Sacrifice, Richelle Mead MAR 25/2011
SPINSTER: VIC Black Silk, Jan Gordon MAR 30/2011
WARRIOR/KICK-BUTT: CAT, This Side of the Grave, Jeaniene Frost MAR 19/2011
MINX/SHE-DEVIL: SARAH Magic in the Wind, Christine Feehan MAR 28/2011
GIRL NEXT DOOR: SIDNEY Blood Promise, Richelle Mead MAR 23/2011
PARANORMAL: ROSE Spirit Bound, Richelle Mead MAR 24/2011

Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead Black Silk by Jan Gordon This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)  by Christine Feehan Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 8 comments Update!
Easy (1-3 books for each category)
March 10 - December 31
3 of 10 Complete

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking:
Wallflower:
Professional:
1.Kim Fraser, Pride Mates - Reread 3/11 ****
Rich Girl:
Brainiac:
Spinster:
Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt:
Minx/She-Devil:
1.Ivy Sinclair,The Most Wicked of Sins - Complete 3/10 ****1/2
Girl Next Door:
1.Clarissa Crambray, Love Is Blind - Complete 3/13 ****
Paranormal:

Read
The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2) by Kathryn Caskie Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Love Is Blind by Lynsay Sands

message 43: by Kristina (last edited Mar 15, 2011 01:29PM) (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) Rich Girl - Tamara in The Book of Tomorrow
Braniac Heroine - Lily in Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Professional Heroine - Parker in Vision in White

message 44: by Inga (new)

Inga Duration: March-December, 2011
Level: easy (1-3 books for every type of heroine)

Outsider/Rebel/Bluestocking Heroine: tough, self-sufficient, self-thinking woman who will not conform just because she's told to by others or because society dictates it. A person who wishes to control her is barking up the wrong tree.

Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh Black Jack (Elite Ops, #4) by Lora Leigh
Brenna: Caressed by Ice - 09 March 2011; 4 stars
Lillian: Black Jack - 13 March 2011; 4 stars

Wallflower Heroine: plain looking an overlooked by most but an extraordinary type of woman that excels at everything but small talk. Needs someone who can look beyond the surface and see her inner beauty.

The Hollow (Sign of Seven, #2) by Nora Roberts
Layla: The Hollow - 6 March 2011; 4 stars

Professional Heroine: sometimes mistaken as being a bitch for using her authority, but she just knows how to handle people and will not be pushed around. Needs someone not intimidated by her brain or her authority and can give as good as they take.

Rich Girl Heroine: rich and smart and a little spoiled, but has a good heart. Needs someone who'll appreciate her for her and not her money.

Brainiac Heroine: smarter than your average bear and willing to use that to her advantage. Needs someone that will not be intimidated by her brain and can hold their own.

Spinster Heroine: thought to be too old to ever marry, but possesses hidden passion and is too smart to settle for anything less than she deserves. She needs someone that has it all.

Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine: tough, self-sufficient, uncompromising and needs someone that won't change her and accepts her the way she is -faults & all.

Heat Seeker (Elite Ops, #3) by Lora Leigh Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2) by Pamela Palmer
Bailey: Heat Seeker - 12 March 2011; 4,5 stars
Delaney: Obsession Untamed 02 March 2011; 4,5 stars

Minx/She-Devil Heroine: mischievous, feisty, and self-thinking. Will give a person a run for their money and will be well worth it.

Girl Next Door Heroine: she's pretty, smart, sweet, wholesome, but somewhat naïve. Most likely to fall for the boy next store.

Paranormal Heroine: strong, self-sufficient, and dangerous woman who won't put up with cr@p. Needs a person who can handle her and not be intimidated. Can be a witch, vampire, shape-shifter, etc.

message 45: by Kristen (last edited Sep 02, 2011 02:54PM) (new)

Kristen  (yogamamareads) | 57 comments This will be fun! Girls rule!!!
Moderate 4 - 8 books for every type of heroine.

Finished on September 2: 50 books!

1. Kitty Norville: Kitty Goes to Washington
2. Helga: The Year We Were Famous
3. Gratuity "Tip" Tucci: The True Meaning of Smekday
4. Sula: The Water Wars
5. Karina: The Astral: A Novel

Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2) by Carrie Vaughn The Year We Were Famous by Carole Estby Dagg The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher The Astral A Novel by Kate Christensen

Wallflower Heroine
1. Lacey from: Miles from Ordinary
2. Willa Lang from: The Uncoupling
3. Claire Waverley from: Garden Spells
4. Chloe from The Summoning
5. Art3mis from Ready Player One

Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Professional Heroine
1. Poser: My Life in Twenty-three Yoga Poses
2.Regina from:The Girl Who Became a Beatle
3. Olivia Lockhart:16 Lighthouse Road
4. Profession McGonagal: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
5. Anita Blake: Guilty Pleasures

Poser My Life in Twenty-three Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer The Girl Who Became a Beatle by Greg Taylor 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) by Debbie Macomber Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling

Rich Girl Heroine
1. Meg Powers: Long May She Reign
2. Lila Zackarov: Red Glove
3. Taylor: Beauty Queens
4. Claudia: Incarceron
5. Sally/Lucy (Married as an adult): Original Sin

Long May She Reign (The President's Daughter, #4) by Ellen Emerson White Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2) by Holly Black Beauty Queens by Libba Bray Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher Original Sin (Sally Sin Adventures, #1) by Beth McMullen

Brainiac Heroine
1. The Line
2. Hermione: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
3. Chantal: French Lessons
4. Dr. Singh: State of Wonder
5. Annie: The Family Fang

The Line (Line #1) by Teri Hall Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling French Lessons by Ellen Sussman State of Wonder by Ann Patchett The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson

Spinster Heroine
1. Jane from: Leaving the World
2. Christine from: Before I Go to Sleep
3. MaryLou from: The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady
4. Gladys from: South of Superior
5. Aunt Mimi from: John

Leaving the World by Douglas Kennedy Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French South of Superior by Ellen Airgood John by Cynthia Lennon

Woman Warrior/Kick-Butt Heroine
1.Annabeth Chase: The Sea of Monsters
2.The Battle of the Labyrinth
3.Zoey Nightshade: The Titan's Curse
4.Kate Daniels: Magic Burns
5. Jacqueline: Storm of Visions

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3 ) by Rick Riordan Storm of Visions (The Chosen Ones, #1) by Christina Dodd

Minx/She-Devil Heroine
1. Sasha: A Visit from the Goon Squad
2. Bell: The President's Vampire
3. Isabel: Forever
4. Yoko Ono (She-Devil): Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now
5. Michaela: Angels' Blood

A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan The President's Vampire (Nathaniel Cade #2) by Christopher Farnsworth Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Paul McCartney Many Years from Now by Paul McCartney Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

Girl Next Door Heroine
1.Cloaked
2.Darkfever
3.Fallen
4.Melody Mayflower:Bumped
5. Kit Corrigan: Strings Attached

Cloaked by Alex Flinn Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty Strings Attached by Judy Blundell

Paranormal Heroine
1. Unraveled
2. Evernight
3. Lily: Hexbound
4. Sookie: Dead Reckoning
5. Helen: The Radleys

Unraveled (Intertwined, #2) by Gena Showalter Evernight (Evernight #1) by Claudia Gray Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2) by Chloe Neill Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris The Radleys by Matt Haig

message 46: by Sans (new)

Sans Is anyone else having a hard time finding different heroines? I'm thinking I'm either reading the wrong genres (where the heroines are somewhat limited in their personality types) or I'm so caught up in the heroes that I'm simply not paying attention to the heroine.

message 47: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) I am, Sans. I agree, I think I don't read the right type of books like you said. There are some I could really stretch to make fit the descriptions. I'm gonna keep tryin :)

message 48: by Sans (new)

Sans Glad to know I'm not alone. And I think stretching things could be considered creative thinking!

message 49: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) I like the way you think! Haha

message 50: by Alicia (new)

Alicia I'm finding there are tons and tons of outsider/rebel and paranormal heroines, but very few of some of the other types like professional, wallflower, brainiac. I'm not sure if it's a reflection of the types of books I read, or if it's just a more general reflection of the types of heroines that are more popular for authors to write right now.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.