This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

In my day......

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Yes, I'm doing a cranky old man thread. Don't like it? Suck it.

In my day, people controlled their animals. But my neighbor can't seem to manage that. After several minutes of his dog barking at me or the kids, my neighbor will come out and yell at the dog. The dog happily ignores it, and sadly, it is my neighbor who retreats inside the house with his penis tucked between his legs.

If you can't be a man, and show the dog who's boss (something you should have started when you first got him) just stay inside so you don't embarrass yourself anymore than you already have.

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments In my day the Valentines you bought for your classmates were actually big enough to write their names on.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, and they had real envelopes.

message 4: by Kasia (new)

Kasia In my day there wasn't Valentines day. It's a newish holiday over here, in my corner of the world, and I don't like it. Not a little bit. Feh.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I feel sad because we aren't going to get the annual Valentines Day Curse thread.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yes.

message 7: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Blasphemy.

message 10: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Actually, in my day, dogs sort of ran all over the neighborhood. Obviously the dogs that shouldn't be out were kept locked up, but there were dogs that you knew who would run up to you in the middle of a pick up basketball game and try to hump your leg. You had to avoid stepping in dog shit while playing football at the park. Guess what, no one got hurt, no one called Animal Control to come pick up said dogs. In fact when one of the dogs that should be locked up would escape, it was big neighborhood news. Kids would run all over spreading the word. Bear was the name of the biggest dog in the world and he frightened us kids to no end. When you heard the dreaded, "BEAR IS LOOSE!" you ran to the nearest house that you knew you could gain entry to. The parents called Mr. Womack and told him the dog had gotten out of the yard. He and his wife would track Bear down and we'd all resume playing cops and robbers or whatever bullshit game we had come up with that day. No harm no foul.

These days, I'm very grumpy and I am completely annoyed by the one neighbor that lets her dogs run free all over the place. I like the dogs, but I've fallen into the way of the HOA Nazi movement. "Dogs loose in my neighborhood!?!?" "Haven't they heard of leash laws!?" If that mutt turns my trash can over on trash day, I'm gonna be pissed. All in all, if the dog isn't fucking up your yard or maiming small animals and children...who gives a shit. BFD!!

Now excessive barking is a whole different thing. There is harm and foul involved in that obnoxious shit.

message 11: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Valentines Day is a huge crock of shit!

This guy brought two "Valentine's Day" cakes into work today. Set them up in the break room and told everyone that they were for the women. After all of the women had received cake then the men could have some too. I grabbed a piece, told him thanks and let him know that I'd be in the HR department eating my cake and reading up on the sexual discrimination portion of the employee manual! The cake was delicious.

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Fuck Valentines Day.

message 13: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Halloween sucks ass because the kids suck ass. Like they are fucking entitled to my candy. No "trick or treat", weak ass costumes, rarely a "thank you"... these kids need to be taught how to do it before they are allowed out on their own. I'm recruiting well qualified older kids to steal the candy and egg the houses of the little shits who don't trick or treat properly next year.

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments someone can't wait to be 70.

message 15: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) smetchie wrote: "someone can't wait to be 70."

Do I have to wait until then?

message 16: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Please tell me you two aren't in the same house/building.

Please.

message 17: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Disregard that. I've been working a weird shedule, so my internal clock's a little off.

message 18: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Nope about 10 miles away.

message 19: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Is it going to piss you people off if we post from the same building?

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan In my day, 8 y/o kids didn't have cell phones. My 8 y/o niece asked her mom for a cell phone for her birthday becuase all her friends have one. Who the hell do you need to call? Your babysitter?

Ok, I'm done with my old lady rant for now.

message 21: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Well then you tell your day that I'm tired of its new-fangled things.

>>>>>this message sent from I-touch.

message 22: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Hi Bunny! Nick was pining for you while you were away.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Where were you?

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It was really cute. He even stalked your profile to see if you were active in your other groups. If you take another Haters break you should make sure to check in with Nick periodically so he doesn't cry.

Servius  Heiner Don't listen to this slander, Donna. You know me better then that. Smegma, shut your face.

message 26: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Luckily, it's all right here in print for anyone to see.

Servius  Heiner Lies! Some moderator trickery.