Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > If you could erase one song from existence what would it be?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments One song that will never have existed, nor will anything it inspired.

Alternately, is there one artist you would rewrite as a sanitation worker who never made it into show business?

message 2: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) Can I erase more than one song? I'd really like to get rid of Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet but I also hate Follow Me by Uncle Kracker with a passion.

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawxannne.

Sting would totally be a trash man in my ideal world.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Well, my rule was one song, but nobody follows the rules around here anyway.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Says the multiple five star band assigner. :p

message 6: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) Sarah Pi wrote: "Well, my rule was one song, but nobody follows the rules around here anyway."

Out of respect to your royal Pi-ness, I'll stick with the Jimmy Buffet song. It's probably the most overplayed song in existence and I could do without ever hearing it again.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments The Pina Colada Song.

message 8: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Shit, I can't pick one...

"Hotel California" - The Eagles
"Suite Judy Blue Eyes" - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
"Stayin' Alive" - Bee Gees
"Free Fallin'" - Tom Petty
"Blowin' in the Wind" - Bob Dylan
"A Day in the Life" - The Beatles

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Koeeoaddi wrote: "Santa, Baby
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
Holly Jolly Christmas

Okay, there are just way too many Christmas songs I'd happily obliterate, so...

Imagine"

Ooh. A daring choice.

Mine would be Loving You, of course, so that I never have to leave my cart mid-aisle and run screaming from a supermarket again.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Sally wrote: "Says the multiple five star band assigner. :p"

:P

That one was too cruel to follow the rules.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments That one IS pretty horrendous, Sarah Pi. And not just because of the earbleed vocals.

Also, You're Having My Baby.

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments That stupid Apples and Bananas song that they sung on Barney.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Barbie Girl by Aqua needs to go.

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael We Are the World

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Michael wrote: "We Are the World"

You're going to starve a lot of kids in Africa, Michael.
Who are they going to call when they're down and out and they see no hope at all?

I guess it's a choice you're making.

message 16: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i don't think there's one song or artist i hate enough.

message 17: by Rebecca (last edited Feb 11, 2011 11:40AM) (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments The Makarena.

message 18: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I agree about Free Falling. Ummm, there is that grating song from Will Smith's daughter, Whip My Hair? Something along those those lines. I'm sure it's age appropiate for 10 year olds, but errrrr, I hate that song.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I've never liked Free Fallin', and I like Tom Petty.
Anything by Mariah Carey could go.

message 20: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Honey by Bobby Goldsboro, who would certainly make a lot of people happy if he had never inflicted his "singing" on us them.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I wonder what would change if I put Pat Boone on the garbage truck.

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'll give you Del the Funky Homosapien.

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I wonder what would change if I put Pat Boone on the garbage truck."

His white suit wouldn't be so white.

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

Will you please take The Decemberists too?

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Sally wrote: "Will you please take The Decemberists too?"

No! Or at least, if they're riding a garbage truck, will you send them to my neighborhood. I like them a lot.

message 26: by Sally, la reina (new)

Take them far from me!

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Sally wrote: "Will you please take The Decemberists too?"

No! Or at least, if they're riding a garbage truck, will you send them to my neighborhood. I like them a lot."

Decemberists yes yes yes!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Hot hot hot.

message 29: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments MacArthur Park. I moved into my first apartment after graduation, one of four in an old house, and my upstairs neighbor (whom I never saw) played this one song over and over, for days. I kept thinking, I don't think that I can take it. Then, one day, no more music. Nothing. Someone new moved in.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments angie - rolling stones

message 31: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments Summer of '69.

Worst song ever from a talented performer.

message 32: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Yellow - Coldplay

Dave Matthews should be busing tables in South Dakota.

message 33: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh god Carol I'm with you on that one.

message 34: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments This is hard. There are a lot of songs that should be banished. But I choose:

I Am I Said by Neil Daimond

message 35: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments and no one answered, not even the chair

message 36: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments But what about the chair? What would it listen to?

message 37: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments apparently not Neil Diamond

I thought his 70's hit Forever in Blue Jeans was Reverend Blue Jeans, and I think it's my sister's fault - she tried to use it in a singing game last week.

message 38: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24100 comments Mod
I could never pick just one. Impossible. I don't know if I could narrow it down from 5,000.

message 39: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments Ha! I mentioned that one in an earlier thread because my sister thought the same thing! Is your name actually Anne?

message 40: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments ooh, you caught me!

message 41: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Drake's entire repertoire
Ke$ha

message 42: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I'm all for banning some country music. Not all of it, just the nose twanging stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvLeC...

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 11, 2011 10:07PM) (new)

I am all for banning that style of country music too Janice. While we are banning country music also include anything with yodelling!!!!

message 44: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments unless it's my mom yodeling, because that's pretty great.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Well thankfully I'm unlikely to hear your mum yodel, so am unable to judge. :P

message 46: by Michael (new)

Michael Sarah Pi wrote: "You're going to starve a lot of kids in Africa, Michael. Who are they going to call when they're down and out and they see no hope at all?

I guess it's a choice you're making."

I never thought of the children! I'm changing my choice - for the children! - to Diary by Bread.

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Michael wrote: "I never thought of the children! I'm changing my choice - for the children! - to Diary by Bread. ."

Whew. You're saving their own lives.

message 48: by Riëtte (new)

Riëtte Rossouw | 11 comments Without a doubt: Going Back Fucking West. (Hey, put a comma in the right place, and there's a song I'd like to hear.)

This song just HAS to be played at least once during every party and every wedding. Why, just last week..

*shudders*

message 49: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments The collective catalogs of the Beatles (including solo albums), Bob Dylan, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bjork, Radiohead, Joan Baez, Yes, Jethro Tull, Nick Drake, Billy Joel, Linkin Park, emo bands comprised of boys who write bad poetry, wear girl pants, and cry in the dark, Public Enemy, Beck, Fiona Apple, Liz Phair, Yoko Ono, Soundgarden, Blind Melon, Jane's Addiction, The Breeders, White Zombie, Weezer, The Byrds, Gentle Giant, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Supertramp, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Prince, Culture Club, Pavement, American Music Club, Fugazi, Kings of Leon, and Babes in Toyland.

message 50: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I want to know why Clark has it out for Fiona Apple.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.