This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate ass-backwards date formats

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EvilNick (new)

EvilNick Today is one of the few dates that is actually decipherable no matter where (in a highly divisive, Western-type way) you are, but come tomorrow we will all go our separate ways again.
To many of you, my 09/08/08 will seem like I have skipped merrily into a future of darker evenings and more predictable weather. To me, your 08/09/08 will merely mean that you are deluded crackpots with no sense of the proper order of things.

There is actually an International Standard for date formats (ISO 8601), but outside of astronomers and sysadmins, nobody uses it. Why is the world so shit?

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Cause those damned Europeans won't see sense and do things the normal, American way?

message 3: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments That’s what I like to hear, Tom. Of course, that’s also what EN wanted to hear, but, mah.

Servius  Heiner It is very simple actually... as a man of science I like to work with the "metric" system. it speeds along calculations.... As a master wood craftsmen I love the American standard system. I like purchasing ten penny nails. I enjoy driving 65 MPH as opposed to 95KPH. But I think pansy Nick is missing something... Here in the states the date very's from organization to organization... the military year month day, banks month day year, and company's... forget about it,they do it all willy nilly, you never know what your going to get.

message 5: by EvilNick (new)

EvilNick That's just worse! You can't even follow the same screwed up convention!

MMDDYY makes no sense. If I gave you directions to my house I wouldn't say:

1. Drive out of Bath on the way to Bristol
2. It's the third house on the right
3. Oops, but only after you turn left at the lights.

(cute nick, this isn't the actual way to my house in case you were thinking of swivelling your trebuchet in this direction)

I find myself in agreement with the US military.

message 6: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Nick, did EN just call you cute?

Servius  Heiner I am shocked... I don't think the debate over who is the true Evil needs to continue. I win Weee! Woot.

pansy.

message 8: by EvilNick (new)

EvilNick i can see i underestimated your ability to see through my shabby tricks to rile you, but on the other hand, i think you DO look cute. With those big floppy ears and your tongue sticking out like that.

I don't evil animals

Servius  Heiner Your not fooling anyone, PN. You can rub my jowls if you want... but keep it respectful or I'll gnaw your arm off.

message 10: by EvilNick (new)

EvilNick awww. I was going to put your leash on and take you for a nice walk

message 11: by Novi (new)

Novi Bobby err... what's going on with the Nicks? About the date thing, just spell out the month and make everybody happy.

message 12: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Butt speeling is haurd!

Servius  Heiner I'm about to bite you both.

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin why write out the whole thing just write whatever you want and tell everyone else to suck it

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.