Chick-lit YA discussion

Books > Which is you favorite book of all time?

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mesa (new)

Mesa  (mesareads) | 70 comments Mod
My favorite book of all time would be Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers. if you didn't read it you should.

message 2: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofi322) | 6 comments Yikes! well I can't decide between these 3 (they are just all great in their unique way)
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Amy & Roger's epic detour By Morgan Matson
- Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers (like mesa said Go read this if you haven't)

message 3: by Mesa (new)

My sister have read Before I Fall and since then she's been bugging me to read it. Do you recommend it?

message 4: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofi322) | 6 comments Of course I do! I loved it, it was great in my opinion :D

message 5: by Mesa (last edited Jan 23, 2011 06:18PM) (new)

i'll give it a shot. what book are you reading now?

message 6: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofi322) | 6 comments Right now I'm reading Wondrous Strange By Lesley Livingston :)

message 7: by Terry (last edited Jan 24, 2011 07:03AM) (new)

Terry Johnson I've read lots of great books lately, but missed Some Girls Are, so thanks for that! Others:

Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

and I'm currently reading Warped which is so good!
Warped by Maurissa Guibord

message 8: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (sonythebooklover) That's tough so i'll just name three for now The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow

curently reading
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill XVI by Julia Karr

message 9: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charbooks) | 82 comments Mod
I loved a Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. Runners up would be, Firespell by Chloe Neill & The Stefan Diaries based after the TV show. :)

message 10: by Tori (new)

Tori White | 7 comments Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

message 11: by Mesa (new)

i really want to read Message in a Bottle

Courtney | Lasting Joy Reads (whatcourtneyreads) Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins

message 13: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofi322) | 6 comments Ohh I just got my copy of anna and the French kiss I'm super excited to read it!! :D *does the happy dance*

message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara | 3 comments Anna and the French Kiss was amazing! I also liked The Summer I Turned Pretty and the sequel It's Not Summer Without You.

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara | 3 comments and of course I can't forget Harry Potter <3

message 16: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofi322) | 6 comments Omg I love those books too!! I remember I couldn't put the summer I turned pretty DOWN I was very much addicted and then I just had to read the sequel and I cannot wait for the 3rd book!!

Courtney | Lasting Joy Reads (whatcourtneyreads) I loved the Jenny Han books. Can't wait for the third book! And Anna and the French kiss was just sooo good! You're gonna love is Sofia!

message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara | 3 comments You are!!! I stayed up all night to finish it when I read it. :)) The Summer Series is fabulous! I'm so excited for April!

message 19: by Jenna (last edited Mar 16, 2011 12:25AM) (new)

Jenna (jennaknows) Ah, I can't choose just one.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Interview With the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

I really can't choose.

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyechevarria) | 6 comments The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4) by Stephenie Meyer The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
and much much much more.Simone elkeles is very good too.

The Romance Bookie (theromancebookie) | 5 comments Courtney wrote: "Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins"

OOH "Something Borrowed" is great! I loved that book! Same with the sequel "Something Blue" (which is Darcy's story) SO great!!

http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/

message 22: by Booklover (last edited Jul 19, 2011 10:23PM) (new)

Booklover | 13 comments I can't choose one there are so many that i like and have it on my re-reading list

*Harry Potter series(all 7 books)
*Twilight(did'nt liked second book that much it was okay read)
*Chesapeake Shores by Sherryl Woods
*Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella

message 23: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 3 comments I can't choose!!!
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë Twilight (The Mediator, #6) by Meg Cabot Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

it's tough....

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 14 comments One of my all time favorite reads this year was Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
I can't wait for her new book to be out!

message 25: by Sofia (last edited Jul 23, 2011 01:47PM) (new)

Sofia (sofiah) | 5 comments I can't choose. It's too hard. But here's some:
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare

message 26: by Sara (new)

Sara (nameless18973) | 3 comments The Mediator series by Meg Cabot is one of my favorites. Along with that there is The Hunger Games trilogy, Harry Potter and pretty much anything by Sarah Dessen.

I just got done reading Out of My Mind, Lifted and Cryer's Cross. Out of My Mind was an interesting read and I got pretty into it but the dialog was a bit outdated. Lifted and Cryer's Cross were really good though.

I'm trying to read The Daughters right now but I really can't get passed the characters. It's a little too fluffly for me.

message 27: by Eardancer (new)

Eardancer | 1 comments My favorite YA books are Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause and The China Garden by Liz Berry.

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 4 comments The Darkest Power series by Kelley Armstrong is Awesome! I also liked Anna and the French Kiss

message 29: by Charisse (new)

Charisse (chaos_) | 3 comments The Hunger Games series. I love those books, they are just awesome! I seriously think they changed the way I read books. Now my standards are so much higher. lol

message 30: by Anna (new)

Anna (aneska77) Anna and the French Kiss is my favourite book! I love (reeeeaaaally love) Étienne <3

message 31: by Josh (new)

Josh Tremino | 2 comments As much as I hate to admit it, Twilight is probably my favorite book. I really liked it.

The Romance Bookie (theromancebookie) | 5 comments Way toooooo many to even name!! But among them are:

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3) by Meg Cabot Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10) by Meg Cabot

The DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) by Kody Keplinger

The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4) by Stephenie Meyer Harry Potter Boxed Set (Harry Potter, #1-6) by J.K. Rowling

message 33: by Charlotte (new)

I love The Duff. :)

message 34: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany The best book i read so far that i like is...
theirs so many LOL hmm...
1. Before I Fall
2. Ten Things We Did
3. Fall For Me
i am reading 13 reasons why in my kindle and at my school i am reading gossip girls, so far i haven't been able to read anything because of homework. I am going to start getting back into my track of books!! Kindles are addicting (My opinion)

message 35: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Charlotte wrote: "I love The Duff. :)"

My sister is reading that book!!, i cant wait till she is done, i want to read it soo bad!!

message 36: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Fiji (nikitafiji) | 2 comments The Secret Life Of A Slummy Mummy  by Fiona Neill
i really loved the way dis females a mom n al....but she stil has her fun side on

message 37: by Becky (new)

Becky (barmy_bex) | 1 comments I can't choose one either:
- Mrs Frisby & The Rats of Nimh by Robert C O'Brian
- Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine
- Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy
- Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter series by J K Rowling
So many more but this is the basic top 5

message 38: by Charlotte (new)

Tiffany wrote: "The best book i read so far that i like is...
theirs so many LOL hmm...
1. Before I Fall
2. Ten Things We Did
3. Fall For Me
i am reading 13 reasons why in my kindle and at my school i am reading ..."

Before I Die is so good, I read it a lot earlier this year but I still can't get it out of my head!

Tiffany wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "I love The Duff. :)"

My sister is reading that book!!, i cant wait till she is done, i want to read it soo bad!!"

Kody Keplinger is a really good author! (:

message 39: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta! It is the best book ever! It is Australian, so some of you might not have heard of it. I love it.

message 40: by Anna (new)

Anna | 3 comments I LOVE Lola and the Boy Next Door and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins!! As well as The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot and of course Harry Potter!

message 41: by Annie (new)

Annie (0bookgeek0) I LOVE the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, I can not yet find a book that leaves such a deep impression to me as this series! I really love the whole entire series so much & recommend everyone who haven't read it,to read it or if you did to read it again! :)

message 42: by Charlotte (new)

Annie wrote: "I LOVE the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, I can not yet find a book that leaves such a deep impression to me as this series! I really love the whole entire series so much & recommend every..."

I've been wanting to read that for a long time now, all I hear is good reviews! (:

message 43: by Annie (new)

Annie (0bookgeek0) Charlotte wrote: "Annie wrote: "I LOVE the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, I can not yet find a book that leaves such a deep impression to me as this series! I really love the whole entire series so much & r..."
you should defiantly read it! It's a really good book! <3

message 44: by Charlotte (new)

Annie wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "Annie wrote: "I LOVE the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, I can not yet find a book that leaves such a deep impression to me as this series! I really love the whole entire ..."

I should! The movie looks really good too, haha.