Start by marking “Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)

Princess in Love

(The Princess Diaries #3)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  45,360 ratings  ·  1,259 reviews
Princess Mia may seem like the luckiest girl ever.

But the truth is, Mia spends all her time doing one of three things: preparing for her nerve-racking entrée into Genovian society, slogging through the congestion unique to Manhattan in December, and avoiding further smooching from her hapless boyfriend, Kenny.

For Mia, being princess is not the fairy tale it's supposed to b
Published March 2003 by HarperTeen (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Princess in Love, please sign up.

emma
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mmmmph. Okay.

So this is the worst one yet.

Which is not that hard, because the first and second books in this series were like, nonstop barrels of laughs. Real walks in the park. Amusement park levels of fun, if you're a normal person and find them to be extremely fun, and not me who sees them as Nausea Central with like an eighty dollar admission cost.

Anyway.

This was just a liiiiiittle too dramatic and repetitive. Don't get me wrong, the other two books were fun precisely because they're very dr
April (Aprilius Maximus)
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
OMG THE ENDING I AM DEAD.
Jessica
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Man, am I flying through this series or what?
This is a reread for me.. I wanted to reread this series because
1. I love this series and I've never reread them so I thought, hey! why not!
2. A Royal Wedding is coming out in June AND I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT!!!

(view spoiler)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Reread 5/2/15: I've been swooning over Michael Moscovitz for a decade, and showing no signs of stopping. Sa-wooooon.
Melissa Veras
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Freaking loved this! My heart is warm and I'm so so happy! Stayed up until 3AM finishing this baby ♥ Mia and Michael are officially one of my OTP's! This book was so much better than the second one.

One thing I don't understand is why are the books of this series so short? Is completely unnecessary, as they feel like one big book split into a dozen. Between books 1-3 there is not clear division, and it bothers me because I feel like they pull me off the story for no reason. Hey, at least the
Sepani
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-on-books
After a long time, that I had some moment of laughter while reading this...
Hope that will continue till the end of this series.
I wish my favorite character; Michael will appear in the next book too.........
Mayra Sigwalt
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eu praticamente inspirei esse livro, de tão rápido que eu li. Hahahaah
Gosto da maneira bem lenta e juvenil que a Meg desenvolveu o romance. Eu vejo TANTAS coisas da minha experiência na pré adolescência lendo esses livros. Tantas inseguranças e teimosias. Mas adorei ver a Mia crescendo em cada livro. É definitivamente uma leitura fofa e gostosinha de fazer, mesmo se vc já saiu da pré adolescência faz mto tempo! Hahaha
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG SO CUTE!!!!
Shannon (leaninglights)
Another adorable addition in the series. Didn't love this one quite as much as the first two, it was a little more boy-focused, but overall still really enjoyed it and am excited to get to Genovia next :)
Norah Una Sumner
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: chick lit lovers,young adult readers
My reaction after finishing this one:

description

I cried a little and squealed a lot .I swear to God,my mom came into my room like:

description

But I didn't care at all.I was like:

description

I'm smiling while writing this,something is seriously wrong with me...I'm in love with Michael.If someone told me that I'll be reading The Princess Diaries series again in high school and be more emotional about it than when I was 12 years old,I wouldn't believe him.But it's true.I'm pretty sure that 6 years ago I didn't squeal this much beca
Melissa
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
I know I'm waaaaaay older than the target audience for these books, but I loved this book, even so. As I was reading this I was thinking, "That's exactly like I was in high school." Well, except I wasn't a princess . . . and I grew up in Missouri, not NYC . . . and my mom wasn't married to my algebra teacher . . . and I wasn't so lucky to have the big brother of my best friend ever like me . . . Okay, I guess this book was nothing like me. But, still I could relate to so many of the feelings Mia ...more
Karina
Apr 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: all girls!
Princess in L♥ve By: Meg Cabot.
Meg Cabot did a really good job with all the princess books, well in my opinion she did. I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved that Mia was confused about love because well really mostly all girls are. Mia wants to find the right boy for her but she dosent know who. She has a boyfriend already but she knows that he's not the one for her, but then on the other hand she is really good friends with Michael Moscovitz aka her bestfriend's brother, anyways she thi
Caron
This series is easily added to my favourites list. I'm falling more and more in love with every book I finish and I do not mind at all.

It's been 3 months since Mia found out that she's a princess and the heir to the Genovian throne and you'd think things would've settled down by now, but nope. All eyes are still on Mia. I think that people are just waiting for her to mess up which is so not cool.

First thing, Lily was not as annoying in this book. She was still her usual aggravating bossy self bu
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
This is my favourite Princess Diaries book so far! It brought back so many cute memories about Mia and Michael. I'm really enjoying my reread of this series!
Nasty Lady MJ
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To see full binge review of books 1-3 click here.

I shouldn’t love this book as much as I do.

But whatever.

Mia and Michael x’s infinity.

Yes, I’m fangirling.

But you would too with these two.

Okay, to get serious, Princess in Love would’ve been a nice wrap up to the series to be honest. It sort of had that perfect gooey feeling to it. Where you just wanted to wrap yourself up and love it. Even the ending scene was just perfect.

That would be in part becuase the series was originally intended as three
Lucy
Mar 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-books
Princess in love...obviously this is a book about a girl, Mia who likes a guy. Mia has a boyfriend which she doesn't really like because she's got a guy in her heart who only thinks of her as a kid. She spends her time becoming a princess, living in genovia, and dealing with a widowed mother who's going out with her algebra teacher. So much crazy things going on with her life, so how's she going to ever be with true love? Recommended to people who wants to find out!
Emir Ibañez
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Siempre es refrescante leer a Mia, tan hilarante e inocente que te dan ganas de estrangularla y abrazarla a la vez. Y ese final, me dejó fangirleando *_*
Ad Astra
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
FINALLY! That's all I'll say. I love this series. Wish I had read it when I was younger. But all that awkwardness sure does make me laugh. Ahhh, being a teenager.
De'Siree Fairley
What a cute book! These just get more angsty and adorable as the they go on! I was totally on Kenny's side for most of this book but by the end you have to admit Michael is such a sweetheart also so of course I was swooning at their cute moments. I will never tire of the princess diaries.
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I may end up repeating some things from my Princess In the Spotlight review but bear with me (or is it bare with me? I never know...)! So once again, Mia is narrating the story from her diary. I really like this choice of format because it really does emphasize Mia's voice.

Once again, I'm not liking Lilly all that much even though she's slightly better in this book simply because Mia doesn't tell her as much so how would she know not to say certain things? Still, she still seems really selfish a
Abby
Aug 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
What can I say about these books, they're so endearing. I wish I had read them when I was younger, but I still find the characters really likeable overall. I feel like they are people that you could meet in real life; they are people that you can root for. I decided to read a few and then review them together if I liked them, and trust me, I loved them. I'm going to go through by the things I like most of this series so far. Also, I always loved the movies when I was a girl (I must have watched ...more
Sophie
I started Princess in the Middle immediately after finishing A Royal Disaster, and it was the best decision I've made in a while. It starts about a month or so after the events of A Royal Disaster, and Mia is struggling with the realisation that she'll be going to Genovia within the next month and formally announcing herself as heir to throne. As such, she's having even more princess lessons, and is being fitted with formal gowns to wear on her jam-packed tour of Genovia.

She's also in a relation
Sara Saif
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-like-you-a-lot
Continuity:
This takes place an entire month after Princess in Spotlight and covers about 20 days (which barely leaves any room for scrutinizing the lack of character development). *exasperated sigh*
Summary:
Mia (FINALLY) has a boyfriend but she is not happy because she is in love with her best friend's older brother, Michael. (UNGRATEFUL BRAT)
Whine Chart:
______Boris Pelkowski's mouth breathing.
______Boris Pelkowski's shirt tucking.
______Being a biological sport/gigantic.
(considerably less f
Jasmin
Never did I imagine that a fourteen year old would teach me how to kiss.

The third time is definitely lucky for Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo, Crown Princess of Genovia. Well, of course, not at first, since Mia is stuck with a boyfriend she likes but not loves. She's in love with her best friend's older brother, Michael. And she's still struggling with her Algebra.

Meg Cabot's writing is definitely full of life and humor. It actually makes me nostalgic of my high school l
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Romance
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: nope.
Cliff Hanger: eh.

Ending: 7

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
Mia stood up for herself
Worst Part: Lily upset me greatly!
Thoughts Had: Oh snap Lily; Mia let him down easy!; Micheal, what balls!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: Usually i love Lily, but in this book, i felt like she
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: princess-diaries
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
This book was so...nice. The storyline was fairly good and I enjoyed very much what happened throughout the book. Mia is a pretty...annoying voice to read, mainly because she's a fifteen year old girl confused about love... and also because she's the heir of a country. What really made me enjoy the book much more were the final pages. They had me laughing and in some parts, my heart was pounding to see what would happen. It's a great book to read when you just want to read somthing for the fun o ...more
Maria Casey
My favourite so far of the series. Mia is so witty. The Princess Diaries series always makes me laugh....
Jenny Indarto
Membaca ulang buat mood booster
A Million More Pages: YA BR - Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries #3) - Nov 8 10 11 Nov 11, 2015 02:52AM
Who would like to be like... (example Mia, Lily, Lana... e.c.t.) 4 37 Jan 05, 2015 11:54PM
Goodreads Librari...: My Bad! 5 40 Jan 14, 2014 10:00PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princees In Love [Book 3] 1 4 Oct 31, 2013 02:10PM
Love evey minute of it all 2 21 Jul 24, 2011 06:36PM
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Alice the Brave (Alice, #7)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Lucky (It Girl, #5)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • Dumping Princes
  • Calling the Shots (Angels Unlimited, #4)
  • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2)

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)
“I usually know almost exactly how I feel. The problem is, I just can't tell anyone.” 209 likes
“faint heart never won fair lady” 112 likes