100+ Books in 2022 discussion

2011 Lists > LeisureSuitLarry's 101 Books in 2011 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 1. Upland Outlaws (A Handful of Men, #2) by Dave Duncan Upland Outlaws, Dave Duncan

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 2. The Stricken Field (A Handful of Men, #3) by Dave Duncan The Stricken Field, Dave Duncan

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 3. The Living God (A Handful of Men, #4) by Dave Duncan The Living God, Dave Duncan

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 5. New Spring The Graphic Novel by Robert Jordan New Spring: The Graphic Novel, Robert Jordan and others

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 6. The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King , The Gunslinger, Stephen King

Not normally (ever, really) an author I like, but this book drew me in. I'll probably read the next in the series. Kind of depressing though.

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 8. March Upcountry (Empire of Man, #1) by David Weber March Upcountry, David Weber & John Ringo

message 10: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 10. March to the Sea (Empire of Man, #2) by David Weber March to the Sea, David Weber & John Ringo

message 11: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 11. The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde The Last Dragonslayer, Jasper Fforde

message 13: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 13. Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher Incarceron, Catherine Fisher

message 16: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 16. Bloodshot (The Cheshire Red Reports, #1) by Cherie Priest Bloodshot, Cherie Priest

message 20: by LeisureSuitLarry (last edited Mar 11, 2011 05:45PM) (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 20. The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss The Wise Man's Fear, Pat Rothfuss

Absolutely amazing.

message 22: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 22. A Kingdom Besieged by Raymond E. Feist A Kingdom Besieged, Raymond Feist

message 23: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 23. Magician Apprentice (The Riftwar Saga, #1) by Raymond E. Feist Magician: Apprentice, Raymond Feist

The last one was good enough to inspire me to go back to the beginning. That hasn't happened in many years.

message 24: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 24. Magician Master (The Riftwar Saga, #2) by Raymond E. Feist Magician: Master, Raymond Feist

Looks like it might be time for a full series re-read. Nothing else is doing much to catch my attention right now anyway.

message 25: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 25. Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie

Decent but needed a quarter of it cut out in editing.

message 29: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 29. Sandman Slim (Sandman Slim, #1) by Richard Kadrey Sandman Slim, Richard Kadrey

message 30: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 30. 100 Cupboards  by N.D. Wilson 100 Cupboards, ND Wilson

It takes about halfway through the story to get to the interesting part, but once you're there it's hard to put down.

message 31: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 31. Goblin Tales by Jim C. Hines Goblin Tales, Jim C. Hines

message 33: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 33. Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez Divine Misfortune, A. Lee Martinez

message 34: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 34. It's Superman! by Tom De Haven It's Superman!, Tom De Haven

A new, five-star take on superman's origins and the time between leaving Smallville and becoming Supes.

message 35: by LeisureSuitLarry (last edited Apr 26, 2011 10:58PM) (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 35. The Painted Boy by Charles de Lint The Painted Boy, Charles de Lint

Read this. You won't regret it.

message 36: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 36. Dreadnaught (The Lost Fleet Beyond the Frontier, #1) by Jack Campbell Dreadnaught, Jack Campbell

message 37: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 37. The Immortal Prince (Tide Lords, #1) by Jennifer Fallon The Immortal Prince, Jennifer Fallon

message 38: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 38. Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern Into the Wild Nerd Yonder, Julie Halpern

Cute teen-girl fiction, but the d&d intrigued me. Still, it was a pretty good book and I would read a sequel.

message 39: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 39. Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi Fuzzy Nation, John Scalzi

Fantastic!

message 40: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 40. Feed (Newsflesh, #1) by Mira Grant Feed, Mira Grant

Nominated for a Hugo; deserves to win. I'm on a roll with good books and the next one I read has got some big shoes to fill.

message 41: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 41. Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson Night of the Living Trekkies, Kevin David Anderson

Trek + zombie = creepy fun

message 42: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 42. The Magic of Recluce (The Saga of Recluce, #1) by L.E. Modesitt Jr. The Magic of Recluce, LE Modesitt, Jr

The string of good books has been snapped. This one was almost unbearably painful.

message 43: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 43. Wizard's Bane (Wiz, #1) by Rick Cook Wizard's Bane, Rick Cook

Meh. I guess strings of good books are inevitably followed-up with strings of bad. At least I've got Deadline (Mira Grant) to look forward to on Tuesday, but I'll have to find some fluff to get me through the long weekend.

message 44: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 44. House of Cards (Star Trek New Frontier, No 1) by Peter David House of Cards, Peter David

message 45: by LeisureSuitLarry (last edited May 29, 2011 10:41AM) (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 45. Into the Void (Star Trek New Frontier, #02) by Peter David Into the Void, Peter David

message 46: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 46. Deadline (Newsflesh, #2) by Mira Grant Deadline, Mira Grant

Amazing! I couldn't put it down.

message 47: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 47. The Two Front War (Star Trek New Frontier, #3) by Peter David The Two Front War, Petr David

message 48: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 48. End Game (Star Trek New Frontier, No 4) by Peter David End Game, Peter David

message 49: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 49. Poop Culture How America is Shaped by its Grossest National Product by Dave Praeger

message 50: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 674 comments 50. Alcoholica Esoterica A Collection of Useful and Useless Information As It Relates to the History andConsumption of All Manner of Booze by Ian Lendler

« previous 1 3