Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

Robin's Hopefully Lengthy List of 100+ Books (2011)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (last edited Mar 17, 2011 05:43PM) (new)

Rob (kanata) I managed 106 books last year on my own so I hope to reach that high this year with this group.

Total Books Read: 30 /100
Fiction: 6
Non Fiction: 18
Poetry/Speech/Essays: 6

Best Reads:

Man and His Symbols by Carl Gustav Jung This Is Water Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about Living a Compassionate Life by David Foster Wallace Mindsight The New Science of Personal Transformation by Daniel J. Siegel The Tudors The Complete Story of England's Most Notorious Dynasty by G.J. Meyer The Dance of Anger A Woman's Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate Relationships by Harriet Goldhor Lerner

message 2: by Rob (last edited Jan 25, 2011 12:14AM) (new)

Rob (kanata) January: Books read: 16
Fiction: 4
Non Fiction: 7
Poetry/Speech/Essays: 5

1. Man and His Symbols by Carl Gustav Jung: date read: Jan. 2nd: 4/5 ****
2. Star Trek: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of Empire by David R. George III: date read: Jan. 2nd: 3/5 ***
3. The Book of Awesome: Snow Days, Bakery Air, Finding Money in Your Pocket, and Other Simple, Brilliant Things by Neil Pasricha: date read: Jan. 5th: 2/5 **
4. Poems by Emily Dickinson: date read: Jan. 6th: 2/5**
5. Touching: The Human Significance of the Skin by Ashley Montagu: date read: Jan. 10th: 2/5**
6. This Is Water: Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about Living a Compassionate Life by David Foster Wallace: date read: Jan. 10th: 5/5*****
7. Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff: date read: Jan. 13th: 3/5***
8. Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation by Daniel J. Siegel: date read: Jan. 15th: 4/5****
9. Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge by Eleanor Herman: date read: Jan. 15th: 3/5***
10. Zombie Spaceship Wasteland: A Book by Patton Oswalt by Patton Oswalt: date read: Jan. 17th: 3/5***
11. "Ladies of Letters"(audio book): by Carole Hayman: date read: Jan. 18th: 4/5****
12. Your Inner Child of the Past by W. Hugh Missildine: date read: Jan. 20th: 3/5***
13. Mortified 2: Love is a Battlefield by David Nadelberg: date read: Jan. 20th: 4/5****
14. Ladies of Letters.com: Series 4(audio book) by Carole Hayman&Lou Wakefield: date read: Jan. 22nd: 3/4***
15. Ladies of Letters Log on(audio book) by Carole Hayman: date read: Jan. 24: 2/5**
16. Sex with the Queen: 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman: date read: Jan. 24: 4/5****

message 3: by Rob (last edited Feb 26, 2011 06:42PM) (new)

Rob (kanata) February: Books read: 10
Fiction: 2
Non Fiction: 7
Poetry/Speech/Essay: 1

1. Dreams: God's Forgotten Language by John A. Sanford: date read: Feb. 4th: 3/5***
2. The Tudors: The Complete Story of England's Most Notorious Dynasty by G.J. Meyer: date read: Feb. 6th: 4/5****
3. Being There by Jerzy Kosiński: date read: Feb. 6th: 4/5****
4. Relic(audio book) by Douglas Preston: date read: Feb. 7th: 1/5*
5. After Elizabeth: The Rise of James of Scotland and the Struggle for the Throne of England by Leanda de Lisle: date read: Feb. 11th: 3/5***
6. Memories, Dreams, Reflections by Carl Gustav Jung: date read: Feb. 11th: 2/5**
7. Good Poems for Hard Times by Garrison Keillor: date read: Feb. 12th: 2/5**
8. Your Child's Self Esteem by Dorothy Briggs: date read: Feb. 12th: 3/5***
9. Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés: date read: Feb. 12th: 1/5*
10. The Best Creative Nonfiction by Lee Gutkind: date read: Feb. 26th: 3/5***

message 4: by Rob (last edited Mar 17, 2011 05:44PM) (new)

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) April: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 6: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) May: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 7: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) June: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 8: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) July: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 9: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) August: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 10: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) September: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 11: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) October: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 12: by Rob (new)

Rob (kanata) November: Books read:
Fiction:
Non Fiction:

message 13: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 247 comments Robin wrote: "They have no real redeeming value but they help cheer up the empty corners of my mind...."

That sounds an awful lot like 'redeeming value' to me! :)

message 14: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 247 comments Robin wrote: "4. Poems (Shambhala Pocket Classics) by Emily Dickinson: 2/5: The rhyming scheme just doesn't sit well with me. I enjoyed a few poems but kept sing-songing them in my head. Further cementing my theory that I only like free ve..."

Here's something my friends and I discovered in High School... almost all of her poems can be sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song! We laughed about that for ages ;)