Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives (Deleted&moved topics) > Most Anticipated of 2011

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
What books due for release in 2011 are you most excited for?

message 2: by David (new)

David jones | 8 comments angelfire, maximum ride book 7

message 3: by ★ Jess (new)

The Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak. I am so excited for this! Zusak is an incredible author. I LOVED The Book Thief and I Am the Messenger. I simply CAN NOT WAIT to see what he comes up with next.

Also, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. I havent read ANY of her books, though I plan to read them all ASAP, and Ive got half of them on my bookshelf at home. Also, I love the covers-and cant wait to see what this one will be :)

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales and Mastiff, both by Tamora Pierce. I know there are LOTS of others, but they're not coming at the moment.

I didn't know about The Bridge of Clay. What is it about and when does it come out? (I'm adding it to my excited list)

message 5: by ★ Jess (last edited Dec 28, 2010 06:39AM) (new)

From wikipedia:
Bridge of Clay is a teen novel by Australian author Markus Zusak, to be published by Doubleday and released on September 1, 2011. The book primarily focuses on family and bridges, both physical and emotional. The main character, Clay, attempts to build a bridge over a river before it floods.Zusak has been planning the book for over ten years.
In an interview with The Guardian, Zusak made the following comments:
I'm writing a book called Bridge of Clay - about a boy building a bridge and wanting it to be perfect. He wants to achieve greatness with this bridge, and the question is whether it will survive when the river floods. That's all I can say about it for now - not out of secrecy, but you just don't know what direction a book is going to take, no matter how well you've planned.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Cool. It sounds good, plus he's an amazing writer, so anything he writes would probably be great.

message 7: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments Afterlife by Claudia Gray, The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong, Awakened by P.C Cast, Supernaturally by Kiersten White and Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton. I have already pre-ordered Awakened because that comes out on January 4 and I want to get it as soon as possible without the annoying problem of going to the shop and finding that they don't have it. That happens often, but is more likely because it is new and they might not have it yet when I go or it might be sold out. I want to pre-order the others as well.

message 8: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments The Son of Neptune and The Lost Hero 2 by Rick Riordan.
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Shur'tugal by Christopher Paolini (if it ever comes out)
Darke by Angie Sage
Where She Went by Gayle Forman. (the sequel to If I Stay)
The Trust by Tom Dolby (its Secret Society's sequel)

wow, all the books im anticipating are continuations in a series......

another- Sphinx's Queen by Esther M. Friesner. it's already out, but it's gonna be 2011 before i can get my hands on it.

message 9: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments End of the year Haruki Murakami's new novel 1Q84 is finally going to be released in English. I've been pumped for this one for ages now, purposefully avoiding all info about it. Right now I'm thinking the title similarity to 1984 isn't a coincidence.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate wrote: "Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales and Mastiff, both by Tamora Pierce. I know there are LOTS of others, but they're not coming at the moment."

SQUEAL!! I love Tamora Pierce! I have Tortall and other Lands on order! Lol it comes out Feb.22

message 11: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (last edited Jan 16, 2011 04:36PM) (new)

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Christina wrote: "Kate wrote: "Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales and Mastiff, both by Tamora Pierce. I know there are LOTS of others, but they're not coming at the moment."..."

My library has yet to add it to its catalog I'm very upset...I've been checking about once a week since August or so. They should add it pretty soon (I hope).

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Divergent
Chime
Forever
So Silver Bright
And I've got my eye on that next Heroes of Olympus book
:o

message 14: by Andrea (last edited Jan 13, 2011 08:55AM) (new)

Andrea Bellar (danielle93) | 2 comments Clairty by Kim Harrington is one I can't wait for. And I am also excited about Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton, Entwined by Heather Dixon and City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare. Its going to be a great year book-wise.

message 15: by ★ Jess (new)

I originally said The Bridge of Clay, but add the following to my list:

Everfound
The Power of Six

message 16: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 315 comments Maggie Stiefvater who is going to be releasing Forever. I'm in desperate need of that book as Linger was left off at such a sharp point.
Harry Potter Film Wizardry
You have no idea how excited I am to get that one.
I'm really looking forward to Lost Voices. I think mermaids are coming back this year. 2010 had a lot of angels and 2011 will have a lot of merpeople.

message 17: by Tara (new)

Tara (tarakieran) | 6 comments Passion by Lauren Kate and the 3rd book in the hush hush series. I cant wait for them to be released! :)

message 18: by Paris (new)

Paris (lilred) | 5 comments Clockwork Prince and City Of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong
And the 3rd book to the Hush,Hush series
So many books.I can't wait for them to come out =)

message 19: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 15 comments I can't wait for The son of Neptune and the rogue crew by Brian Jacques

message 20: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Ohh, just recently found out that David Foster Wallace's novel The Pale King is going to be posthumously released. It was never fully finished, but I guess it's still around 500 pages, which is enough for me.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) I guess The ROGUE CREW by Brian Jacques will be released posthumously :(
I love those books!

message 22: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments The Power of Six... I'm not really anticipating this one, so much, but I'm curious.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Is anyone looking forward to more house of night books?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I also want to get Fallen by Lauren Kate

message 25: by ★ Jess (new)

City of Fallen Angels...Like Taylor said for another book, I am not anticipating this, eager to get it and devour it, but I am curious for it. I will read it one day soon, but why Cassandra Clare felt it necessary to write MORE books, when City of Glass had a perfect ending, I will never know...

message 26: by Z. (last edited Feb 25, 2011 05:14PM) (new)

Z. (mizzfictionista) City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
Passion - Lauren Kate
Wildefire - Karsten Knight
Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick
Divergent - Veronica Roth
Hourglass - Myra McEntire
Scorpia Rising - Anthony Horowitz

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Well, book one on my list, Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales, has come out, and I was not disappointed. I was actually pleasantly surprised, since while I love the author, I don't particularly love short stories. I found these to be the exception, though.

message 28: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments A Tale of Two Pretties by Lisi Harrison.

I originally wasn't all tat eager for this one, but the book that came right before it (My Little Phony) was MULTIPLE times better then the book preceding it (These Boots Are Made For Stalking).

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

What is that about?

message 30: by ★ Jess (new)

Delirium :)
I should have put that on my list, but Ive already purchased it, and its sitting on my bed right now. Cant wait to read it.

The Dark and Hollow Places. Even though I haven't read The Forest of Hands and Teeth, I am excited for that one. Because 1) The plot (for all three) sounds amazing, and 2) The Australian cover is amazing, and I need to have it on my shelf :)

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2) by Carrie Ryan The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan

message 31: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I was lucky enough to read DELIRIUM in 2010. And I loved it. :)

message 32: by Michelle (last edited Feb 26, 2011 12:50AM) (new)

Michelle (meowchelle7) | 150 comments This is kinda late, but oh well.

Some of them have already come out, but I have yet to read them! My goal is also to read the Hunger Games, The Mortal Instruments, The Wolves of Mercy Falls, and the Maximum Ride series in 2011. Can't wait.

message 33: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Paige Anne wrote: "What is that about?"

It's in the series The Clique (i'm bad at summaries, so here's the back of the 1st book):
Massie Block: With her glossy brunette bob and laser-whitened smile, Massie is the uncontested ruler of The Clique and the rest of the social scene at Octavian Country Day School, an exclusive private girls’ school in Westchester County, New York. Massie knows you’d give anything to be just like her.

Dylan Marvil: Massie's second in command who divides her time between sucking up to Massie and sucking down Atkins Diet shakes.

Alicia Rivera: As sneaky as she is beautiful, Alicia floats easily under adult radar because she seems so "sweet." Would love to take Massie's throne one day. Just might do it.

Kristen Gregory: She's smart, hardworking, and will insult you to tears faster than you can say "my haircut isn't ugly!"

Enter Claire Lyons, the new girl from Florida in Keds and two-year-old Gap overalls, who is clearly not Clique material. Unfortunately, for her, Claire's family is staying in the guesthouse on Massie's family's huge estate while they look for a new home. Claire's future looks worse than a bad Prada knockoff. But with a little luck and a lot of scheming, Claire might just come up smelling like Chanel No. 19....

The Clique... the only thing harder than getting in is staying in

message 34: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments Passion. The Death Cure. Uhm..

message 35: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "Divergent
Chime
Forever
So Silver Bright
And I've got my eye on that next Heroes of Olympus book
:o"

Divergent is AMAZING! And I'm only on page 100 >.<

message 36: by Rarietty (new)

Rarietty | 319 comments As I mentioned in another group-

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan! Starting to read The Lost Hero and I LOVE all of the Percy Jackson books. Looks great!

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Natalie wrote: "Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "Divergent
Chime
Forever
So Silver Bright
And I've got my eye on that next Heroes of Olympus boo..."

I don't really want to read DIVERGENT any more. I've read a few lukewarm reviews of it. Dystopians are getting to be so boring.

message 38: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments There are just so many dystopians lately... Like the paranormal craze...

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Yep. And they're pretty much all the same. :S

message 40: by ★ Jess (last edited Feb 26, 2011 09:20PM) (new)

Yep. Move over paranormal-romance, here comes dystopian-romance.

message 41: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "Yep. Move over paranormal-romance, here comes dystopian-romance."

Hahahaha! :D

Haley wrote: "Taylor wrote: "I was lucky enough to read DELIRIUM in 2010. And I loved it. :)"

Wow, how's that? I thought it came out this month..."

I got it through Goodreads First Reads. ;) It was my first ever ARC, I was super excited.

message 42: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "Yep. Move over paranormal-romance, here comes dystopian-romance."

Seriously. Of course, more unique books are always welcome, but at least dystopian-romance isnt overused.....yet.

message 43: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments It's getting there quickly though.

message 44: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Yeahh....BE UNIQUE, AUTHORS!!!

message 45: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "Divergent
Chime
Forever
So Silver Bright
And I've got my eye on that next Heroes of..."

It's really good though... There isn't a lot of romance until the last 200 pages and it'a kinda like Hunger Games, it has a bigger focus than the romance. I'm not saying it's like The Hunger Games, I'm just saying that the romance in the backround aspect is.

message 46: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments I get ARC's all the time. Because of my Mom's job.

message 47: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments What does she do?

message 48: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments She works for a bookfair comapny. I am verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry lucky. I already have Illuisions and a whole bunch of other books. I hope I get an ARC of The Death Cure and Passion.

message 49: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments Adavnced Reader's Copy. Basically before it's been published. It has a label on it that says NOT FOR SALE: ARC or something aroun those lines.

message 50: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments That's sweet.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.