The Vampire Diaries discussion

What are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 1453 comments Mod
here is just a thread I wanted to add to see what books people are reading currently.

message 2: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Dec 13, 2010 11:29AM) (new)

I'll start off...I'm reading Fallen by Lauren Kate Fallen Not to bad of a book, I like the writing and the story is pretty good that makes you want to keep reading to find out what is going to happen or what has happened in the past (You don't know exactly what it is but it is something bad).

this is a series book...this is book 1 of the series.

message 3: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Oh! I like that book!! =""> Daniel and Luce. ^^ I've read it and Torment, the next book, and now currently waiting for the third book of that. ^^ LOL.

Hmm. I'm not yet reading anything right now cause I just finished Reaper by Rachel Vincent and Ghostgirl: Homecoming by Tonya Hurley. Anyway, I'll read Ghostgirl: Lovesick, third book of Ghostgirl. :) then I'll finish the Sorceress by Michael Scott. ^^

message 4: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

It is pretty good so far...and i only started it for a while ago.does it take long for the thrid book to come out?

message 5: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Hmm. I don't know... There's no date of release yet.

message 6: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments i'm reading another pan, by daniel and dina nayeri.

second book of the series, another faust. i enjoyed the first one. and now the second one is great. :)

message 7: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

sounds interesting I just looked it up. a modern peter pan type story? with similarities

message 8: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments another faust? hmm. I think I it's listed on my to-read books.. Well, going to read that after I finish reading Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis. ^^

message 9: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I'm now on Torment!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently reading: The Hunter (The Forbidden Game, #1) by L.J. Smith , Beastly by Alex Flinn , Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead & The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith .

message 11: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Jan 01, 2011 08:01PM) (new)

wow four books at once? That is awesome though! :)

message 12: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 10 comments Just started reading Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 13: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments For this week Nightworld 3. :)

message 14: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Is nightworld about vampires only or every supernatural being>

message 15: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Every supernatural being. :)

message 16: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

like vampire diaries...sort of...lol

message 17: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments haha. lol. it's more on human and supernatural being being together. Tho those supernatural being is not allowed to fall in love with humans so that's the twist. :D haha.

message 18: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Jan 09, 2011 05:39PM) (new)

I see...hmmm the all forbidden love type story...I got ya. lol

I finished Torment last night! and i didn't think that would happen at the end.

message 19: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Me too! I never thought she'll do that after all the things happened. @_@ I'm kind of pissed off at her cause of all the things happened between her and Daniel.. she chose to go away.. :( felt bad for Daniel..

message 20: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

you know passion is supposed to be really romantic and it is a glimps of all of her past lives...so each chapter is a different setting. there will be luce & Daniel moments through out the book. so we will see if that changes her mind. lol...

message 21: by Alexandria (new)

message 22: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

ooo that is what I can read next! thanks christabella. :D

how are the vampire academy books anyhow?

message 23: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments hmm. I guess so. I want her to change her mind cause Daniel is worth everything! and Cam is another thing even if he's kind of a bad guy but inside I think he's a good guy. ^^

message 24: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

yeah..i know it is too bad that he has to be on a bad side lol.

message 25: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Graziella wrote: "ooo that is what I can read next! thanks christabella. :D

how are the vampire academy books anyhow?"

There are good but with school it's hard to read:(

message 26: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Jan 14, 2011 01:57PM) (new)

I know the feeling :( ...
I hope to start them soon. if i can find them on my kobo store...i should be able to.

message 27: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Graziella wrote: "yeah..i know it is too bad that he has to be on a bad side lol."

Yeah.. :))

message 28: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Jan 15, 2011 08:22PM) (new)

darn...I would like both of them actually...LOL

Daniel the one struggling with which side he should choose and Cam doesn't care about anything and does all the bad stuff.

message 29: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Yeah. I also like them both too. but it's just that Daniel and Luce went through a lot of trouble and their memories of the past. I remember Luce saying Cam is charming but her eyes still on Daniel. haha.

message 30: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

yes...they went though alot of luce's passed lives. I"m rooting for them as well. although I do feel bad for her...the whole thing with miles...and everything.

message 31: by Cindy (last edited Jan 18, 2011 11:15AM) (new)

Cindy (cindyn) | 5 comments I am currently reading Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane

message 32: by Alethea (last edited Jan 20, 2011 11:48AM) (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments I am currently reading Another Pan (Another, #2) by Daniel Nayeri , The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith , and Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice . I'm going super slow on The Awakening and The Struggle, which really isn't working out so great on me. I'm still reading Another Pan, because I lost it, but I found it again. Yay! And I started reading Interview with the Vampire, when I lost Another Pan, and didn't want to read too much of The Vampire Diaries. :)

And I understand Charlotte wrote: "I'm currently reading: The Hunter (The Forbidden Game, #1) by L.J. Smith, Beastly by Alex Flinn, Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead & The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith."
because I too like to read more than one book at once, at times. Not all the time, but just the times that I'm reading a series book and I haven't purchased the rest so I don't want to finish it and then wait for the next, cause I might forget some details, which I don't want to happen. :)

message 33: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

there are a few people who read like three or four at the same time. how can you do it? lol.

message 34: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments I'm not sure. I just read them and it seems fun. I read seven books at once in my 8th grade year. I was in a contest to see who would read the most books in the class. BTW. I won. Haha. But it's quite easy. Or maybe it just depends on the person. One of my close friends, also asks me how i can do it, cause she can't read more than one book at a time.

message 35: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

sweet! contrats. I like to concentrate on one...but then i lose interest in the other books...well not lose intrest more like stop and read the other book entirely.

message 36: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments haha. yeah.

message 37: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Just started reading Origins (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith last night. There's no Damon yet :(

message 38: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Feb 06, 2011 06:15AM) (new)

Tatiana wrote: "Just started reading Origins (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith last night. There's no Damon yet :("

:(

I just started reading Emma

message 39: by Wessam (new)

Wessam | 7 comments Just started reading Vampire Diaries - The Return - Nightfall :)

message 40: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

awesome! I give you thumps up for that :)

message 41: by Sanae (new)

Sanae EA (sanaeea) | 8 comments just finished reading Bloodlust (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #2) by L.J. Smith
can't wait to start reading ^^ The Craving (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #3) by L.J. Smith

message 42: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I stil have to start on those books maybe after I finish Emma and Midnight lol ;)

message 43: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments I just started reading this since yesterday. XD and I'm still not yet finished reading Necromancer:

message 44: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

lol, Andrhea. hey you can never start on too many books at once right...lol. you can easily catch up on later :) so it is all good.

message 45: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Graziella wrote: "lol, Andrhea. hey you can never start on too many books at once right...lol. you can easily catch up on later :) so it is all good."

Hehe. There's some boring part for me in Necromancer that's why I'm not reading it yet. XD Haha. And I'm not yet done with Afterlife because of school and finals. :|

You're right. haha. I only limit myself 2 at a time. XD

message 46: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Mar 16, 2011 07:18PM) (new)

:) see....hehe...

I'm going to start Midnight soon maybe tonight and proably put on hold Emma for the time being. :) I could possibly alternate between the two...

(edit: how come no images for the titles???)

message 47: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Wait. Midnight is released? Cool...

Yeah you can alternate those two. :D

message 48: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

yup :)

I might if things don't go very smoothly in Midnight. lol

message 49: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 3 comments At the moment i am reading Burned its like the 6th one in the series, the way they talk and stuff is really irritating though like 'Wind, I call you.' and that stuff

message 50: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Nice. I'm gonna read it after Afterlife. :) haha. :)) Well, I hope things will go smoothly cause that's the last book LJ wrote in that series. :(

« previous 1 3