Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Achive of OLD posts > TWENTY TEN the Lead up to 2011 challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
**this one is not for slow readers.**
ok so its December.(argh where has time gone??)
and i don't know about anyone else, but my TBR pile is getting ridiculous. I want to have a good new year by culling some books on my TBR list to do this i have a challange.

my challenge is to cut down on 9 books on my TBR list.
I know i can do it (too easy!), but here is the challenge. the books have to have one letter of the word TWENTY TEN in it's title. to make it easier i'll list mine first so you have an idea.

message 2: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Dec 26, 2010 10:08PM) (new)

message 3: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Dec 10, 2010 04:05AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) okay so i dnt think i will b able 2 do it but am gonna give it a go :)

T Ghost Town READ DEC 4
W Shadow Kiss READ DEC 9
E Blood Promise
N Spirit Bound
T Origins: Stefan's Diaries Volume 1
Y Chasing Daisy

T The Dark Divine or Last Sacrifice
E Fallen
N Torment

message 4: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i plan to do my reading either at home or in transit or at work.
i'm planning on buying e books,and i might see what the library has to offer in the way of audiobooks as well as good old paperback.
i think if i have different mediums i might get read quicker!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) well 4 uni i only have 1 essay to write b4 xmas and its half done so i'm gonna try n get the rest done either today or tomorrow and atm i cnt get in2 uni because of major snow here all the trains have been cancelled so then i'll have more time to read the books :)
i cnt read e-books i dnt no why but when i'm reading on a screen it tends to hurt my eyes after a while so all mine will b paperbacks but i looked at my bookshelf and picked 9 that i already have but haven't read yet. try and get some of them read.

message 6: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Dec 03, 2010 05:06AM) (new)

thats what i'm doing too.
when i'm reading e books, i have to turn the brightness down, and i can't read when i have a headache. but as i have this challenge, the group read, and i'm doing another challenge in another group too.with all that, i find i have to use the different mediums so i don't get confused :o)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) LOL
c i cnt read more than 1 book at a time as i like 2 concentrate on 1 novel at a time. i've already read shiver and i just started ghost town so i'm on my way :)

message 8: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i'm reading shiver, and i'm just about to add another 2. i'm also in the process of searching for audiobooks on librivox.org hopefully they can help me! :o) lol i have a feeling i'm going to be quite confused! on top of all this i'm job hunting too!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) lol.
that sounds very busy. i'm happy now coz i only have 2 write about 500 words 2 finish my essay now and once that is done none of my other assignments have 2 b in until the end of january so i can just do a little bit a day on them over xmas or something like that so i can concentrate on catching up on my reading :)
i just had 2 cancel my order for my pretty little liars books coz nothing is getting shipped out coz of the snow so i reli wanna get them but am gonna try n get these 9 outta the way first lol

message 10: by Angela (last edited Dec 27, 2010 12:50AM) (new)

Angela (angieerickson) Reading Challenge: TWENTY TEN, the Lead up to 2011
Duration: December 1-31, 2010

T The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Stieg Larsson DONE DEC 14/10
W Web of Lies, Jennifer Estep DONE DEC 2/10
E Venom, Jennifer Estep DONE DEC 5/10
N Blood Bound, Patricia Briggs DONE DEC 8/10
T Stroke of Enticement, Nalini Singh DONE DEC 21/10
Y Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor, Lisa Kleypas DONE DEC 27/10

T Guilty Pleasures, Laurell K. Hamilton DONE DEC 20/10
E Silver Borne, Patricia Briggs DONE DEC 10/10
N Dreamfever, Karen Marie Moning DONE DEC 7/10

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Into the Dreaming (Highlander, #8) by Karen Marie Moning Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) woo, congrats angie, i'm nearly halfway thru my first 1 :)
dnt no if i'll finish all of them but i'm gonna give it a go

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) Kayleigh-Marie, thanks. I've finished my Christmas shopping, so I have the time to dig into my books. Good luck with your reading. :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea i finished my xmas shopping in october. i done it really early b4 i spent all my student finance on books lol.
i've just finished doin all my uni work that has 2 b handed in b4 xmas and atm i cnt get in2 uni coz of snow so now i can dig in2 my books.
:)
gud look with the rest of them hun

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) book 1 finished :)
only 8 more 2 go
ghost town is soooooo good. i <3 morganville vampires series

message 15: by Adele, Moderator (new)

wow angie, your on fire. 3 down already!!
i'm getting there. i've been concentratring on my buddy read the group read and a reading challenge from another group. AHHHHH i'll go insane by months end.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) Thanks Adele, I'm on book #4 now. I picked AWESOME books, so far.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i'm nearly finished book 2. :)
i may b changing 1 of mine dependent on if i get last sacrifice coz i pre-ordered it ages ago coz i love VA :)

message 18: by Amber I. (last edited Dec 09, 2010 12:44PM) (new)

message 19: by Autum (last edited Dec 19, 2010 09:35AM) (new)

Autum Reimer (autumvreimer) | 5 comments Ok I think Im going to give this a try. Im not sure Ill be able to but itll be fun trying :)

T - Last Sacrifice Done
W - Clockwork Angel Done
E - Crescendo Done
N - Entice
T - 13 To Life
Y - Blue Bloods: Keys To The Repository
T - The Replacement
E - The Second Short Life Of Bree Tanner
N - Night Star Done

Done with 4 so far.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i dnt get it how do u put lines thru the ones u have read???

message 21: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i put up a tutorial. in the help area

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) thank u :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) YEY i did it. thanx adele :)

message 24: by Adele, Moderator (new)

You are welcome! :o)
i'm SO behind...
i have been busy at work... yes you heard right... i have had work to do.
i havn't been able to do any reading at all. my work are sending out heaps of christmas cards that i have to organise(300 of them). i also have end of year stuff to do. i only have two weeks left on my contract, i shouldn't have to do this but i am.
24th december is my last day of employment.
if i don't find a job between now and then i am seriously stuffed!!!

so as you can tell i have a lot on my plate. i'll try to catch up this weekend.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) aww poor u adele, i feel for u
well this weekend i have to go over my essay and make sure it's all good and ready to be submitted and i can get in2 uni for my last week next week so i wnt be doin much reading but i'm only in for 4 days and after that i have 4 weeks off to do nothing but read and go on here. i probably should do stuff for my assignment that has to be handed in in january but its ok i got plenty of time for that lol

message 26: by girlpower12121 (last edited Dec 10, 2010 04:03AM) (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) T The Age Of Reason
W Shadows
E Kisses From Hell
N Because She Can
T Saturday Morning Mozart and Burnt Toast
Y The Amityville horror

T The Other Madonna
E Prom Nights From Hell
N Holding The Man

Since im on holidays i should finish this easy now :) 4/9

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Is kissed from hell good?
i have it but haven't read it yet. i loved prom nights from hell :)

message 28: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Yeah i also loved vacations from hell and yeah its good

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i want the others but i've only read prom nights from hell

message 30: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) love is hell is awesome

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i haven't got it yet but am planning 2 soon. i've been told i was only allowed to order 1 more book b4 xmas coz my family r gettin me some that i want i chose to have last sacrifice b4 xmas coz i just couldn't wait 4 that one. still waiting 4 it 2 b delivered tho its all delayed coz of the stupid snow :(

message 32: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Damn

Well i totally recomend the Amityville Horror. I loved it :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i have so many books that ppl have recommended 2 me but i'm reli tryin 2 get thru the ridiculous amount i already have first lol

message 34: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Lolz well only read amityville horror if you like horror or dont mind getting spoked lolz

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) LOL
i'm more of a romance girl lol
especially paranormal romance :)

message 36: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Yeah i am too but i decided to try somthing different i loved it. gave me chills a few times and when i finished it it was 3 am in the morning lolz adn then i feel asleep cause i was so tired lolz

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) lol
i dnt think i could sleep after reading a horror book, i get spooked really easy lol

message 38: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Lolz so do i but i slept anyway lolz. I laughed the next morning lolz cause i had fallen sleep with the book in my hands and i must have opened the book while i was asleep cause i had opened it to a part (im not gonna say what happend cause that would spoil one part) and it was like a really scary part. lolz but i didint have nightmares lolz

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Lol this sounds like a great challenge. I doubt i will be able to do it this month but would like to try another time! :)

message 40: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Dec 10, 2010 04:53AM) (new)

that's ok donna. i'm thinking up january challenges at the moment. so stay tuned! :o)

message 41: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Awesome! Thats a good idea adele since i know im getting the lord of hte rings books from my uncle and 200 bucks from mum which i spending on sims3 games and books lolz i love when i find good books for 1-5 bucks! which there is a shop that does just that and there is nothing over 5!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) adele, thats such a good idea, i would love to try a challenge each month :)

message 43: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) yeah i like that idea. Lets do a chalenge every month! and like their can be themes to it all!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) great idea, i probably wnt b able 2 complete them all coz of uni n stuff but i'll still give each 1 a go :)

message 45: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) lolz

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Thats great. Keep me posted. I'm sure i will be able to do once i get my Kindle. :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) :(
i dnt like kindles i dnt no y but i cnt read on a screen for 2 long otherwise my vision gets blurred and i get a migrane so i like 2 stick to my books. i am really OCD with them 2 lmao

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Lol I hope thats not the same for me. I love reading series but the issue I have is, I don't like to store to many books at home (my bookshelf would be full) but with the Kindle, its more about storage. Least that way i can store a whole series. :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea thats the good thing about them i just have always preferred my books lol

message 50: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) I prefer my books, but I have a ton of ebooks on my laptop that I would prefer to read on a small ereader than on a large laptop.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.