Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > PR first person POV recommendations please!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ceitidh (new)

Ceitidh (n_ceitidh) Hello people!

I really need some recommendations in Paranormal Romance but from first person POV! Kinda Night Huntress ;)

I have read some other PR but I have noticed that almost ALL of them are written in third person @__@ and... I really prefer first!

That's why I feel lazy to continue Demonica series, HIghlander and BDB. However I might continue the reading some Highlander books since I looooove the mythology on it XD

well people, thank you if you can help me with some great steamy PR XD Every recommendation is more than welcomed! <3 <3 <3

^___^

message 2: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I think the Night Huntress is 1st person. Check out Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments Outlander! Greatest love story ever told - steamy, Not sure if it is considered Paranormal exactly - time travel to 1700's Scotland. Some witchcraft sprinkled in and a few apparitions through the seven incredible books.

message 4: by Ceitidh (new)

Ceitidh (n_ceitidh) Terry: Outlander sounds yummy!! thank you!

Andrea: I already read Night Huntress hell yeah!! <3 thank ;)

message 5: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 1020 comments Mod
First person is really an Urban Fantasy format, not PNR. PNR is usually in third person.

Frost's NightHuntress series is considered Urban Fantasy.

message 6: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments yea. i notice that too. another reason why i perfer urban fantasy.

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments Not truly paranormal romance I guess, but still fun, sexy and in first person are the Karen Chance books. The Dorina series has more romance/sex then the Cassie Palmer series. I love them both!

p.s. Team Pritkin!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments Also Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells is 1st person POV.

message 9: by Ceitidh (new)

Ceitidh (n_ceitidh) thank u people ^^

message 10: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments I know this is months old but I'm reminded that Lori Handeland's Nightcreature series is in first person, as is Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress (at least, the first book is, haven't read more yet). Darn it, there was a third series that I realized was in first person, which I figured was enough reason to bump an old thread, but I can't remember it now...

message 11: by Judy V (new)

Judy V (faefreak) | 88 comments All I can say is Karen Marie Moning, The Fever Series!!

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments that's actually UF, but believe me when I say she's read it. Obsessive Barrons Fans here XD

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) What about Kate Daniels (have you read that?).

message 14: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Oh or Mercy Thompson?

message 15: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments she's read Kate DAniels for sure, but I don't think she's read MT.

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Just thought of Women of the Otherworld by Kelly ArmstrOng. That is first person. And what about Shifters by Rachel Vincent? I haven't read Shifters and I have only read the first two of armstrong's series.

message 17: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments FaeFreak, yes, the Fever series! That was the one I was trying to remember. Can't recommend it enough!

message 18: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 109 comments I don't know I tried reading it but never could get into it.