Paranormal Romance/Erotica discussion

Themes > Immortals

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 109 comments Mod
Books about Immortals!

message 2: by M (new)

M (dolly_loves_disco) | 22 comments have you read the Kresley Cole Immortals After Dark series? It looks good! And very naughty!! x x

message 3: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 109 comments Mod
Yes thats a super series!!

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 21 comments has anyone read the entire Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter??

have read the prelude and the first book, and just wanna know if it gets better??

message 5: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 109 comments Mod
I have read books 1-3 and I found they were pretty enjoyable! I liked how the stories were tied together but unique to each character, I will eventualy continue on through the rest.

Reason I stopped was do to interest in Book 4-Sabin's story. I am notorious for stopping a series if a character does not interest me. But I think I could read it, or I'll skip that one and carry on as there are other characters I do want to read about!

That's my opinion so far! I hope you enjoy the series if you are still reading them.

message 6: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 21 comments Cool, thanks. Yeh I am going to persevere... i love the Mythological background to it all... that's a big love of mine - Greek Mythology...

but just found that some parts were a bit slow and she repeated herself a bit, going into detail about the same thing and not delving into some other parts that were just skimmed over...

Oh well, think I was a bit overly critical but had just finished the BDB series so my standards were pretty high lol

message 7: by Fee (new)

Fee (angelfee) Immortals After Dark is really good

theres also these that i really enjoyed

Breeds Series by Lora Leigh
Night World by LJ Smith
Georgina Kincaid by Richelle Mead

message 8: by Pearl Reads (new)

Pearl Reads (pearl24) Sophie wrote: "has anyone read the entire Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter??

have read the prelude and the first book, and just wanna know if it gets better??"

I actually just finished that series not to long ago. It is one of those seires that gets better and better with each book. They get more in depth and mored drama and action packed while still maintaining the romance. I love it and looking forward to the next to come out.

message 9: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 21 comments Oh thats good to know Pearl. I was wondering about it. Felt that there is so much potential in the series that just wasn't actualised in the starting... but am going to keep going... persistence is often the key :D

message 10: by Pearl Reads (last edited Nov 11, 2010 07:13AM) (new)

Pearl Reads (pearl24) I must say the last one that I read The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter is by far the best one I have read in the series. It had me so emtional with the roller coaster of a mess they have to sort thru to get the truth. (thats all ill say so i dont spoil it) but wow I could not put the book down. I felt like i was not turing the pages fast enough. LOL.

message 11: by Emmi (new)

Emmi (emmik) Sophie wrote: "has anyone read the entire Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter??

have read the prelude and the first book, and just wanna know if it gets better??"

OH GIRL keep going. I didnt like the idea of Sabin either but it was good (the heroine is awesome), but Aeron's story to easily my favorite of the series. I was tweaking out at all the plot twists... it was by far the best. And then Gideon's book, once you get used to the "lie-talk" was freaking heart wrenching.. awesome. Sigh, can't wait for the next book...

message 12: by Emmi (new)

Emmi (emmik) hmmm... some series that haven't been named:

Sherrilyn Kenyon's - Dark Hunter
Jeanine Frost's -- Night Huntress
Shannon Mckenna's - McCloud series (not PRN, more suspense mainstream erotic)
Gena Showalter's -- Atlantis series

There are sooo many, how's a girl to choose!

message 13: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 21 comments Emmi wrote: "Sophie wrote: "has anyone read the entire Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter??

OH G..."

have just ordered the next few in the series, so gonna keep going. does sounds like they get better :) was intrigued by Gideon when he showed up in the story. so looking forward to getting to his story :)

message 14: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 109 comments Mod
OOoo I really enjoyed The Goblin King (Shadowlands, #1) by Shona Husk !!
Has a touch of the "Labyrinth" (movie) feel to it!!