Start by marking “The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)

The Darkest Lie

(Lords of the Underworld #6)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  30,472 Ratings  ·  1,103 Reviews
Forced to his knees in agony whenever he speaks the truth, Gideon can recognize any lie - until he captures Scarlet, a demon-possessed immortal who claims to be his long-lost wife. He doesn't remember the beautiful female, much less wedding - or bedding - her.
Published July 2nd 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Lie, please sign up.
Susan Harris I bought a set of 4 from the series and did not realise how big the series was, but once I read the ones I had, I then looked at what order they come…moreI bought a set of 4 from the series and did not realise how big the series was, but once I read the ones I had, I then looked at what order they come in and I suppose it will make a difference as you may read something further along and think "OMG when did that happen" so try not to skip too many they are all worth the wait, believe me.
Hope this helps x(less)

Sophia Triad
Gideon: Demon of Lies
Butterfly: on his right thigh
His curse: Well, lying actually. He cannot say a single truth without suffering.

Scarlet: Demon of Nightmares
Supernatural ability: Scarlet is half goddess as the daughter of goddess Rhea and a Myrmidon warrior. She is also the keeper of Nightmares and for that reason she has a butterfly tattoo on her upper thighs. Apparently the Lords are not the only keepers of the demons that escaped Pandora’s Box. Thus, she is using the nightmares to defeat he
Μaria Vrisanaki
3,5

Χμμμμ
Χμμμμμμμμ
Αυτό το βιβλίο με μπέρδεψε.
Στην αρχή είχα ενθουσιαστεί με την ιστορία του Γκίντεον και της Πορφύρα. Δεν το περίμενα καθόλου, δεν μου είχε κάνει αίσθηση ο Γκίντεον αλλά μου άρεσε πάρα πολύ η "κακιά" Πορφύρα, σε σημείο να θέλω να βάλω 5 αστέρια!!! Επίσης μου άρεσαν πολύ οι παράλληλες ιστορίες και η δράση.
Από τη μέση κι έπειτα, όμως, ένιωθα πως οοολα τραβούσαν. Κάπου κουράστηκα.
Πιστεύω πως αν τα γεγονότα ήταν πιο μαζεμένα, θα το απολάμβανα πολύ περισσότερο!

Γενικά νομίζω πως η ιστο
Exina
"Cold metal and hot skin, a delicious combination."

The Darkest Lie is the sixth book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Gideon, Keeper of Lies, and Scarlet, Keeper of Nightmares.

Scarlet had spent hundreds of years in Tartarus, waiting for her husband to come back for her. He never did. When she finally got free, she came to Budapest to get revenge on her faithless husband.

At the end of the previous book, The Darkest Passion, the Lords captured Scarlet, and placed her in the
Michelle
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
3 Very Confusing Stars!
This was the sixth book in the Lords of the Underworld series. Gideon and Scarlets story. It was my least favorite one and I had a hard time getting into it.

Gideon is keeper of the Lies demon. So that means he can't speak the truth without feeling pain that will eventually make him weak. Through out the whole book you can imagine what you had to read. Gideon saying the opposite of what he really means and the person he's talking to repeating it the correct way. It was very
DarienMoya
^^LIE TO ME BABY!^^

4.5

Man how I enjoyed this book, it was action packed and down right awesome sauce. I am in love with that blue haired devil called Gideon. The Mr sexy, keeper of lies, which means he has to speak lies instead of truth. So everything he says means the complete opposite. He just met the keeper of nightmares and she is saying that they were married and shared a son, but Gideon can’t remember a thing but he knows this woman, he yearns for this woman.

So the lords are still fightin
Belinda McBride
Jul 16, 2010 rated it liked it
One of my biggest complaints in a lot of books I've read lately is the 'fiesty heroine' who is really closer to 'insufferable bitch' heroine. Gena Showalter tends to veer in that direction in this book, and then jerks the rug out from under the reader with a truly shocking twist. Unfortunately, Scarlett continues to be an insufferable bitch and never recovers my sympathy.

Another complaint... in many PNR that I'm reading lately is the tendency to veer off into side stories. The latest Nalini Sin
Kübra  Yağmur Aslanhan
AYRILIK ÖLÜM DEMEK

Kitap Yalan'ın İblisi Gideon'un değil.
Kesinlikle serinin en güzel kitabı da değil.
Gideon'a bayılmadım üstelik..
Ağzından çıkan her doğru beni ona aşık etmiyor.
Kitaptaki diyaloglar kahrolası şekilde sinir olmama neden olmadı.
Scarlet harika bir hatun değildi.
Steel'e hiç üzülmedim. Gerçek ortaya çıktığında kahrolmadım.
Serinin devamını merak etmiyorum.
HEM DE HİÇ MERAK ETMİYORUM!
Gideon Konuşması hiç zor değilmiş. Bu yüzden tatlı yazarı tebrik etmiyorum.
Devamındaki karakterler için
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
Και αργότερα δεν θα κάνω ένα διάλειμμα από την σειρά. Δεν είχε επαναλήψεις και δεν κουράστηκα καθόλου από το διάβασμα. Η ιστορία της Αλήθειας δεν ήταν κουραστική ποτέ και αστεία άλλες φορές.

Και όσο αργεί το βιβλίο πιστεύω ότι η Τζίνα δεν έβλεπε πολύ "Ηρακλή" ή και "Τζίνα" ή ακόμα και τον "Ηρακλή" της Disney. Οι γνώσεις της δεν φτάνουν μέχρι εκεί.

Δεν το μίσησα αρκετά.

Δεν θα του βάλω 2,5 αστέρια.
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
* THIS REVIEW WILL BE DONE COMPLETELY IN GIDEON TOUNGE*

Im going to finish by saying that Gena Showalter did a terrible job not writing this book. I did think that I'd be able to understand Gideon tongue, but found after a couple of chapters that I couldn't understand Gideon at all. I became confused all the time and thought it was done poorly!

Gideon - He was awful. With his not blue hair and piercing, he was so mean to Scarlet and didn't treat her like the devil he was.

Scarlet was an absolute wh
Gary
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best book in the series so far funny, entertaining and engrossing 5 out of 5 stars
Deborah Obida
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think Gideon and Scarlet are the most perfect couple, they are both Keepers. Gideon lies and Scarlet nightnares.

It was insta love but this one works both side, none of them was denying their attraction to eachother, they went through hell to finally be together. Scarlet is a Titan which equals badass, you don't spend centuries in Tatarus and not be. I love that Gideon didn't bother to deny his attraction to her, he wanted her and didn't hesitate to go after her.

William is in love I think, the
Catherine
I really liked the storyline and relationship with Scarlet and Gideon, but there was way too much going on in this book. I alternated between bored, irritated, and exasperated as I read the storyline Amun, Aeron, and William starred in. I'm interested in seeing more of Amun and William (especially him), but I felt that way too much time was spent on them when this was Gideon's book.

I also wasn't that thrilled with the whole purpose of that storyline either. Ugh! The fact that Aeron would put hi
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
The Darkest Lie has to be one of my favourites of the Lords of the Underworld series! Both highly entertaining and heartbreaking, I loved every moment of it!

To be honest, I wasn’t particularly excited to read Gideon’s book. I loved the moment between him and Olivia in The Darkest Passion with the panties thing and all. However, I also found his demons, Lies to be annoying sometimes. Gideon has one of the worst demons of all. He can’t have a meaningful conversation without insulting someone. It’s
Canan
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Serinin her kitabı öncekinden daha heyecan verici. Yazar üzerine koyarak ilerliyor ve ben bayıldım. ♥
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
All the single kız kuruları... size bir haberim var…
Gideon… Yalan’nın lordu…
…İçinizdeki kuruluğu yaşa çevirecek… [image error]
Gideon açık ara lordlar arasında önde. Lütfen açıklamama izin verin.

***fangirling and spoiler alert***

● herifin her parçası mavi... gözleri ve saçları... ki saçları aslında siyah...
● herifin mavi takıntısı var ve o takıntının gerçekleri omg...
● herifin picercingleri... [image error] gerçi apasının olmaması beni bir miktar kahretti...
● herifin dövmeleri... abv...
● heri
Maria Vrisanaki
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5
Liz F
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Well, I think this is the last of the Lords of the Underworld for me for a while. This book just did not do it for me. At all.

In this installment, the main story (if you can call it that) is about Gideon, Keeper of Lies. Gideon's character is actually pretty funny because he is unable to speak the truth. If he DOES speak the truth, it causes him horrible pain and weakens him for days. So a simple conversation takes quite a bit of translating. When he wants to say, "Don't leave. If you stay, we c
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is the 6th book in Gena Showalter’s Lords of the Underworld and tells the story of Gideon, the Keeper of Lies – he cannot tell a lie and if he does…ooh nothing can describe the terrible pain he’s attacked with - and Scarlett, Keeper of Nightmares – she’s the one with a demon who invades your dreams and gives you deadly nightmares about what you fear most!!!

After being captured in the last book by the other Lords, she’s now their prisoner. She claims to be the wife of Gideon but he can’t re
Leah
Kristin
Jan 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
Before I get started on discussing anything about this book I just wanna make it known that our "heroine" Scarlet was a great big slice of fat from the annoyance meat. I typically don't really go all "oh, boy! She's the bomb" with Gena's leading ladies, I'm really interested in learning more about the pretty mens but Scarlet was just too much for me and the number one reason why I knocked a star off this book.

Another reason is because while I do not pay much attention to how a book is written,
Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger
Gideon oh you sexy beast. He is all sorts of tie me down and spank me hot! I really enjoyed this installment of LOTU. It was full of humor yet also stayed true to the sexy demon lord romance. Scarlet was a bit annoying at times. I just hate when they keep going back and forth mentally about to stay or not to stay. Just shut it! He is effing hot, you want him and honey you know you ain't going any where so deal with it already. I had moments of "damn" and I like that. I like twist an unexpected e ...more
Ren
Favorite Quote :"My Demon is a Girl??"

Just give this book 5 stars. I don't know why this book not "touch" me like The Darkest Passion. But its still have a great story

So, Gideon is Keeper of Lies. One day, there is a woman, her name is Scarlet, told him that she is his wife. But Gideon never remember when they are married and why they are now life separated. He can't detect any lie in Scarlet too.

Scarlet is the Keeper of Nightmare, she can unleashed the nightmare in everyone dream. She feel bet
Jen Davis
OK. I have to admit I have some mixed feelings about this book. Our hero is Gideon and as one of the Lords of the Underworld, he holds the soul of a demon inside him. His demon is Lies, which makes him incapable of telling the truth without experiencing debilitating pain. This. Is. Utterly. Annoying. Every single bit of his dialogue is in this absurd reverse-speak, followed by a translation so we can grasp his meaning. It bugged me to such a degree that it almost ruined the book for me. And that ...more
Anja
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c, w-az
2.49 stars.

There are 3 storylines in this book. Stryder's is boring and felt like page filler. Amun's managed to turn him from enigmatic and complex into tedious and simple.

The romance between Gideon and Scarlet was wonderful until 56% of the way through the book. Then a plot twist was dropped that ruined everything. It took away the emotional investment and all the chemistry. In the first half of the book Scarlet was strong, confident, courageous, clever, and sassy. In the second half she becam
Burcu Büyükyıldız
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bir seriyi daha hunharca tüketmenin, can acıtan pişmanlığı içindeyim.
Bitti arkadaşlar. Dayanamadım ve son kitabı da okudum. Aferin bana. -_-
Ah ama Gideon... <3 Sen nasıl bir adamsın? Gerçekten içlerinde en en en tatlılarından biriydi yaa. Yalan söylediği anlarda ben bir ölümlü olarak ambale oldum burada. Zavallı ölümsüzler ne yapsın :D
Seriyle ilgili epey bilgi vermiştim önceki kitapların yorumlarında.
Bu kitap Yalan'ın muhafızı Gideon'un hikâyesi... Kendisi içinde Yalan iblisini barındırıyor v
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
I really enjoy this series it is the closest thing I have found to the BDB series by J.R Ward. While still being totally original. But here is the thing with this particular book...

I didn't dislike it. The story line and characters were good and the premise was certainly unique. But when the main character can only talk in lies (if he tells the truth he faces unbearable pain) then you have to mentally convert everything he says into its opposite. And maybe I am just stupid but once I started doi
Kat Desi
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is written in Gideon Speak.

I'm not going to tell you want I think about this book. I didn't like it, obviously. I hated Gideon. He made me cry with how he spoke. He is also not dreamy. He is hideous. He is not my favorite Lord out of all of the Lords of the Underworld.

I also hated Scarlet, who is not totally not bad ass. She is not an interesting character. She grew up spoiled and pampered and I really don't care about her as a character.

Together, they make an unremarkable couple.

Th
valee
Nov 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Why I thought I would not like Gideon I have no idea. I loved this book. Couldn't put it down. I was missing the thrill of reading a book who would get me all hooked like this one did.

Gideon was great. I loved him. And nightmares, the heroine was amazing as well. I love A-kicking heroines. I just don't know what to say I'm still trying to recover from all those OMG and WTF moments,lol. So many amazing things happen in this book. I just think this couple was great.I definitely liked them most tha
Gamze
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bu kadar işkence dolu bir kitap olduğunu bilseydim seriye asla başlamazdım.
Resmen cehennem içinde kavurdu beni.
Gideon’u zaten oldum olası hiç sevmedim!
Scarlet içinse hiç mi hiç kahrolmadım..
Koca kitap boyunca Paris’i gözüm hiç mi hiç aramadı.
Aeron’u cehennem yolunda takipçileriyle çok sevdim!
Gözlerim hiç mi hiç Maddox’u aramadı.
Serideki şimdiye kadar çıkan son kitabı elime aldığım için hiç mi hiç üzülmüyorum..
Bu kitapta genel olarak ikilinin ilişkisine odaklamasına ise çok sevindim.
Yani ah Paris
Natalia815
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gena-showalter
De todos los libros que llevo, este es el que tiene los dialogos más locos. Pobre Gideon, cada vez que habla siempre tiene que decir mentiras y eso como lectora es divertídisimo, tienes que pensar que es lo que realmente quiere decir.

¿Y que decir de Scarlet? Pues que creo que es una de mis favoritas, me gusta como va pateando culos cuando es necesario.

La historia se queda muy interesante, no creo que tarde mucho en seguir con la saga.
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Lie (LOTU #6) 9 74 Sep 28, 2013 06:36PM
I always love a good bromance 6 72 Jan 15, 2013 06:13AM
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Pleasure (Shadowdwellers, #3)
  • Seduced by the Storm (ACRO, #3)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)
“Well I've been calling myself Scarlet Pattinson for several weeks. Have you seen Robert Pattinson? Hottest. Man. Ever. And no, I don't care if that makes me a couger. He sings with the voice of an angel. Gods, I love when a man sings to me. You never did because your voice is terrrible." She shuddered in distaste. "I swear, its like a demon running its claws over brimsone.” 85 likes
“He planned to stick to her like pasties on a stripper.” 41 likes