Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

News & Information > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 612 (612 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Welcome Kristy! Thanks for starting an introduction thread. This group is very small but has become rather active lately. There are some great women here who also love Amish fiction!

Take a look around and feel free to join in on all the conversations. We have just started a monthly book read. This month we are reading Hide In Plain Sight by Marta Perry. Please join us! If you do not have the book, it is available for FREE for kindle. If you do not have a kindle, I recommended downloading the App for PC to read it. We are also taking recommendations for November's book read. Please post a book title there and we will pick it on 10/15 using random.org.

message 2: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Welcome Kristy!

If you didn't see, we have a post with many of our own blog links if you'd like to follow us:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

I hope you'll be active with us in this group as we've been having a blast lately discovering new books!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Welcome, Kirsty! We're always looking for new members. Feel free to jump into any of our present discussion threads or start a new one. I've discovered some great books from this group and I'm sure you can add to that :)

Thanks for the link to your blog, it's always good to have more reviews to read. I'll be following you from now on!

message 4: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Welcome Kristy!

message 5: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Jones (kristynicole3712) Thanks, ladies :) I will be following your blogs now too. I'm excited to start reading some reviews!

message 6: by Abbie (last edited Nov 29, 2010 09:58AM) (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Hello everyone!! I am a huge bookworm as well. I love Christian Romance and have read Love Inspired for many years. I bought a Kindle earlier this year and have so much fun reading again. I have not read a lot of Amish Fiction.

I got A Simple Amish Christmas by Vannetta Chapman

free on my Kindle a few weeks back and let me say I loved it.

I then realized I had The Choice (Lancaster County Secrets, #1) by Suzanne Woods Fisher

which I also got free and I am just falling in love with Amish Fiction.

I am currently reading The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets #2) by Suzanne Woods Fisher .

I also have 3 of Beverly Lewis books in paperback The Shunning/The Confession/The Reckoning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1-3) by Beverly Lewis

which I am excited to read next!

I am also thinking of blogging about the books I read but have not done that yet.

message 7: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Hello Abbie! We're glad to have you! We're a smaller group, but very active and VERY agreeable, so it's been fantastic so far! We definitely have a lot of great suggestions for blogging for books, and most of us have blogs. :)

message 8: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Abbie~

Welcome to the group! There are so many wonderful Amish books to dive into! I began falling in love with Amish books with The Shunning. I loved A Simple Amish Christmas! It is a great book and Vannetta is a wonderful person too! She is also a member of this group and drops by too just like Barbara Cameron and Marta Perry.

Since you also have a kindle, make sure you read this thread about NetGalley.

I have received several free Amish books from them in exchange for a written review. Be sure to grab A Time to Love which is a great book as well as November's group read. I cannot wait to read more of this series too!

Do you have a blog? Be sure to list it this thread so we can all become followers and can read your book reviews.

I hope you become an active part of this small and warm group! And fair warning, your To-Read list is going to get really long now! LOL!

message 9: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 19 comments Hi, Patsy, here. I'm new to this group as well. I love love to read Amish books. I read a lot of Love Inspired as well. Love Christian romance. I can depend on these books being written in a Christian way. I don't have a Kindle but have downloaded several books for free from Amazon. Hope to get to them soon.

message 10: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Welcome Patsy! I enjoy the Love Inspired line as well.

message 11: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Welcome Patsy! I'm addicted to reading Amish fiction too. The only reason that I read anything else is for my neighborhood book club.

message 12: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Hi Patsy! We're excited to have you join us! :)

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1576 comments Mod
Willkumm Patsy! I, like Diane, am also addicted to Amish fiction. I have other books, but these ALWAYS take front seat on my reading list. I hope you like it here. It's wunderbaar to have so many friends with similar interests.

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Welcome girls! It's always good to have new members to share books with :) I also loved Vannetta Chapman's A Simple Amish Christmas and was introduced to the Amish through The Shunning - they seem to be popular books! I read my first Love Inspired book back for October's Group Read, which was Hide In Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn Series #1) by Marta Perry and thought it was really good.

Diane is being an excellent source of information right now (thanks!) so I'm sure you have plenty of links to keep you going. And yes, your To-Read list will grow and grow with this group!

message 15: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Rach, you're welcome! I just love this group and everyone that is in it is so pleasant. I love helping people out so they can become more involved in this group too!

message 16: by Donna (last edited Dec 04, 2010 04:26AM) (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Hi Everyone! I was checking out the group posts and thought I would join. I love Amish fiction, although I don't get to read enough of it. Beverly Lewis and Kathleen Fuller are two authors I enjoy. I have read and enjoyed "A Man of His Word" and "The Secrets Beneath," both by Kathleen Fuller, this year. I am a book blogger for Book Sneeze and Blogging for Books. My blog is http://bookworm56.blogspot.com/ =)

message 17: by Gail (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Hi everyone, I just joined this group because I am a
Amish fanatic! I love anything Amish because my inlaws are Amish, not old school, but Amish nevertheless! I have read books by Beverly Lewis and really want to read this Amish Christmas book! My name is Gail and I am from Florence, MA!

message 18: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Welcome Donna and Gail! This is a great group!

message 19: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Welcome to the group Donna and Gail! Please make yourself at home and join in on the conversations.

Gail, I live in Wales, MA (near Palmer and Brimfield). OMG, what a small world!

message 20: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Diane U wrote: "Welcome to the group Donna and Gail! Please make yourself at home and join in on the conversations.

Gail, I live in Wales, MA (near Palmer and Brimfield). OMG, what a small world!"

I live in Easthampton, Diane. It is a very small world. Nice to meet you. =)

message 21: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Abbie wrote: "Welcome Donna and Gail! This is a great group!"

thank you, abbie

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Welcome! It's always nice to have new members :)

message 23: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Welcome everyone!

message 24: by Gail (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Thanks Diane, very nice to meet you. I am in Florence, MA!

message 25: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Wow, now there are 3 of us from Westerm MA! Cool!

message 26: by Gail (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Way cool Diane, this should be fun!

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (daneliha) Hello everyone,

This has been one of my favourite genres for a few years now. My toddler doesn't let me read as much as I used to, but I'm finding since getting my Kindle that I am catching up :)

message 28: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Welcome! I got a Kindle a few months back and love it. My kids are 4 and 2 so I know how it is but I am finding I have a little more time to read now.

message 29: by Gail (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments I'm thinking about getting a Kindle, does everyone love it?

message 30: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Gail wrote: "I'm thinking about getting a Kindle, does everyone love it?"

Most certainly!

message 31: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hello everyone,

This has been one of my favourite genres for a few years now. My toddler doesn't let me read as much as I used to, but I'm finding since getting my Kindle that I am catching up :)"

Welcome Elizabeth! There are tons of great authors out there that we are all just beginning to explore. Please feel free to join us in this month's group read too. If you have a blog, be sure to list it on the blog thread so we can all follow your reviews! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

message 32: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 02, 2011 03:25PM) (new)

Elizabeth (daneliha) Abbie wrote: "Welcome! I got a Kindle a few months back and love it. My kids are 4 and 2 so I know how it is but I am finding I have a little more time to read now."

I love my Kindle way more then I imagined! It is my first e-reader though so I can't compare to others.

Edit: Ack I'm having problems with the reply's on this forum. I meant the above to be a reply to Gail's question

message 33: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (daneliha) And thank you all for your welcomes :)

message 34: by Barbara (new)

Welcome Elizabeth!

message 35: by Gail (last edited Jan 02, 2011 05:57PM) (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Thanks for the comments everyone!

message 36: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Gail wrote: "I'm thinking about getting a Kindle, does everyone love it?"

Hi Gail =) E-readers are great. We have a Nook and love it. The basic difference between the Nook and the Kindle is that you can share books. Either way you go, you can't go wrong. =)

message 37: by Gail (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Thanks Donna, Jim has his Kindle and is now thinking it wasn't worth it - the money that is - so I don't know what to do! I think I'll think about it a little longer!

message 38: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Donna wrote: "Gail wrote: "I'm thinking about getting a Kindle, does everyone love it?"

Hi Gail =) E-readers are great. We have a Nook and love it. The basic difference between the Nook and the Kindle is that y..."

Donna, as of Thursday, you can share "lendable" kindle books with other kindle owners and users. We still cannot use library books though.

message 39: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Diane U wrote: "Donna wrote: "Gail wrote: "I'm thinking about getting a Kindle, does everyone love it?"

Hi Gail =) E-readers are great. We have a Nook and love it. The basic difference between the Nook and the ..."

That's good to know, Diane. =)

message 40: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments The lending on the kindle is very easy! I have one book I am lending out right now and it took me about 30 seconds to do. :)

message 41: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 250 comments Hi My name is Kristy and I am a new member of this group. Please add me as a friend, I'd appreciate it. I am trying to build up my friend's list. I love Amish books and Christian Fiction like Love Inspired, Love Inspired Suspense. I've read a few Love Inspired Historicals. I also love the Heartsong Present books and many more Christian fiction that I have found good.

message 42: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Welcome Kristy! It sounds as if you have found a great group to join in as we all love those books too!

Take a look around the group, we nominate books monthly and then randomly choose one to read which members are free to read and participate in a discussion about.

Most of us have blogs, so check out that section of this group. On our blogs we review books, so it is really a great way to learn about new books.

Most of us also do book reviewing, if you have any questions about that check out or section on book reviewing and let any of us know if you have any questions!

Welcome again!

message 43: by Barbara (new)

Kristy wrote: "Hi My name is Kristy and I am a new member of this group. Please add me as a friend, I'd appreciate it. I am trying to build up my friend's list. I love Amish books and Christian Fiction like Lo..."

Hi Kristy! Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do.

message 44: by Gail (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Kristy Nicole (DreamingByDay) wrote: "Hi everyone! I just joined this group recently and I didn't see an introduction thread for new members who join, so I hope it's ok if I start one!

My name is Kristy and I haven't been on Goodrea..."

Hi Kristy, welcome to the group! I am Gail Hoover and am the widow of a modern day Amish man! His family live in PA. and are very much Amish but do use modern technology! But it had been interesting to me and is interesting to me to hear the words and ways in the books that he used to talk about and use!
Very nice to meet you!

message 45: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Kristy, I'm glad to see that you made it over here from the Love Inspired group! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

message 46: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Welcome! This is a great group and you will soon have a to read list a mile long! ;)

message 47: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Welcome, Kristy! It sounds like you're going to fit in here just fine :) Feel free to join our discussions or start new ones. We love having new members to talk to!

message 48: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 250 comments Thanks! And thanks for the invite I got. I bought and downloaded the book for the book read, but probably won't start it until tonight.

message 49: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Kristy~

Since you have a kindle, be sure to sign up for Net Galley. Read more about it here on its thread:

Right now, there are a few Amish books available. They are:

A Simple Amish Christmas by Vannetta Chapman
The Journey by Wanda Brunstetter
Murder in Plain Sight by Marta Perry
Lydia's Charm by Wanda E. Brunstetter
Simple Deceit: A Mennonite Community's Way of Life Is Threatened by Outsiders by Nancy Mehl

You need to have an active blog in order to become a member with Net Galley. If you do not have one, I would recommend setting one up so you can post reviews on free books!!!

message 50: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 32 comments Hello everyone, I am Terri I do have blogger but I don't do blogging but do visit them and post comments on it. I currently reading amish books since last year . I really enjoying reading those wonderful amish books They write.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13