Every Little Thing discussion

Books > Shall we read this?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Reality is twisted fantasy. (new)

Michelle | 161 comments Mod
This here is where you can suggest books for us wonderful readers! :)

Books you adore, books that made you shiver in your knees, or just plain awesome books you think we will love!

So comment away!

-Michelle.

message 2: by Edward (new)

Edward | 2 comments One I highly recommend is Dave Cullen's 'Columbine'. It's the story, for lack of a better word, of the how's and why's of the Columbine killings and the aftermath. The book is emotionally hard to read, and hard to put down.

message 3: by Michelle, Reality is twisted fantasy. (new)

Oh really? That sounds really interesting! Emotional stories are my favorites. Good consideration!

message 4: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments That sounds really interesting

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Going Bovine by Libba Bray.
It would be an interesting book to discuss.
Very weird.
Sort of like Percy Jackson for older kids.

message 6: by Brooke (last edited Sep 25, 2010 08:41AM) (new)

Brooke | 663 comments oh ya I started reading that book but my mom took it back to the library and I remember really liking the beginning and the main characters attitude

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It's really funny, I love the main character's outlook on everything.
A tad bit inappropriate though.

message 8: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments lol ya but from what i read it was

message 9: by Dave (new)

Dave Cullen (davecullen) | 1 comments Thanks, Edward.

I hope it works for you, Michelle and Brooke.

message 10: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments Dave wrote: "Thanks, Edward.

I hope it works for you, Michelle and Brooke."

im sure it will. i've always been really interesting in the columbine killings

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments Green Rider by Kristin Britain was amazing just finished it

message 12: by Edward (new)

Edward | 2 comments It is, Rebecca, as is the second in the series, 'First Rider's Call'. I think there's a third one as well but have yet to find or get it.

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments Yeah i'm reading the second right bow but the library doesn't have the third. :/. The third is called The High King's Tomb, and there is going to be a fourth, Blackveil. Can't wait to read the rest in the series!

message 14: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments I'm reading a book called Monster by Frank Peretti. It's kinda scary. but in a good way

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Anything by Ellen Hopkins.
Amazing stuff.

message 16: by Diana (new)

Diana (dianaomer) Silver wrote: "Anything by Ellen Hopkins.
Amazing stuff."

i love ellen hopkins!
her best books are the crank series and my fav IMPULSE

message 17: by Christa (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
Would anyone like to do a group book discussion?

message 18: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) I would!

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments Definatly

message 20: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments sure that'd be coolio

message 21: by Christa (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
Okay so would you mind listing suggestions for a book that we could reads? Please?

message 22: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments The Host
Clockwork Angel
The Dark Beneath

i dont know, i'll read just about anything

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments I loved the host but I haven't read the other two...

Some other possibiliies, perhaps...

What I call life
paint the wind
the thirteenth tale

message 24: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments i haven't read any of those but they sound interesting.

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments I've read the first two and they are amazing, would not mind reading them again and the last sounded really interesting.

message 26: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments coolio im going to check those out :)

message 27: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Rebecca wrote: "I loved the host but I haven't read the other two...

Some other possibiliies, perhaps...

What I call life
paint the wind
the thirteenth tale"

I have read the thirteenth tale!!!! I don't know anyone who has ever mentioned it!!! You're one of my many heros!

As far as books go,
-maybe Sarah Dessen books?
-Strange Angels series
-Hunger Games

I have read most of the Sarah Dessen book, two Strange Angles book, and I have heard great things about the Hunger Games. I plan on reading Hunger Games soon.

Not sure what to suggest exactly because I have not idea what everyone likes. I am up for whatever read we do!

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments I just finished the thirteenth tale, can i say amazing! It is now one of my favorites!

message 29: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) I am so glad you liked it! I don't think that it's too well known and it made me happy when I saw that you were going to read it!

message 30: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments Yea, school library had it and it looked interesting so...

Any other not well known books you would suggest reading?

message 31: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 128 comments IT by stephen king...LOL...i love horror books...FALLING LEAVES by adeline yen mah...a good book, they changed the title into Cinderella story...you better check it out...

message 32: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Rebecca wrote: "Yea, school library had it and it looked interesting so...

Any other not well known books you would suggest reading?"

Well I just finished Playing in Traffic by Gail Giles and if you are looking for a SMALL easy read for a filler, then ... It was ok. Not the best that I have read, but it made for a good filler. Other books that I picked up from the library are Looking for Alaska by John Green , For Keeps by Natasha Friend , Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson , Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher , White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black , Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith , and A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly . I have been wanting to read some, but they were recommended to me by the local library librarians. Check those out?

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments ooo, im reading looking for alaska rightnow and i bought 13 reasons why, but ill check the rest out.

message 34: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) >.< I just finished Looking for Alaska last night! How are you liking it? Started Beauty by Nancy Butcher today, after getting it from hold at the library yesterday! It's slow, but it's getting better!

message 35: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments I really enjoyed it. But i liked the firt half of the book better than the last...

message 36: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Same here!!!!! I did like the ending of the book though (about the last 'chapter'). So...

message 37: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) I have finished all of the books from my above list except for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly . I am now reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough and got It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2) by Jenny Han today from the library!

message 38: by meri (last edited Dec 17, 2010 01:40AM) (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 128 comments i've already read Wuthering Heights...it's a good book...I would suggest It by stephen king, The third Secret and the Lake House...

hope you'll like it...as much as i like it!

message 39: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) So all of the books that I have put up ^, read. They are great. I also recommend Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1) by Jackson Pearce , Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) by Cat Adams , Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2) by Cat Adams , and for those who have not read the Hunger Games trilogy, The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins . Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins . Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins , READ THEM!!! Super great!

message 40: by Clementine (new)

Clementine (silentreverie) | 4 comments I've read The Hunger Games Trilogy, and also The Inkheart.

I'm kind of fond of books about life, too. So Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.

message 41: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 128 comments Anna wrote: "I've read The Hunger Games Trilogy, and also The Inkheart.

I'm kind of fond of books about life, too. So Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom."

hey! i've read all of that. so cool...
i like mitch albom..

message 42: by Michelle, Reality is twisted fantasy. (new)

I love sisters red! I always recommend City Of Bones by Cassrandra Clare, but I always love Juliet Marriller books. Full on fantasy and celtic folk tales. So awesome!

message 43: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Just read Matched! It was good. Not the best I have ever read. But still a good read. Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie

message 44: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Has anyone read The Declaration series by Gemma Malley? The last three books I read were really disappointing and I want something to fascinate me again.

message 45: by Joy (new)

Joy books that i recommend for a group dicussion would have to be one of these:

Marked by P.C. & Kristen Cast
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

both books are about vampires, but the plot is so interesting and new. nothing like any books i've read.

plus, their both series. Awesome!

message 46: by Nadine (new)

Nadine | 5 comments Joy wrote: "books that i recommend for a group dicussion would have to be one of these:

both books are about vampires, but the plot is so ..."

Both of those series are AMAZING! i think i read vampire academy books in lke 2 weeks! and I read the house of night series and i ache for the next one!!! great books.

message 47: by Joy (new)

Joy Nadine wrote: "Joy wrote: "books that i recommend for a group dicussion would have to be one of these:

both books are about vampires, but the..."

i read it in like two days that's how good it was!

message 48: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments Pluto's Ghost

I finished this one a few days ago. Really good if your into mysteries and stuff.

message 49: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Urm, The Demon Girl (The Rae Wilder Novels #1) by Penelope Fletcher was quite nice! :D