Start by marking “Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1)

Blood Song (Blood Singer #1)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  6,118 Ratings  ·  457 Reviews
Bodyguard Celia Graves has definitely accepted her share of weird assignments, both human and supernatural. But her newest job takes the cake. Guarding a prince from terrorists and religious fundamentalists is hard enough, but it seems like the entire supernatural world is after this guy too. When she is betrayed by those she is employed to help, and everything goes horrib ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Tor Books

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Meet Celia Graves, a 100% human independent security consultant (BODYGUARD), in a world full of creatures.

You: How's that work? o.O

Me: Someone wise once told her that no human is a match for the monsters, magic or no magic, and the important things are "brains and good equipment."

You: She got those things?

Me: It'd make for a pretty lame story if she didn't.

And a short one.

While on a gig for a particularly royal disgusting client, she's attacked by a vampire, who, inexpli
Maya
description

So...I got to 65% and I just couldn't go on. I tried but it didn't work out. When I started reading this book I was really excited and happy to finally get my hands on this story but after the few first chapters I felt like the story wasn't going anywhere. And therefore my attention has gone by by. Sorry...I wish I could say something else but this book just bored me and while I would have loved to finish it, I simply cannot read another page of nothing's going on plot...
Missie
Sep 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires

Another one I had to force myself to finish. *sighs*

I started this book last month for Blog with Bite, and tried to have it done before the review deadline, but somewhere along the way, I completely lost interest. I revisited it this past weekend because of the Read Your Own Books Read-a-Thon, and I can't say I enjoyed it very much.

The plot was a white hot mess, as were the plethora of unnecessary characters! I just couldn't wrap my mind around what was go
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Apr 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Celia is a bodyguard who is sent to guard the Prince of Rusland, which in the book is located in the Ukraine. While guarding the Prince is a series of shady strip clubs, Celia is set up in a political plot and ends up being killed. Well not really killed, a Master Vampire bites her but doesn’t drain her nor does he change her, so she becomes an Abomination (a term for the in-between stage, not fully mortal but not undead either). There aren’t many recorded instances of Abomination’s, but those w ...more
Mitticus
4.3 wavelet stars

In the end, even the toughest human is afraid of the monsters.

Este es el tipo de libro en que te dejan caer en medio de la acción, y te van explicando de a poco lo que va pasando. Incluso busqué si existia una precuela (que no hay), porque tiene muchisima información volando.

Para empezar en este mundo hay vampiros (malvados, hipnotizadores, le afecta los simbolos religiosos). Y aqui va el gran asunto NO explicado e indeterminado y que no me quedó nada claro--> Hay facciones
Liv
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I just finished the book and thought that I should write this review while things are still relatively fresh in my mind... This book could have potential - the premise, the setup, the characters could have been 10 times better. Unfortunately, while I saw the potential of a good book, Blood Song just didn't cut it with me. I had one word to describe it - FLAT. The plot was flat; the writing was flat, the characters were flat. So, just plain FLAT - and I can't think of a better word for it.

I can i
MrsJoseph

1.5 stars rounded down to 1 star!!

I received my copy of Blood Song in December 2013 as a Hogsfather's Day gift. This means that Blood Song qualifies for my The Mt. TBR Struggle is Real challenge!

So. Blood Song.

I didn't enjoy Blood Song very much. But there were some rather nice parts. My biggest issues with Blood Song revolves around it's complete and utter failure of the Bechdel Test*, it's jumble on plots/plot points that left the ending confusing and th
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.com

Review:
It’s no longer enough to have traditional vampires or classic werewolves in urban fantasy books, we want something new, something innovative when it comes to the supernatural. In Cat Adams (aka C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp) BLOOD SONG we get treated to a host of new (and tweaked familiar) paranormal creatures including bats, nulls, abominations, werewolves, demons, clairvoyants, mages, psychics, and others I can’t giveaway.

Celia Graves
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
When I was finally able to get into this series, I liked it. I'd give it a 3.5 stars for originality and giving the character a maze of a personal life. And while I liked this book, I don't think I'd recommend it because the series as a whole isn't good. It's beyond formulaic and that's really not the greatest in UF. The appeal of these is ease of reading, pretty good pacing, and an odd vamp-siren mix. But there is an endless list of things that annoy me s out this series, a few are:
- love trian
Leeanna
Jun 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Blood Song, by Cat Adams

"Blood Song," featuring tough bodyguard Celia Graves, is the first in a new urban fantasy/paranormal series. Celia is at first a "vanilla" human - no magical abilities - but quickly becomes an abomination when a bodyguard gig goes horribly wrong.

Celia has to quickly learn to deal with her new existence as a cross between a vampire (bat) and a human; she has supernatural abilities such as quicker healing, but also weaknesses such as craving blood. If that wasn't enough, s
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. UF or PNR book [s] 11 69 Apr 29, 2014 05:20PM
Bruno or creede? 3 19 Aug 07, 2013 09:44PM
  • Ascension (Dark Breed, #1)
  • Blood Law (Alexandra Sabian, #1)
  • Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)
  • A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1)
  • Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles, #1)
  • Night Rising (Vampire Babylon, #1)
  • The Sweet Scent of Blood (Spellcrackers.com, #1)
  • Ravenous: The Dark Forgotten
  • Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1)
  • Red Hot Fury (Shades of Fury, #1)
  • Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1)
  • Night's Cold Kiss (Dark Brethren, #1)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • The Darkest Edge of Dawn (Charlie Madigan, #2)
  • Darkness Descending (Vampire Armageddon, #1)
  • Chosen (Anna Strong Chronicles, #6)
  • Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #1)
This is the pen name of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams (co-authors of the Thrall trilogy and the Sazi series published by Tor). They created this name to write under to make it easier for new fans (or old) to find them on the book shelves.

More about Cat Adams...

Blood Singer (7 books)
  • Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2)
  • Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • All Your Wishes (Blood Singer, #7)
“It's already bad. I'm honestly not sure how much worse it's going to get." Notice that I didn't say couldn't get worse. It can always get worse. I know this. And thus I refuse to tempt fate. Superstitious - probably. But magic exists. So does karma, and karma can be a bitch.” 83 likes