Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Man not raised in society books?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 19, 2010 12:36AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) So I saw this topic over on Amazon, from someone wanting books along the vein of The Jungle Book (man raised away from polite society - possibly around animals). The topic/idea sounded interesting, since I really enjoyed the Jungle Book movie (the non-cartoon one).

These books were listed. Has anyone read one from this list and willing to make a recommendation?
The first two look the most interesting to me I think.

Wild at Heart by Patricia Gaffney Wild Heart by Lori Brighton The Wild Child (The Bride Trilogy, #1) by Mary Jo Putney Wild Thing by Anne Stuart

message 2: by Julianna (last edited Sep 19, 2010 03:44PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments All of those are on my list, Stacia, although I haven't read any of them yet. I do coincidentally have Wild at Heart on the schedule for this month, so I'll be sure to check back in with my thoughts after I read it.

message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Wow, what a great idea, Stacia. Thanks for starting this thread... I would never have thought of it. I am adding them too, cause that would be great to read.

message 4: by Jenese (new)

Jenese (jsnow09) | 41 comments This one has actually PNR, but fits the mold I think. Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole . It's book #10 in the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, but they can be read as stand alone.

The hero is so out of it, him and his heroine can't even communicate with each other. He's in a sort of hell realm and hasn't been around a woman in a VERY VERY long time. He's used to killed the creatures of the night and scaring them all off.

This is my favorite book in the series and my favorite book of all time right now. LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!! :)

message 5: by Julianna (last edited Oct 04, 2010 12:27PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments I just realized I forgot to stop back with my thoughts on Wild at Heart. It was a pretty unique story for the romance genre but reminded me a lot of Tarzan or The Jungle Book, because Michael, the hero, has been living in the wilderness alone since he was a little boy with no one but the animals for companions. The story begins with him having been brought back to civilization. He's actually quite gentle, not wild like everyone thinks, but because of his experiences, he looks at everything differently than "normal" people. The heroine ends up teaching him to read and write which leads to a deeper relationship. Michael is really a quiet, sweet beta hero who I loved to pieces. I haven't posted my review yet, but I really enjoyed the book and plan on giving it 4.5 stars.
Wild at Heart by Patricia Gaffney

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I just now noticed that you replied. I'll have to check the book out then. Thanks. :)

message 7: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments You're welcome, Stacia.

message 8: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments i liked the real people jungle book growing up

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) On the topic of sweaty jungle sex, I'm bumping this one just to see if anyone else has read any of these books about guys not raised in society.

I really need to try at least one of the books out.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I just noticed that all 4 books have "wild" in the title.

message 11: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Feb 11, 2011 07:24AM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Ahhhhahahahahah~ 'sweaty jungle sex' was on another thread~ It spreading~ LOL~ But yes, I agree they do look very interesting, I will have to start a search for one.

message 12: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Lisa Kleypas' Hathaway series, starting with Mine Till Midnight, has two heros who are Roma (Gypsies) who weren't raised in "polite society." It's not The Jungle Book, but it is a sort of fish out of water story.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I actually just finished Hathaways. Great series!

message 14: by Leea (new)

Leea Jungle sex again... man!!! Okay the Hathaway series was wonderful and the first and second book would fall into the "man not raised in POLITE society"

Maybe we should call it dirty nasty jungle sex??