Start by marking “Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)

Mine Till Midnight

(The Hathaways #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  57,016 ratings  ·  2,416 reviews
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.

Wealthy beyond most men’s dreams, Cam has tir
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

·  57,016 ratings  ·  2,416 reviews

Start your review of Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
Navessa
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

Someone sprinkled crack onto the pages of this series. I have no other explanation for what is happening to me right now.

I know you're probably expecting a review. And I'd love to write one. But the next book is staring up at me, whispering things.

"Come on, Navessa. Just one more hit..."

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Auntee
Apr 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of LK's Wallflowers series; historical romance fans
Can The Hathaways series compete with Lisa Kleypas's fantastic Wallflowers series? Well I had my doubts, but if the first book, the wonderful Mine Till Midnight, is any indication of how this series will play out, my answer is a resounding Yes!

This book just flew by for me--I never once wanted to put it down! I loved the Hathaway family, with all their eccentricities, although (other than young Beatrix with her love for critters and her 'sticky fingers', and of course eldest sibling Leo with his
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

There’s something just so special about a historical romance done the Lisa Kleypas way. Light, yet with substance. So much sexual passion and yet such tender love. Her books are always a delightful escape and her heroes are always so sigh-worthy.

This is a touching story about a tight knit, albeit quirky, family consisting of four sisters, Amelia, Win, Poppy, and Beatrix; their one brother, Leo, and Merripen, who as a young boy was wounded and left for dead following a Gypsy hunt. He was brought
Alp
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.

How in the world did it take me so long to start this one? Lisa Kleypas is the real queen of historical romance. Just when I thought I couldn’t love her books more, she proved me wrong. Mine Till Midnight is exceptionally wonderful! This book has everything I want in my HR read.

A solid plot and interesting story.
A determined and persistent alpha hero with a protective nature and possessive streak.
A heroine who is strong and intelligent, but still very traditionally feminine.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of lush historical romances, Victorian fans, Light ghost story fans
I hadn't read any Kleypas for a while when I started reading this book. It reminded me of how effective and seductive Kleypas is as a writer. She really does write a beautiful love story. Her stories are dreamy and elegant, full of imagery that draws me into the story and out of my everyday existence. She really is a wordsmith to this reader.

I know a lot of fans were unhappy that Cam was not paired with Daisy, but I have no regrets. Cam and Amelia were meant to be together. Cam was searching for
Shawna
Re-read Oct'2019:

Just as wonderful as I remember from almost 10 years ago, if not more so!! Still big 5++ stars!!

Original read/review Jun'2010:

5++ stars – Historical Romance

It simply doesn’t get any better than Lisa Kleypas. I loved the Wallflowers series, and I’ve been looking forward to Cam’s story, ever since he so completely captivated me in Devil in Winter. Instead of flying through this lightning fast like I did with the Wallflower books, I took my time and savored it. I relished every mom
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

Lisa Kleypas has become my go to author when I am in a book slump. I always enjoy her stories!!!

Mine Till Midnight is the beginning of the Hathaways Sisters series, and while it doesn't explicitly say so, you need to read The Wallflowers series beforehand because SO MANY characters overlap and I feel you would be confused if you didn't.

This book is about Amelia, the sister who is always looking out for her family as they experience one bad stroke of luck after the other. While looki
Jilly
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Cam is a gypsy living in London, working at a gaming hall. He also has a "good luck curse". See, gypsies aren't supposed to accumulate money, stuff, or homes to live in. They need to be free, man! But, Cam can't help accumulating wealth. Every time he tries to give it away, it comes back to him. It's like some ugly casserole dish that you get for a wedding present. You keep making casseroles and taking it to people who you know aren't dependable. But, dammit if they don't wash the stupid thing a ...more
Sh3lly
Buddy read with the Abtastic Ab-Loving Geishas in January.

I think this was your pretty standard historical romance. It felt a bit formulaic to me. I did like both leads, but nothing really popped out as extraordinary. The heroine is Amelia Hathaway, is 26, and has decided to become a spinster. She feels she is past the age to make a good match and does not want to be controlled by any man. She is strong and manages her household, while her scummy older brother Leo, squanders his new title and we
✰ Liz ✰
"Take me away."
description

Mine Till Midnight is the first book in The Hathaways Series and to say I am late for the party is the understatement of the century. I have never considered myself a Historical Romance fan and yet, I have become a Hathaway addict! In this first book in the series, we are introduced to the Hathaway family. Amelia, the oldest, has spent her entire life caring for her younger siblings. After experiencing heartbreak, she has decided that she is to live the life of a spinster and
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
The Hathaways are a strange and eccentric bounce...
Why bounce??? This family consist from four sisters and one brother...
And every single one of them is eccentric, with their own problems and you need a lot of courage to be a part of this family...
But i can not talk to you about all of them because each one of them has his/hers own book, so you have to wait about the others...

In this book, we will talk about Amelia Hathaway, the older from the sisters...

After the lost of their parents, Amelia to
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Hummingbird Stars

photo 13628266_zps7ehew0wr.gif

***Spoilers***

When it comes to historical romance I am very picky. Over the years I have found that a lot of HR will have cheating and mistresses in their books. So much so that I quit reading HR books until I discovered Goodreads and was able to see spoilers and make sure there would be no cheating in that book. I was craving some HR and a friend said to try Lisa Kleypas that they loved her. So when I was out book shopping I found the whole Hathaway Series for 4.00, bough
Sammy Loves Books
***5.0 Delightful stars***

This was a wonderful start to what I imagine will become a favorite series! I really loved the strong willed heroine and admired her strength because she also knew when to yield...It also helped that Cam was the perfect man to yield to.

Cam Rohan

description

Gah, Cam was utter perfection!! Calm under pressure, smart as hell, a loving, giving heart, and handsome. He was that perfect mix of sexy forbidden rouge and polished gentleman. I loved his honesty, communication style, and the w
Shona aka ღ❤️ Pandora's Pandemonian Bookwhore ❤️ღ

Looks like its finally time to read this one out and add it to my favs shelf....

Oh! the burdens The Shona must bear!!! Bemoan ye my fates!!!!

HA!HA!HA!

Played you guys,didn't I!?!?!!!! :-D
(stop rolling your eyes...its "improper")

*throat-clearing*

Soooo.....

Where were I!?!?!?!!???

Oh yeah! I was going to say how excited I was to get my hands on this fab book!!! :-D

ummmm..... why don't I just show you instead.....

And YES,this book IS completely deserving of a top-notch position in best HR no
Dina
Feb 03, 2009 rated it liked it
I loved Cam Roham since his first appearance in 'Devil in Winter', so I was more than thrilled when Kleypas made him the 1st hero in her new Hathaway series. Unfortunately, his story didn´t live up to my expectations. Don´t get me wrong, Cam was still as interesting as ever in 'Mine Till Midnight', but little else was up to par. :(

Where do I begin? Well, let´s take Amelia Hathaway, Cam´s heroine. She was nice enough, but I just didn´t feel her "connection" with Cam. I got the feeling that she wa
Aileene
PRE-REVIEW

Yes, this bearded bloke.

CHERRY POPPING Buddy read commences on the 25th Oct.

========

POST-REVIEW

Re-edited to add Luke's review.

As promised, Frozen review for our Frozen bearded fan.

Luke, who had a turn to choose for our first BR, so needless to say, my turn to select this time.

Naturally, I chose SMUT and this I told him.

And he said,

But persistent, I was.

Then Luke was like,

And Aileene went,

In reality though, Luke said yes straight away. Haha.

So.
The story and characters.

Amelia (
Ronyell
When I started reading Teresa Medeiros’ romance novels, I started to really get into romance novels. I finally heard about another romance author and her name was Lisa Kleypas! “Mine Till Midnight” is the first book I have read from Lisa Kleypas and it is also the first book of the Hathaway family series. If you have not read a romance novel full of sexual tension, drama and mystery, “Mine Till Midnight” is definitely a romance novel that is worth checking out!

The Hathaway family (Leo, Amelia, W
Luke Taylor
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
So what is Mine Till Midnight?

Hmm...I like to think of it as maybe one of those PBS period pieces like Downton Abbey only the HBO version, if you get my drift.

description

But what is it? Well, it’s a very thinly plotted historical romance, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I chalk that up to Lisa Kleypas subtly skillful prose and the presence of a good cast and a big fat English Manor fallen into disrepair. I mean, I guess that I’ve seen so many decorating and home renovation shows (and having don
Rane
Coming from different walks of life Amelia Hathaway and Cam Rohan couldn't be more different then day and night, but just click together like two puzzles pieces making a whole.
Amelia comes from a family of so called misfits and as the oldest female has taken the role of protector of her family's welfare at the risk of danger and the occasional headache. Coming into a recent wealth and a title for her bother to boot. Amelia and her family are thrust into a well to do society one that they have
Els
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story. This is the second book I read from this serie, Lisa Kleypas knows how to keep the story interesting.

This is another book I can highly recommend.
Cam *tactile seeker*

What's this strange feeling that's warming me up from the inside and making me feel dizzy with joy? *looks around the room, bewildered*

But yes! It's the sweet, lovely, sexy, thrilling, incredible Historical Romance expressing all its potentiality! It's been ages since I've felt this way and almost didn't recognize it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dear GR friends and members of this community in general, please meet Cam, the biggest HR, period movies and TV series, and history enthusiast on the planet. She's watched the S
Susanne
Updated review after re-read 5/3/15. Bumped up to 4.5 stars!

"I find you thoroughly, deeply interesting. I want to open you like a book and read every page." A smile curled the corners of his lips ad he added huskily, "Footnotes included".

Cam Rohan is the most wonderful hero of all times. Cam Rohan is protective, sweet, strong, wicked, charming, hot and everything you could ever wish for in a hero. He is mystic in the best sense of the word.

"You're like someone from a fairy story written in a
Mei
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Mmmm... can I have a Cam of my own? *wink*

What a delightful book! I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Cam and Amelia.

Amelia wants only to care about her "strange" family: her young sisters, her other sister, closer to her age, who's still slowly recovering from her illness and her brother who's wasting away and who wants to join his dead fiance. A heavy burden...

Cam, a half Rom forced by circumstances to live as Gadje. He's charming, sensual and burden by a "good luck curse"!

Cam wants Amelia sinc
Karen
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

“You’re not like any man I’ve ever known,” she said. “You’re not even someone I could have dreamed. You’re like someone from a fairy story written in a language I don’t even know.”
“The prince, I hope.”
“No, you’re the dragon, a beautiful wicked dragon.”

Loved it. This was my first Kleypas book, and I have to say I was very impressed. Loved these characters. And she sure can spin a romance. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: v-card
3.75 Stars

I read this series out of order. I kind of wished I didn’t. This is Amelia and Cam’s story, but a lot of Kev and Win’s story is in this one. Kev and Win’s book is the next one. So if you haven’t started this series, you should start with this book.

Also, when I read the other book I had a certain expectation for Leo, who is the oldest Hathaway brother, so when I read this book I was really disappointed. Just food for thought.

I really liked Amelia. She’s the oldest and strongest sister.
Book Wonderland
I loved Cam Rohan a lot, his gipsy roots were an interesting addition to the story! Lots of things happening in the book, and not just between Amelia and Cam. We can found out a lot about the supporting characters too.
*Spoiler Alert*
The love story between Amelia and Cam was great, what I didn't liked was Amelia's hesitation to accept Cam's proposal even after sleeping together for many times. Also Cam didn't find out that Christopher kissed Amelia.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially historical romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Leah
Chan
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was different. I’m not a paranormal fan and this had some of that fantasy, magical, paranormal stuff in it. It wasn’t overwhelming, but it was definitely an important part of the book.

I enjoyed the story. I liked the difficulties surrounding Cam and Amelia. However, I was sometimes uneasy with the story. There were also things that I felt were left hanging. I’m assuming some of those questions will be answered in the subsequent books.
Didi
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't think I can say it enough: Lisa Kleypas is AMAZING.

I wasn't sure what to expect at first with this book. I definitely didn't expect a ghost incorporated into the story. It sounds weird right? And though, while at first I didn't like the direction of that plot twist, it suddenly became an intricate part of the whole story making it much more mystical.

But what really sold this was Cam Rohan. He was sublime. He was the alpha with the quiet disposition that could challenge the most rigorous
Lover of Romance
Amelia Hathaway, even though the second oldest among her family, takes responsibility for her family. Her older brother Leo, has recently come into a title, and ever since he lost his love, he has gone on the deep end, ever since he lost his love, he has never been the same. In London, Amelia goes in search of him, seeking Cam Rohan's help. Cam is dark and dangerous, but he excites Amelia more than anyone ever has, even though some of her family and society will never accept him. Amelia finds Ca ...more

• Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #1)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)

The Hathaways (5 books)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)

Articles featuring this book

In romance, a lot can happen in just one year, much less ten or 20! With multiple award-winning series since the late 1980s, author Lisa Kley...
“The question, love, is whether you want me enough to take the risk.” 266 likes
“...whether he stayed or left, whether they walked the same path or not. They could live on opposite sides of the world, and she would still be his.” 118 likes