Dementia - Reading Challenges discussion

Other Challenges > Numbers

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 532 comments Mod
Read books 1 through 10 of different series. Each number has to be from a different series.

message 2: by Heather (last edited Apr 05, 2011 01:55AM) (new)

10 of 10 completed

1. Fall of Giants by Ken Follett 10/1 ★★★★★
2. Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews 10/3 ★★★★
3. The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning ★★★★
4. Prey by Rachel Vincent 10/11 ★★★★
5. Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning 1/25 ★★★★
6. Twilight by Meg Cabot 1/30 ★★★
7. Bitten in Two by Jennifer Rardin 3/10 ★★
8. Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison 2/2 ★★★★★
9. Total Eclipse by Rachel Caine 9/11 ★★★1/2
10. The Dream-Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon 10/18 ★★★

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Twilight (The Mediator, #6) by Meg Cabot Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7) by Jennifer Rardin Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #8) by Kim Harrison Total Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9) by Rachel Caine The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter, #10) (Dream-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 06, 2010 11:50AM) (new)

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela B Oh I like this one I will probably do this at some point but I got too much happening for it right now

message 5: by Zakiya (last edited Dec 16, 2011 06:57PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Sounds like fun! I think I will record mine as I go, though, because it looks like it would take a lot of work to find ones from different series :). Have most of them....

1. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (4/9/2010) *****
2. School's Out - Forever (6/9/2010) *****
3. Chosen (25/10/2010) ****
4. City of Fallen Angels (11/5/2011) *****
5. The Chosen (18/7/2011) *****
6. Killer (26/2/2011) ****
7. Fang (4/12/2011) *****
8. Nancy's Mysterious Letter
9. Beautiful Stranger
10. The Slippery Slope

7/10 completed

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) All right I'll have to pick these out in later. I'm looking at all the series I've started and just need to figure out which ones I want to continue . . .

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Here's a genreal idea, I won't be starting this until next year as part of my New Years resolution. Books are subject to change.

0/10

1. Magic Study
2.Devoured
3. Web of Lies
4. Hallowed Circle
5.Friday Night Bites
6.Hexbound
7.It Happened One Autumn
8.Rogue
9.One Foot in the Grave
10. City of Ashes
Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Devoured by Amanda Marrone Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2) by Linda Robertson Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2) by Chloe Neill It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 9: by Heather (new)

Hey Shera... (don't hit me) the idea is for you to read book 1 of a series for number 1, book2 from a diff series for number 2, 3 for 3.... Does that make any sense? There's also the series challenge where you just pick series you want to finish.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Heather wrote: "Hey Shera... (don't hit me) the idea is for you to read book 1 of a series for number 1, book2 from a diff series for number 2, 3 for 3.... Does that make any sense? There's also the series challen..."

I won't hit you! ^_- Was totally my bad. Space cadet Shera at attention!

Now I have to narrow down which of these number 2 books I want to read. Though I have to confess I'm not sure if I have any series that are up to number 8, if I do I'm going to have a lot of reading on my hands.

Now back to the drawing board . . .

message 11: by Heather (new)

Haha. That was what I thought you needed help with... getting all the way to the end of the obnoxious amounts of series that have like 10-20 books. =) I didn't realize you had a lot of trilogies. Although, if you use Alpha for number six and take off Rogue it still means you have to read Rogue to get to Alpha. Put book 5 of Night Huntress since it'll be out in Feb, book 4 of Chicagoland since it'll be in May... and then it gets difficult. I would def. read Clare and Estep's series. Hexbound wasn't as good as Chicagoland. Esp. since each book of Chicagoland gets better. Hmm...

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Good idea. It will really push me to finish the series.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Couldn't figure out what series to do for 7, but it shall come.

1. Red Hot Fury
2. Death's Mistress
3. Fatal Circle
4. Blood Heat
5. Roadkill
6. Alpha
8. Kitty Goes to War
9. Total Eclipse
10. Dead in the Family

message 14: by Heather (new)

I'm curious to see what you think of Red Hot Fury.

message 15: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Dec 15, 2010 08:13AM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Yeah, me too. At first I thought it was a romance and wasn't going to bother with it, but the book states it's urban fantasy on the spine.

I was going to hold of starting on this for next year, but I think starting now would be fine.

message 16: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Finally thought of a book that I can read for the number 9! :) Have to get back to reading for this challenge sometime soon!

message 17: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) 1. The Way of Kings (Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
2. Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2) by Kimberly Derting
3. Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemisty, #3) by Simone Elkeles
4. Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep
5. This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost
6. Book six in the Riyria Revelations (isn't on GR yet)
8. Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward
9. Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb
10. Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10) by Rachel Caine

message 18: by Heather (new)

I finally finished!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Wow!! Go Heather, I haven't even started on mine. Gosh I feel so guilty. *blushing*

message 20: by Heather (new)

If I ever updated these, I'd finish much faster.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Oooo, good picks.

message 22: by Heather (new)

Good luck.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Gentry isn't anything like the Anita books. But I liked them both.

Enjoy!

message 24: by Zakiya (last edited Jan 07, 2013 06:10AM) (new)

message 25: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Finished the first half; just have to find series long enough to do the rest.

message 26: by Heather (new)

Haha. Good job so far.
Psy-Changeling will get you there. As will Morganville Vampires, Pretty Little Liars, and House of Night. The last Vampire Academy will get you number 6 if you want to use PLL's for a diff number. Those are all series you've read and seemed to enjoy so far.
I can help you with others if you want to read something else. Just let me know.

message 27: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Those are all (except Psy-Changeling) series that I need to finish! Put PLL #7 up there. It might get switched out with Morganville though, depending on which one I can get a hold of first.

message 28: by Heather (new)

I went through your to-read list to see if I could find stuff for you. =)

message 29: by Jojobean (last edited Mar 17, 2013 06:38PM) (new)

Jojobean Numbers Challenge

1. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
2. Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4. Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck
5. The Aslyum (Stefan's Diaries) by L.J.Smith
6. Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
7. Allies of the Night by Darren Shan
8. Black Dawn by L.J. Smith

message 30: by Colleen (last edited Jul 13, 2014 06:00PM) (new)

Colleen | 17 comments completed 7 of 10
1. The Damsel by Richard Starks 6/23/13
2. Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost 6/15/13
3. Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce 3/11/14
4. Grave Secret by Charliane Harris 7/9/14
5. Illusion by Sherrilyn Kenyon 4/30
6. Boots and Buckles by Myla Jackson 3/11
10. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris 5/29/13

message 31: by Barbara ★ (last edited Feb 01, 2014 03:20PM) (new)

Barbara ★ As long as this has no time frame I'm going with 12 series since that is what I'm planning to read in 2013 anyway.

Duration: May 10 - December 31, 2013

READ: 13/13

✔1. White Tiger - Kylie Chan 5/23
✔2. Tin Swift - Devon Monk 5/31
✔3. Head Over Heels - Jill Shalvis 11/7
✔4. Beautiful Redemption - Kami Garcia 5/19
✔5. Crown of Crystal Flame - C.L. Wilson 5/17
✔6. Before I Wake - Rachel Vincent 6/9
✔7. The Navigator - Clive Cussler 1/9
✔8. Death Magic - Eileen Wilks 9/30
✔9. Seeing a Large Cat - Elizabeth Peters 11/23
✔10. Dark Moon - Rebecca York 9/17
✔11. Cream Puff Murder - Joanne Fluke 11/29
✔12. Black Dawn - Rachel Caine 7/2
✔13. Taking Eve - Iris Johansen 8/10

White Tiger (Dark Heavens, #1) by Kylie Chan Tin Swift (Age of Steam, #2) by Devon Monk Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) by C.L. Wilson Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6) by Rachel Vincent The Navigator (NUMA Files, #7) by Clive Cussler Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8) by Eileen Wilks Seeing a Large Cat (Amelia Peabody, #9) by Elizabeth Peters Dark Moon (Moon #10; Decorah Security #1) by Rebecca York Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swensen, #11) by Joanne Fluke Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12) by Rachel Caine Taking Eve (Eve Duncan # 16) by Iris Johansen

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 32: by Heather (new)

I had all these weird numbers. I could have gotten 14, 22, etc., but getting numbers 7 and 8 were the most difficult.