Highlander Romance discussion

Introduction

Comments Showing 1-50 of 165 (165 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jocelin (last edited Sep 01, 2010 08:57PM) (new)

Jocelin | 287 comments Looking forward to being in the Highlander Romance Group. I never knew anything about the Highlander Romance series until a few months ago. Looking foward to discussing/reading great books. My name is Jocelin and I just joined the group a couple of days ago. Does anyone have any good suggestions about a good Highlander Romance Series? I have read "Ravished by a Highland" by Paula Quinn. I loved the book and I have purchased Laird of the Mist. Looking forward to buying "Seduced by a Highlander" also by Paula Quinn.

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin Welcome Jocelin. The MacLean Series by Karen Hawkins is a favorite of mine. There are 5 books: How to Abduct a Highland Lord (The MacLean Curse, #1) by Karen Hawkins To Scotland, With Love (The MacLean Curse, Book 2) by Karen Hawkins To Catch a Highlander (The Maclean Curse, Book 3) by Karen Hawkins Sleepless in Scotland (The MacLean Curse, Book 4) by Karen Hawkins and The Laird Who Loved Me (The Maclean Curse, Book 5) by Karen Hawkins August 31st Much Ado About Marriage by Karen Hawkins was released and its a Prequel.

message 3: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 8 comments Jocelin wrote: "Looking forward to being in the Highlander Romance Group. I never knew anything about the Highlander Romance series until a few months ago. Looking foward to discussing/reading great books. My name..."

Hi, I enjoy Highlander Romance. Don't forget A Highlander Never Surrenders by Paula Quinn. It follows the characters from Laird of the Mist and it's very good. I'm reading Ravished by a Highlander now.

I've enjoyed all of Julie Garwood's books. Other authors I'd recommend are: Monica McCarty, Hannah Howell, Donna Grant, Karen Marie Moning, Diana Galbadon, Mary Wine and Michele Sinclair.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dthacke2) | 1 comments The best Highlander series is the one by Karen Marie Moning. I was sorry to see them end.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Love KMM but Julie Garwood has some good ones too.

message 6: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 8 comments Robin wrote: "Welcome Jocelin. The MacLean Series by Karen Hawkins is a favorite of mine. There are 5 books: How to Abduct a Highland Lord (The MacLean Curse, #1) by Karen Hawkins[bookcover:To Scotland, With Love|885146..."

Robin,
Can you describe these books? I've had the 5 on my Wish List for a while. Do they have a good plot and romance?

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin Beverly- I've written reviews for the four I've read (haven't read the third one yet, long story) but reread them this morning and I think I'm going to do a couple of rewrites. I'll try to remember to post them here when I get done. In answer to your question, I think they have a good plot. The premise for the series is a curse that causes anger to create varying degrees of bad weather and it affects all the MacLeans regardless of gender. Each book of course has its own plot where the series plot plays a pretty major role. As for romance, there are definitely some good scenes and there is also humor. They are definitely worth reading. Sleepless in Scotland which is number 4 was my first Karen Hawkins and she's now one of my fave authors.

message 8: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 8 comments Robin wrote: "Beverly- I've written reviews for the four I've read (haven't read the third one yet, long story) but reread them this morning and I think I'm going to do a couple of rewrites. I'll try to remember..."

Thanks Robin. I will give these a try! Have you read anything by Donna Fletcher, such as Return of the Rogue or Under the Highlander's Spell?

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin Beverly wrote: "Robin wrote: "Beverly- I've written reviews for the four I've read (haven't read the third one yet, long story) but reread them this morning and I think I'm going to do a couple of rewrites. I'll t..."

In answer to your question no.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth S | 15 comments Hello everyone, I am new, my name is Liz and I am always looking for a good Highlander romance book. In all honestly I am just starting to read these books, so I am hoping I joined the right group so I can get some good opinions on what books to read! Right now I am currently reading An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7) by Diana Gabaldon

message 11: by Dani (new)

Dani | 53 comments Jocelin..Outlander..it is awesome for Highlander romance and just reading..it is a fabulous series!

Jocelin wrote: "Looking forward to being in the Highlander Romance Group. I never knew anything about the Highlander Romance series until a few months ago. Looking foward to discussing/reading great books. My name..."

message 12: by Dani (new)

Dani | 53 comments Elizabeth...Outlander! Fabulous!

Elizabeth wrote: "Hello everyone, I am new, my name is Liz and I am always looking for a good Highlander romance book. In all honestly I am just starting to read these books, so I am hoping I joined the right group..."

Rach~The Highlander luverrr | 57 comments Hello Ladies
wow a group on highlanders.. well i will admit to having a highlander obsession and would welcome any reccos i only have one little request .. th ebook needs to have sizzle .. (bedroom action)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Rach~The Highlander luverrr wrote: "Hello Ladies
wow a group on highlanders.. well i will admit to having a highlander obsession and would welcome any reccos i only have one little request .. th ebook needs to have sizzle .. (bedroo..."

I am in total agreement!!! I am addictive to anything Highlander!
I am happy to be here!!!!!

Rach~The Highlander luverrr | 57 comments hehehehe ..

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethCullen) | 4 comments I've posted a couple of times and decided I should come over here and introduce myself as well.

I recently got into Highland Romance and have become addicted. I even set up a separate category on my books so I could organize and keep track of the books I read. My favorite authors so far are Hannah Howell, Monica McCarty, Karen Marie Moning and Lisa Hendrix. But I'm always looking for new favorites. Hopefully, this is the place to do that!

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna (anna05) | 10 comments Hi I'm Anna, I enjoy reading a variety of genres including highlander romance. There's just something incredibly sexy about the way a good author describes them. So far I've really enjoyed books by Monica McCarty, Karen Marie Moning, Lynsay Sands and Mary Wine. Always up for suggestions though, so hope to find some new series to enjoy!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Kiki Silk - ES wrote: "Hey everyone!
Christ, I've been here like forever and I can't believe I've never introduced myself *blushes* I'm Kim, or you can call me Kiki. I hail from the Emerald Isle. I'm 27. Love to read, w..."

Yes Highlander!!!!!!!

Samantha **ParaNormal Romance Party** (TheParaNormalRomanceParty) | 7 comments Hello!! JUST JOINED XD
I'm Samantha, I just have to say I can't believe I didn't find this group sooner!! Im Mostly a PNR Junkie, but I decided to read Kresley Cole's Highlanders..after that I was hooked!! Sexy men, ruggad looks,**scottish Accents**..sighs.. anyway I'm kinda new, I've only read Cole n Garwood so far..LOVED THEM!! Let me kno of Must reads!!

P.S. Those skirts..i MEAN.. KILTS!! Always give me some Naughty images!!!XD

Rach~The Highlander luverrr | 57 comments welcome gals ...
besides
The Prize by Julie Garwood which is my fav
i reccomend these
Master of Surrender (Blood Sword Legacy, #1) by Karin Tabke
Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2) by Karin Tabke

message 21: by Tina (new)

Tina Hello everyone, I have read a few Highlander series and loved them. I am currently reading Outlander series. On Dragonfly In Amber right now (book2). Has anyone read this series?
How did you like it? I am thinking it is a little slow, but their are parts that I do enjoy.

Should I continue with the series? Love to here your opinion.

message 22: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 17 comments I've been told dozens of times it the best book! I just bought the first book this weekend! I'll keep you posted on what I think!

message 23: by Julianna (last edited May 12, 2011 06:51PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 10 comments Tina wrote: "Hello everyone, I have read a few Highlander series and loved them. I am currently reading Outlander series. On Dragonfly In Amber right now (book2). Has anyone read this series?
How did you like ..."

Tina, personally I love the Outlander series. If you're not into the kind of detailed writing that Diana Gabldon does, I can see how they might be a little slow. Out of the first three (all I've read so far), DIA was the slowest, but in my opinion, Voyager picked up the pace. It has lots of action and adventure.

message 24: by Tina (new)

Tina Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Tina wrote: "Hello everyone, I have read a few Highlander series and loved them. I am currently reading Outlander series. On Dragonfly In Amber right now (book2). Has anyone read this series?
How d..."

Thanks Julie, I just finished DFIA and really enjoyed the ending,and made me excited to start Voyager...so now I am onto Voyager.

message 25: by Alicia (last edited May 14, 2011 05:21PM) (new)

Alicia (lovecatsbooks) | 6 comments I recommend The Wedding Love it!!
One of my fav authors is Bertrice Small. Her books were my 1st highlander experience and i never looked backed. I own almost all of her books. Not all of them are highland based but a few of her series are :)

Rach~The Highlander luverrr | 57 comments Alicia are Beatrice small's books high in romance .. or light ??? get my drift heheheh

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hi, my names Catherine and I'm sort of addicted to the Highlanders! I have always enjoyed all things Scottish, but it has reached a fever pitch lately. I can't wait to discuss the beautiful highlanders with my fellow addicts. My daughter is graduating next weekend and guess what? The mascot for her college soccer team is a Scot! ;) Happy reading all, talk to you soon!

C

message 28: by Alicia (last edited May 16, 2011 03:00PM) (new)

Alicia (lovecatsbooks) | 6 comments Rach - depends which book it is. All have sex scenes.
A few of her books would definitely fall under erotica ;) ie Hellion & World of Hetar series. Those 2 are historical paranormal though.

Rach~The Highlander luverrr | 57 comments Thanks Alicia
dont think i have read a Historical PNR ... :)

message 30: by Sha Mslvoe (new)

Sha Mslvoe (mslvoe) | 76 comments Hello everyone,

I'm Nisha from Malaysia. I love to be in this group because I enjoy reading highlander stories. My favorite is Julie Garwood but since she's stop writing for historical I have tried few author like Julianne Maclean, Monica Mccarty and Paula Quinn. Love love their story. Oh not to forget the best highlander time travel Karen Marie Moning. I thinks Lynn Kurland have one in scottish romance "A Dance Through Time".

message 31: by Erin* (new)

Erin* | 12 comments Hello to the Highland Lovers,

I have gone through the list of recommended authors and book everyone in the introductions and no one has yet mentioned Bertrice Small. She is great! I recommend her to everyone that loves highland romances. I have read A Dangerous Love (The Border Chronicles #1) by Bertrice Small and have plans to read many more of hers. I also read The Guardian (Return of the Highlanders) by Margaret Mallory by margaret mallory, which I won on goodreads giveaways. It was also excellent and I can't wait for the next ones in that series.

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura (highlandhussy) | 654 comments Hi Clover! I loved The Guardian and how awesome you won it!

I see some names I never said hi to originally, so Hi guys! we've already chatted a bunch so it seems anticlimactic ;)

message 33: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (lovecatsbooks) | 6 comments Clover wrote: "Hello to the Highland Lovers,

I have gone through the list of recommended authors and book everyone in the introductions and no one has yet mentioned Bertrice Small. She is great! I recommend he..."

lol.... read msg 27, 28 and 30 ;)

message 34: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 287 comments Welcome to our group Clover (lovely name). I hope you will enjoy. Greetings also to Catherine, Nisha & Samantha "Miss Starlight".

message 35: by Sha Mslvoe (new)

Sha Mslvoe (mslvoe) | 76 comments Thanks Jocelin

message 36: by Erin* (new)

Erin* | 12 comments Alicia wrote: "Clover wrote: "Hello to the Highland Lovers,

I have gone through the list of recommended authors and book everyone in the introductions and no one has yet mentioned Bertrice Small. She is great! ..."

Oops! lol, I thought I had gone thru them all so I could add some of the authors I didn't have yet. Guess I did miss some.

message 37: by Erin* (new)

Erin* | 12 comments Laura the Highland Hussy wrote: "Hi Clover! I loved The Guardian and how awesome you won it!

I see some names I never said hi to originally, so Hi guys! we've already chatted a bunch so it seems anticlimactic ;)"

I totally recommend going to the giveaways page and checking it out. You'll be surprised on whats up there.

message 38: by Erin* (new)

Erin* | 12 comments Jocelin wrote: "Welcome to our group Clover (lovely name). I hope you will enjoy. Greetings also to Catherine, Nisha & Samantha "Miss Starlight"."

Why thank you and thank you for the compliment too :D. I am really looking forward to learning about the authors and stories everyone recommends. I'm so glad I was able to stumble upon this group.

message 39: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 10 comments Tina wrote: "Thanks Julie, I just finished DFIA and really enjoyed the ending,and made me excited to start Voyager...so now I am onto Voyager. "

Glad to hear that you ended up enjoying DFIA after all. That ending was quite the cliffhanger. I know the first time I read them, I had to immediately go on to Voyager to find out what happened next.:-)

Samantha **ParaNormal Romance Party** (TheParaNormalRomanceParty) | 7 comments Jocelin wrote: "Welcome to our group Clover (lovely name). I hope you will enjoy. Greetings also to Catherine, Nisha & Samantha "Miss Starlight"."

Thanx!!
I just finished The Prize by Julie Garwood and of course Garwood delivered!!!
Now wat should I read?!?

message 41: by Jocelin (last edited May 25, 2011 03:43PM) (new)

Jocelin | 287 comments Have you read The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty , The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2) by Monica McCarty or The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty . The best one out of the series was The Hawk. My least favorite was The Ranger: BOOOORRRIING!!!!!

message 42: by Sha Mslvoe (new)

Sha Mslvoe (mslvoe) | 76 comments Jocelin wrote: "Have you read The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty, The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2) by Monica McCarty or The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty. The best one out of the series was The Hawk. My least favorite was The Ranger: BOOOORRRI..."

I already ordered.

Rach~The Highlander luverrr | 57 comments Jocelin wrote: "Have you read The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty, The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2) by Monica McCarty or The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty. The best one out of the series was The Hawk. My least favorite was The Ranger: BOOOORRRI..."

I to found them Boaring ..

message 44: by Rach~The Highlander luverrr (last edited May 25, 2011 08:15PM) (new)

Rach~The Highlander luverrr | 57 comments Samantha how good was the PRIZE ..
were u laughing at all the jesting .. LOL
"chekmate" lollllllll

message 45: by ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...] (last edited May 26, 2011 05:15AM) (new)

ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 9 comments Hello everyone, this is Punya and I drool on them Highlanders on a regular basis! ;)

I've read novels from Julie Garwood, Lynsay Sands and recently been reading Kinley MacGregor. Loved a few other authors such as Teresa Medeiros and Julia London, who have a few good ones too. Looking forward to read some more new authors. This is a great place for recommendations! Also wish JG would bring out more of her Highlander magic, miss them seriously! :/

BTW: Did I mention that I'd so love the adorable Lisa Kleypas to write a Highlander novel? :p

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura (highlandhussy) | 654 comments Hey Punya!! I'd love for LK to write some Highlanders too! Wonder why she hasn't?

message 47: by ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...] (last edited May 26, 2011 01:58PM) (new)

ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 9 comments Not sure Laura, really. I wonder about it everyday. Why not? Her heroes are so yummy, I bet some Highlanders would only lighten up that list more. Did anyone ever ask her about it? I've never read/heard though.

message 48: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 287 comments Rach~The Highlander luverrr wrote: "Jocelin wrote: "Have you read The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty, The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2) by Monica McCarty or The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3) by Monica McCarty. The best one out of the series was The Hawk. My least favorite was The R..."

I absolutely LOOOOOVVVVED "The Hawk"; I only found "The Ranger" boring. I hope I didn't confuse anyone; if I did I am sorry. :)

message 49: by Laura (new)

Laura (highlandhussy) | 654 comments I agree that the Hawk was the best :)

message 50: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) Hi everyone. I have always love Scottish men in historical romances. The book that got it all started for me was Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon . I fell head over heels for Jamie Frasier and the love he and Claire had. Lately I have gotten into some good series like Captured by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean and Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning . I look forward to some recommendations from this group. I just can't seem to get enough of the Highlanders.

« previous 1 3 4