Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 169 comments Mod
Derek is a werewolf and member of the pack. thoughts on the character??

message 2: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments i love Derek. he's young considering the others in the Pack, but he's protective and loyal to Kate. i hate what happened to him in Magic Strikes. i got so pissed.

message 3: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 169 comments Mod
I wanted to hurt them really bad after what they did to Derek! I was like go Kate! Kick their ass! haha.

message 4: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments yea when she killed cesare: revenge is sweet. it's sad how they mutilated his previously pretty/handsome face :(

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments I like Derek a lot and I think his pretty or not so pretty face doesn't matter to the people who care about him - Julie for example! :)

message 6: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments It's so cute how Julie has a crush on Derek. And that's true, Kate and all people still love him anyways.

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments I wonder if Ilona Andrews have planned a story for Derek and Julie - I know that she is just a kid at the moment but she'll grow up eventually. Perhaps there is going to be a short story or somethin in the next few years! :)

message 8: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments That'd be really sweet, and besides she's not that young, and they don't have that big of an age difference. She's thirteen-fourteen? And he's nineteen, so it's not that bad :D

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments As I have been waiting for Hawke's and Sienna's story of the Psy/Changeling series for what feels like an eternity (it's going to come true in another 6 months!!!) I feel I have enough patience to wait for Derek and Julie as well.

message 10: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Lol is the series good? I've heard about it and I was going to read Slave to Sensation but I couldn't find it at the library or the store.

message 11: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Lol is the series good? I've heard about it and I was going to read Slave to Sensation but I couldn't find it at the library or the store.

message 12: by Karin Elisabeth (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments Seeker wrote: "Lol is the series good? I've heard about it and I was going to read Slave to Sensation but I couldn't find it at the library or the store."

Actually this series is not good, it's excellent. I do not love every single book - there are already nine of them! - but some of them are real favourites of mine!

message 13: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Cool, I'll check them out :D

message 14: by Trayana (new)

Trayana (shannarabg) | 2 comments Karin Elisabeth wrote: "Seeker wrote: "Lol is the series good? I've heard about it and I was going to read Slave to Sensation but I couldn't find it at the library or the store."

Actually this series is not good, it's ..."

Hey, Karin, how come nine books? I counted only 7 incl. the upcoming "Magic Slays"
- 5 Kate Daniels' world + 2 On the Edge.
Did I miss some book?
I know about the short story in "Must Love Hellhounds", but no other...

message 15: by Karin Elisabeth (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments Trayana.Grigorova wrote: "Karin Elisabeth wrote: "Seeker wrote: "Lol is the series good? I've heard about it and I was going to read Slave to Sensation but I couldn't find it at the library or the store."

Actually this ser..."

I'm afraid this is a misunderstanding - I was talking about Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series.

But as you mention the short story in "Must Love Hellhounds" - this is really, really good, too.

message 16: by valee (new)

valee I love Derek and I wanna read a whole book about him and Julie!

I was so sad when they attacked him. I wanted to inflict damage to someone really bad. But everything worked out all right. It's very obvious important things will come from this character, he's just too powerful to be a secondary character.

message 17: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I felt so bad for Derek after Magic Strikes!!!! Poor Derek! But I think it's so cute how Julie adores Derek even though he isn't as attractive. That has potential.

message 18: by Synobal (new)

Synobal So Derek for Wolf Alpha now that Daniel is dead?

message 19: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments No, I think Jennifer will remain the Wolf Alpha until she finds another mate or something

message 20: by Synobal (new)

Synobal Seeker wrote: "No, I think Jennifer will remain the Wolf Alpha until she finds another mate or something"

Jennifer for Derek's Mate. We all love older more experienced women.

message 21: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Well it's obvious there's a hinting of something going on between Julie and Derek, I highly doubt he'll end up with Jennifer...

message 22: by Synobal (new)

Synobal Seeker wrote: "Well it's obvious there's a hinting of something going on between Julie and Derek, I highly doubt he'll end up with Jennifer..."

Julie is like fourteen. I support Jennifer!

message 23: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments But there was NO indication whatsoever about anything Jennifer and Derek. Besides, Derek's nineteen. Jennifer's probably in her twenties or thirties. That's a WAY bigger age difference than with Julie. And Jennifer hates Kate, and Derek like worships Kate. He wouldn't go for Jennifer

message 24: by Synobal (new)

Synobal I can hope! Besides them not being perfect for each other is what makes it interesting, and Jennifer mating with Derek would be a step towards repairing her relationship with Kate.

message 25: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 26 comments I think she's mid to late 30s. The idea of Derek going for alpha though.. that's interesting.

message 26: by Bungluna (new)

Bungluna | 25 comments Jennifer never 'tried out' for alpha, she married into it. It would be interesting to know who the wolf betas are, and if they'll automatically step into the alpha role.

message 27: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments But does it mean that now that Daniel died, Jennifer will no longer be Alpha?

message 28: by Bungluna (new)

Bungluna | 25 comments In the previous Kate book, at the end when the debate was on about Kate's right to be Alpha, someone mentioned some female alpha who stepped down when her mate died. Can't look it up right now, but will try to find the quote.

message 29: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Oh....mhm that'll be interesting to see what happens...

message 30: by Bungluna (new)

Bungluna | 25 comments Found it. "Magic Bleeds", page 336, Barabas is telling Kate about mate protocol:

(Kate) "Can the Council remove me?"

Barabas "...Until the mate of an alpha proves herself, she is treated as a rank-and-file member and is subject to the authority of the Counci. This almost never happens. I could only find one case inthe last 20 years, where the alpha of Clan Wolf died before his mate could prove himself."

"What happened?"

"The mate stepped down."

I think Jennifer will step down.

message 31: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Ohhhh...wonder who the betas are then

message 32: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 26 comments Thanks for the quote!

message 33: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I don't think there's any possibility, or if there is one it's extremely slight, of Derek and Jennifer ending up together. I agree that it could be interesting but I just don't feel like that's where Ilona and Gordon want to take the series. I do hope that Derek becomes the wolf alpha. I wonder if that would pressure him into taking a mate sooner than he'd like. I can't remember which book, but didn't one of them say that Mahon tried to force Curran into picking a mate but he flat out refused?

message 34: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Oh yeah I totally agree like I want Derek as Alpha but not with Jennifer. That would just be....odd

message 35: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I think the oddness could make it interesting (I can just picture them bickering all day long) but I wouldn't want them to ever mate. I was thinking in terms of leadership not actually mating.

message 36: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah I meant if they actually got "together" that'd be just plain weird

message 37: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments Yeah...can't see that happening in a million years. I don't even think Derek would do something like that if a life and death scenario pended on it.

message 38: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah, it's meant to be Julie & Derek

message 39: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I think so too. And I think(but not totally sure) that Ascanio may be there to create a sort of love triangle. But maybe not.

message 40: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah true, but I ended up liking Ascanio after what happened with Julie, I think it was really sweet what he did

message 41: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I like him too; I hope he's in the next book in some way. And if there is a love triangle I think that Julie and Derek would end up together anyways.

message 42: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah true, Julie's had a crush on Derek since the first time she met him

message 43: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (dani15) | 168 comments I don't think it's the type of crush that fades either.

message 44: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments So true

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) I love Derek. He's one of my fave characters of all.

The scene how he was described after the beating in Magic Strikes floating in that tank broke my heart. Most emotional scene for me in the whole series.

But please, no romance between him and Julie!!! We have enough of that already. I love him being her big brother.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Seeker ~ Elarinya wrote: "Yeah true, Julie's had a crush on Derek since the first time she met him"

Wasn't she into Red even after she met Derek?

message 47: by Arushi (new)

Arushi | 124 comments The alphas don't need to be mates as well to rule together. Right now, Raphael and Aunt B are the Clan Bouda Alphas, and they are never gonna get together.

Jennifer might step down, especially since she's pregnant. After all, she can't get into fights now. So it'll matter who the Clan wolf betas are.

BUT, Kate has said multiple times that Derek was the future Wolf Alpha, and he might step up sooner than anyone expected. After all, he doesn't have much to do while working for Kate.

I loved the scene when Derek beat up Ascanio to 'defend' Julie. The big brother vibe was really clear there. He sees her like a sister, but she has a major crush on him. It'll lead to a lot of confusion.
I wonder how Ascanio will figure into this, especially now that Derek is sort of his role model (or the person he wants to beat up).

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) I'd love for Derek to be the future alpha wolf. But I somehow would love to see a bit more time pass until that happens. See him grow some more.

Do you think we could see this happening within the KD books? Like in the last book?

Ascanio and Derek are great together. I'd love to read a short story about those two. Some kind of adventure. LOL

message 49: by Arushi (new)

Arushi | 124 comments Maybe.. but you know.. he really has nothing to do right now, as was established when he asked Kate for a job.
But then again, he's not going to just leave Kate.. not to mention.. he is probably too young to be Alpha..

You're right.. he'll probably become alpha by the end of the series. There has been major charcter development in this series.. so I can always hope.

Not to mention there was that short story from Julie's POV that was supposed to come out(It was a snippet on IA website). That's gonna have a lot of Derek for sure.

What do you say to a Derek-Julie-Ascanio?

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Wait, wait, wait, tell me more about that Julie story. Do you know any details?

You mean a love triangle? Please no!!! But it's just that I don't need romance in the books. Hot sex - yeah (although I don't think those scenes are hot in the KD series, sorry)! But romance - not necessary. Those three would also be too predictable. The three teens in the books = teen love triangle. Do you like the idea?

« previous 1 3