The Mortal Instruments discussion

which TMI edition do u have. hardback or paperback?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) do u own TMI in hardback, paperback, both or none?

message 2: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Aug 30, 2010 02:43PM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 83 comments I have the first two in paperback and the last one in hardback. I want the hardback set tho, because I know I will buy the new ones as they come out in hardback and want the complete set. Oh and I have all of them on ebook too :)

message 3: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i had read them from the library so i dont have any and now since all 3 r in paperback now i wanted to get the paperback but i knoe the remaining 3 will come out in hardback first...ugh. do u remember when city of bones hardcover came out how long it was before the paperback came out.

this is one thing i hate about the hardback and paperback issue. if i get 3 in paperback i have to have them all in paperback. ill probally end up getting them al in hardback though.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah, I hate having split series where part are in hardback and part are in paperback. It must be an OCD thing. I have a couple of series that I started in paperback, but was forced to buy the more recent installments in hardback because that was the only thing available.

I got MI at the library not knowing anything about them, so I don't own them yet, although I pre-ordered CA. I'm actually glad that I got them at the library instead of purchasing them for my Nook first, because this one of my favorites and I'd prefer to own it in a real copy instead of digital.

I'm torn because I ordered CA in hardback, but really prefer the bigger shiny paperbacks that are out now. They're more comfortable to read. I really wish that publishers would release both formats at once.

message 5: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 83 comments I don't know but I think it usually takes about a year to come out in paperback. I started reading them right before City of Glass came out so that's all that was out at the time.

I'm the same with the hardback/paperbacks, I want them to look nice on my shelf.

message 6: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) well, i guess hardback it is. i mean, they r only about $10 but found cheaper for paper back and i like paperback better a little bit. but since ive read them, i can wait a bit b/c ill be buying so many other book release in the upcomming months. but of course ill be buying CA tomorrow. but i hate hard decisions like this, its like i knoe always buy hardback b/c that's m ostly what they will come in first and continue that and a while later release paperback. i just wish they released it at the same time. i hate that they cost so much in the store but online not such a bad price. i never buy hardback in store unless they r on sale, i think CA will be 20 or 40% tomorrow though, hopefully.

message 7: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments I have all of them in Paperback but i have CoG in Hardcover TOO!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments I have all three in hardcover. =] And CoG is signed by Cassandra Clare.

message 9: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) i have the MI books and CA all in hardcover =)
PS why wouldn't anyone want them in hardcover?!! i personally hate paperback :S

message 10: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) b/c they're cheaper...haha. im half and half on ther whole paperback vs hardback. i have things i like and dislike about both of them.

message 11: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 83 comments I'm half and half too.

Hard cover books look nicer on the bookshelf and are well made with better paper, easier to read etc. But they are bulky and sometimes awkward to read.

Paperbacks are cheaper, and I can bend the crap out of them, pass them to friends without worrying that they'll get messed up or anything.

I try to get hard cover's of all my favorites so that I have a nice copy.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Daylighter wrote: "i have the MI books and CA all in hardcover =)
PS why wouldn't anyone want them in hardcover?!! i personally hate paperback :S"

I like the big paperbacks (not the small romance novel type) because they're easier to read/hold than hardbacks. Plus, they're sturdier than the small ones so you don't have to worry as much about the spines ripping.

message 13: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 83 comments I like those ones too, kind of the best of both worlds. But other then teen books, you really can't find that many other books in that format.

message 14: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i knoe. i hate the really small paperbacks. i read it once and it looks tore up. i like the young adult paperbacks better. i mostly always get hardback though, b/c i ony buy books that r my favorite author, i usually try out book at the library first to see if i like it. hardbacks always look nice and always look brand new. paperbacks ware out so fast. well, maybe it the adult PNR and UF books i get that do

message 15: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments First 2 are paperbacks cause they r cheaper

message 16: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) paperbacks are always cheaper

message 17: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments HEy has it happpened t you guys cause my paperbacks the shine part of the MI books are peeling in and i had to cover them in tape

It will be One year since i bought CoB and Have been totally obssed with MI in Sept 24

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 08, 2010 09:09PM) (new)

i don't even know when i read the books. almost a year now, though. i have all three in hardcover. my brother got a boxed set from wal-mart. i like hardcovers

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I have all paperbacks, but I plan to upgrade.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

to hardcovers?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep.

message 22: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i buy all young adult books in hardback b/c i already knoe that if it cam out in paperback first and i bought it they would switch to hardback, so get from the library first anyway.