Delirity discussion

Author S > Guild Hunter - N. Singh

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 11, 2012 02:21AM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
She uses the phrase "sex on a stick" in this book and I think she was referring to the book itself. Talk about teasing and taunting!

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Tehehe, so true.

I really liked Angels Blood and the short story. Haven't read the second one yet. I admit it is because a lot of my friends didn't like it as much. I know I need to make my own decision, but I just haven't picked it up yet.

message 4: by Heather (new)

I have it on hold at the library. I'll read it as soon as I can.
I read the short story first. I spent this whole book wondering about the vamp. I didn't realize that the short story wasn't about Elaina until I got on here to say that I had read the story. It had me very confused for a while.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I liked the first one, really liked the short story that came out and was excited for the second one and was so dissapointed in it. The 3rd book will be a make or break book for me.

message 6: by Heather (new)

And I was so excited to get to book 2. I guess we'll see what happens.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments You could think different, so it will be interesting.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I really liked the second book.....there is another short story I have the kindle version so did not have to buy the entire book...just can't remember what anthology it is in...the story is Angels Pawn, it is about Ashwini

message 9: by Heather (new)

Good to know. I want to know about the blue angel. I think she could easily write another book on him.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments The blue guy is always good for a laugh.

message 11: by Heather (new)

The comment in the book about her room being blue and silver makes me want to redecorate. I can finally do light blue without it becoming too girly. If done right... My husband wouldn't care if I came home with flowers on the comforter, but I try not to torture him.

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather you should do a really girly room for him just to see if he says anything.

message 13: by Heather (new)

He wouldn't. He doesn't care as long as the bed is there and he can get to it to crash. I was looking at paint colors for the computer room and he handed me light pink as one of the options since I was looking at light colors. I'm not a pink fan, but he really wouldn't have cared if I picked it. Granted, last time he picked and I had light silver walls. It actually wasn't that bad, but he's a horrible painter so you could see where he missed places.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Heather wrote: "Good to know. I want to know about the blue angel. I think she could easily write another book on him."

A short story on Bluebell (I can't remember his actual name at the moment) would be great...I really like his character

message 15: by Heather (new)

Ilium?

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments that's it....

message 17: by Heather (last edited Aug 28, 2010 12:02AM) (new)

***(Maybe Spoiler???)***Archangel's Kiss

I'm a quarter way through book 2 and enjoying it, but I think I know where some of the dislike comes from. She's kind of grounded. It doesn't allow for the action to flow like it did in the first book because Elaina isn't up to par. There has been some action so far, but while she's still stubborn, some of the snark has gone out of her. She's trying to figure out who she is within the context of what she is and while that's happening we lose a bit of the character we fell for. I get that the transition needs to happen. I just hope the author remembers to bring her back once she's stronger. As for the plot being an issue (if it is with some of you), I'll find out as I read further.

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. **TIP: If you haven't read Angels Blood, do not read reviews or look at the covers for the next two books. Otherwise you'll ruin the AWESOME surprise ending of book one**

The style of this series reminds me of a cross between the Night Huntress books by Frost and Black Dagger Brotherhood by Ward. Frost since it follows an interesting, kick a$$ hero/heroine throughout the course of the books and the heroine is reluctant at first for the relationship. And BDB because of the darker, grittier feel and Raphael is such a hot, tough bad a$$.

I liked both Angels Blood and Archangels Kiss but for different reasons. Angels Blood was full of fast paced action, mystery and suspense. The original world building pulled me in, and I liked the introduction we received to Elena & Raphael's relationship. The surprise ending was FANTASTIC.

**spoiler warning**

Archangels Kiss I liked that the world building took a big step forward. It was cool seeing the Refuge, learning about the Angels' history, etc. This book had slower pacing than the first book, but I thought it seemed appropriate given that Elena was recovering from almost mortal injuries and a coma. I liked her training and snarky interactions with the Seven. And most of all I liked the character development--we learned so much more about Elena and Raphael both. I thought the relationship was well developaed, and realistic, eg, Elena dealing with her concerns about not becoming a puppet. The mystery of the killings in the refuge were also well done. What I thought could have been improved was the fight scene at the end--seems like there should have been more too it. But all in all, this is a great new series!

There's also another novella in this series:
Angels' Pawn GH Prequel (Guild Hunter, #0) by Nalini Singh

And book three is coming out soon:
Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh

message 19: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 02, 2011 12:10AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I could see where this series might be compared to Night Huntress, since it follows one couple teaming up together to fight the enemy.

Just finished the first book tonight and I liked it, but sort of wavered between 3 and 4 stars. It was good, but it didn't wow me the same way the first NH book did. The first half was sort of flat, but I really enjoyed the last 100 pages of the book, and I'm happy with what happened to Elena's situation and feel like it might make for an interesting future.

I know a couple people that aren't as crazy about the next couple of books, so I'm nervous to continue, but probably will just to see for myself.

message 20: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am one of those that isn't wowed by this series. So many think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

message 21: by Heather (new)

I just don't remember to add stuff unless someone tells me, or I'm reading it. I bought the third one, hence why it's taking me so long to read it.

message 22: by Zuleika (last edited Apr 03, 2011 08:06AM) (new)

Zuleika I really like the first and the second one (perfect mix of urbanfantasy (kick butt action) and PNR (steaming sex scenes :x) ), but with the third book I was getting kind of tired of Elena and Raphael. They are still very hot together, but the thing that bugged me was that Elena was STILL dealing with her ~issues. Obviously in real life people need more then a lifetime to sort through this stuff, but this is fiction and it got tiring to read the same thing over and over.

Looking forward to Dimitri's book though

message 23: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) Just finished the first one and I really enjoyed it! The second one doesn't sound like it'll be as good, so not in a hurry, but a Dimitri book? Sign me up :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments No kidding. I think I'd rather read about Dimitri. :)

message 25: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I thought the series started out strong but i didn't love the most recent installment. Archangel's Consort - I found it moved slow, I'm hoping the next one is better!

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌		 (vivianvivianvivian) I love this series! The first book really is fantastic (i especially love the ending! it was so sweet). The Elena/Raphael pairing is one of my favourites as well :)

message 27: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments Although I didn't love book 3 I thought Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh was a strong installment!

message 28: by Heather (new)

I'm still in the middle of it. I really need to finish the last 100 pages.

message 29: by Heather (last edited Jun 13, 2013 10:07AM) (new)

Hey! I finally found my copy of Archangel's Consort. I had about 80 pages left in it when I decided to clean my dresser. Next thing I know, it's been more than two years and I haven't been able to find it. Apparently it dropped down behind some books on my shelves and I didn't think to look behind them. I have a row of Ken Follett books and nothing else should be anywhere on the shelf. I must have put it down on top of them so I could pick it back up. Oops! That must also mean that I got tired of spring cleaning last year before I actually got to my book shelves in the office. Go figure.

message 30: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I finished Archangel's Legion last night. I have really enjoyed the last two books in this series but this was by far my favourite so far.

I think Nalini Singh opened up an amazing new plot line. I am really looking forward to where she will take the series next!

message 31: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Jessica B wrote: "I think Nalini Singh opened up an amazing new plot line. I am really looking forward to where she will take the series next!"

I agree with you. I also found myself not hating Elena's father quite so much.

message 32: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Read first book and enjoyed it not caring about the summary of the second so I am not sure when I will get to it.

message 33: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Chakara wrote: "Read first book and enjoyed it not caring about the summary of the second so I am not sure when I will get to it."

For me this series got better with each book. I was so so with the first one.

message 34: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Darcy wrote: "Chakara wrote: "Read first book and enjoyed it not caring about the summary of the second so I am not sure when I will get to it."

For me this series got better with each book. I was so so with t..."

I found myself interested with the idea and not Raphael and Elena and now that the idea of it is old to me and I see how the world works I'm not sure if I want to follow the main characters on another formulaic journey.

message 35: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Chakara wrote: "I found myself interested with the idea and not Raphael and Elena and now that the idea of it is old to me and I see how the world works I'm not sure if I want to follow the main characters on another formulaic journey."

Book #4 is when it starts to be a couple of the book type of thing.

message 36: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Read the first, really enjoy her writing