Start by marking “Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)

Archangel's Blade

(Guild Hunter #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  27,779 ratings  ·  1,747 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh is back in the shadows of a deadly, beautiful world where angels rule, vampires serve, and one female hunter must crawl out of the darkness to survive…

The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to
Mass Market Paperback, 310 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Berkley Sensation (first published May 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Blade, please sign up.
Solaris For Archangel's Blade, Raphaelena don't make many appearances in this book. Dmitri's arc has him pondering on a few things concerning Raphael and…moreFor Archangel's Blade, Raphaelena don't make many appearances in this book. Dmitri's arc has him pondering on a few things concerning Raphael and Elena here and there, from his viewpoint---and Honor hers; but otherwise, archangel and hunter angel are very much on the sidelines here.

Archangel's Storm is good and more oriented toward the overall series theme and plot---but since I love Jason, I liked this book. And Raphaelena make a few more but albeit brief appearances with their POV arcs! :)

*How are these two books relevant to the overall story of Raphael and Elena? My impression is that part of it is to show how since Raphael changed from being alone and unreachable, to finding love and a mate, that is now subsequently affecting the single males of his Seven to finding lasting loving relationships as well. (Galen breaks that theme, though, since he's already been with Jessamy for the long haul. But otherwise, yeah.)

Hope this is helpful! (less)

·  27,779 ratings  ·  1,747 reviews

Start your review of Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
Jilly
Remember how I always say that I like alpha men as long as they don't cross that line into dick-dom? Well, Dmitri crosses that line and then dances in dick territory while flipping me off. Yeah, I pretty much wanted to kill him this whole book.

Yes. While I was reading this book, this seemed like the most rational response..

So, instead of focusing on Elena and Raphael during this book, we get to have aclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Catherine
I’ve tried to figure out how to write my review honestly without giving spoilers, but I just can’t. My major dislike involved a plot point that I would consider to be a spoiler, so be wary and don’t read it unless you really want to know.

Dmitri, I’m happy to say, is still the same guy we first saw in Angels’ Blood. He’s wicked and naughty, and still has that disturbing vein of cruelty. He was, I have to admit, one of the members of the Seven that I was least interested in, but I really got
Choko
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 4 ***

Another Wednesday, another UF-PNR gem for the BB&B's.

Dmitri. Really, Nalini? From all the wonderful and fascinating characters you could have gone with for the fourth book of the series and you choose Dmitri??? The one obviously sick, deprived, misogynistic, and antipathetic vampire whom we all wonder why Raphael is tolerating as his second? Wow! I actually thought that Nalini had lost her mind and had decided to commit series suicide with this choice for a leading man.
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Almost rated this 2 stars, but then we got to the ending and it was so retardedly cheesy that it's now 1 star. Let's list all the ways I hated this book.

1. Dmitri is an asshole and I haven't liked his stupid vampire ass since book 1. I had little to no hope that he'd be worthy of a book and pull his head out of his ass for a beloved. I was right, he's still a douche, even when in love. His crappy personality doesn't change.

2. Who the hell pairs up a BDSM evil vampire (Dmitri) with a Hunter (H
Katie(babs)
Let me start by saying that Archangel’s Blade may be Nalini Singh’s best work to date and quite possibly her best hero she's created with the vampire Dmitri. Yes, ladies and gentleman, while I read Archangel’s Blade I forgot about my favorite Singh character, Kaleb, from Nalini’s Psy/Changeling series. Now that’s something astonishing because out of all Nalini's male characters, Kaleb is the end all and be all for me (Lucas Hunter from Slave to Sensation comes in a close second). Dmitri is unlik ...more
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I am amazed by this book. I had been looking forward to it but Dmitri was actually my least favourite of Raphael's Seven so it was more a case of reading this one to get to the next one. Which me brings me back to the amazement. I loved this book and it is actually my favourite in the whole series so far.

Dmitri in the previous books is lethal and beautiful, sensual and cruel and in this book he is no different, he is all those things, but he is also more. You see a different side and
Robin (Bridge Four)
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Solid 4.5 Stars

Read with the Wednesday UF crew at Buddies Books & Baubles

Dmitri’s book….I thought that his character had the most growth potential so far and I was not wrong. Were/Are you scared to read Dmitri’s book because in the first three he seemed like an unapologetic arrogant ass? I mean his actions thus far towards Elena have made him questionable in my eyes but then there is that fierce devotion to Raphael he has so I always felt that he couldn’t be all bad.

Well well well I was not dis/>Dmitri’s
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

WOW! Once again I bow at the altar of Nalini Singh. Seriously, she is an author goddess who has created not one, but two amazing, unique series that I love. Archangel’s Blade is another phenomenal read that I devoured in one sitting and savored like the finest dark chocolate, which is fitting with a complex hero like Dmitri.

Vampire Dmitri is in two words...sexual chocolate. He’s dark, alluring, enigmatic, seductive, dangerous, addictive, powerful, ruthless,
chan ☆
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
didn't love this one... but not for the usual reasons

this is going to sound bad but im not entirely convinced that nalini singh knows how to write a steamy romance. sure there is sex, confessions of love, etc. but where is the romance???

i really enjoyed the plot in this one and i enjoyed how this story felt more complete than previous installments (probably since this couple only gets one book) but the romance was so lackluster for me. i think other reviewers were unhappy with dmitr
Jayme
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Dia
Mar 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I hope Nalini Singh brings Elena and Raphael back in her 5th book... Its not that I wouldn't love to read Dmitri's story (4th book) but I kind of got attached to Elena and Raphael <3... I want to know how they "get along" with Raphaels Mom... :)) and I realy, realy, realy want to know if there will be a little Raphelena xD... Them having a baby would be such an amazing development to the story (in my opinion) :)
But nonetheless... I'm waiting excitedly for this talentet writer to bring o
Jo
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

12/10/2016 Buddy reading with my awesome friends over at BB&B. I would not have survived this gutting book without them.

“I will love you even when I am dust on the wind.”

A severed head with a distinctive tattoo, leads Raphael’s second, vampire Dmitri to cross paths with Guild Hunter Honor. And to a fierce attraction he hadn’t felt in a thousand years.

Even though Honor has never met Dmitri, she has been obsessed with him since she was old enough to understand the violent emotions he made her feel

them.

Mandi Schreiner
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read the first three Guild Hunter books, you’ve met Dmitri. The dark and dangerous vampire that is Archangel Raphel’s second in command. He loves to wrap his strong arousal scent around women and has had many, many go through his bed. He teases and seduces Raphael’s mate, Elena, but this is allowed to happen because Raphael trusts him with his and his mate’s life. But Raphael also knows Dmitri’s secrets and what happened so many years ago that broke him.

Dmitri has not alway
Sharon
Fuck this book for making me cry every other chapter.

This book has made me utterly devastated and scared and heartwarmed, and more conflicting, mixed emotions. It is a book that is heavy on the torture and trauma and inhumane acts. It is also a book about survival and changes and romance and friendships. I appreciate seeing Honor fight – to get angry at those who dared to make her feel like an animal – and yet, she still has good in her. She didn’t let them make her into a monster to
Aly is so frigging bored
Nov 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!!
5*+++
This book broke my heart. To learn about both their past was heartbreaking!
Dmitri stayed true to his new self, he wasn't that man from the past anymore and I loved NS for not trying to tone him down.
From the start finding out about Honor was very hard. What she had to go through made her more... just more. I loved that she was able to tell him this even after all she went through:

I want a hundred lifetimes with you.

It was unexpected seeing the mortal, ex one, Holly Chang in the book, and Ashwini too. I am thinthrough:
Lady Heather
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nalini Singh's Guildhunter series, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance luvvas
"5-My Blade is Yours Stars!"

This book broke me.
In the first books in the series, Dmitri is portrayed as a cold-blooded, pain seeking, brutal leader.
But, once you read this book and get his backstory and history, your heart breaks for the things he's had to endure and what he's had to live through (and without) for almost an eternity.

I absolutely loved Dmitri and Honor's story!
Honor is perfect for Dmitri in every way.
Mimi
There was a good reason for my abandoning this book a couple of years ago: too much pain and suffering, which isn't exactly what I have issue with. It's the way these things are written about that bothers me. You can't slip in sexy times or eye-sexing in between episodes of PTSD, or while on a hunt for a depraved killer, and expect me to take the story seriously. Bad timing is incredibly bad here.

So many issues, but where to begin. I have to emphasize one thing right away though. Thi
valee
Apr 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
And NS does it again!
I just can't help but ADORE Nalini Singh. She always gives me what I have been waiting for, I still have to find a book from her which I don't infatuate about. Each and every single of her books have been unique and special and all of them fascinating.

Let's talk about the hero...
I must admit I didn't like Dmitri before I started to know him better, not one bit. But then we got to read a whole book about him and I just got so badly obsessed and in love with him. How not to? Dar/>Let's
Ren Puspita
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans who loved and addicted to angel
I will love you even when I am dust on the wind

Archangel's Blade is the last book I read for 2011 and I'm happy to end 2011 with a great book. Kudos to Ms Nalini Singh who again delivered a masterpiece with her new installment of the dark, gritty, cruel, lethal and sensual series,Guild Hunter. Yet its beautiful and romantic, make me don't want to stop reading her books.

I'm never like Dmitri since the beginning, and prefer his sire Raphael (sigh). But I'm glad Ms Nalini do him justice at his own book. He
Kira
June 9, 2012: 2 stars
Oct. 19, 2016: 1 star

I did my best to go into this with an open mind. The details of the book were hazy at best, but I remembered quite well my dislike of it. I liked some of the other books in this series better the second time around, so I figured it may be the same with this. Boy was I wrong. It was sheer torture to get through this, and I skimmed it like crazy.

Dmitri deserves a special place in hell where he can suffer for all eternity.
June 9, 2012: 2 stars
Oct. 19, 2016: 1 star

Dmitri deserves a special place in hell where he can suffer for all eternity.

He is a cold, rotten bastard, and that’s putting it nicely. There is no redemption to be found for him. Love doesn’t change him. He didn’t soften up the slightest bit.

The way he treated women who had been through trauma was deplorable. If they had a hard time dealing with it, they were weak. Well FU Dmitri! Having emotions doesn’t make someone weak. He must equate strength with being heartless since that’s what he is. He provoked Honor to get a rise out of her, which was cruel IMO.

Likeability was certainly an issue with Dmitri. To combat that problem his oh so tragic back story was introduced. Apparently the loss of loved ones was supposed to excuse centuries of douchebaggery. It didn’t fly with me. Plenty of others had lost more and turned out better.

It didn’t help that Honor was boring. The way other characters viewed her wasn’t how I saw her. She was a survivor but aside from that was ordinary. Nothing about her and Dmitri made sense until the cheesy romance trope came into play.

I figured out their special connection about a third of the way into the book. I didn’t want to keep reading after that. Dmitri was too alpha to have such a pathetically endearing love story, and he’s just not the kind of character I want to find happiness. Eternally brooding over his misery suits him better. Nothing about this book was worth reading. There wasn’t even anything useful about the overarching plots with the angels to be learned.
Felicia
OKAY so listen, this author serves up smutty stuff in fantasy/sci-fi worlds, and I read it unashamedly, the worlds are so well-drawn that I can't stop reading, even though the naughty bits go a BIT far for my personal taste. I particularly am enjoying the Guild Hunter series even more than the Psy-Changeling series. So this sort-of spinoff in that universe was so exciting to me. Dmitri has been a cruel bastard but an interesting character, and the intro of Honor's fragile background was differen ...more
Hannah
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I somehow do not want to read anything but those books. They are just so very very readable and I am so through with the year and just want something fun.

Review to come.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Sensual.
Beautiful.
Lethal.

These are the words that Nalini uses to describe Dmitri and these are the same words that I’d use to sum up this book.

Archangel’s Blade steps out of the Elena and Raphael story arc and into Dmitri’s world. While Dmitri wasn’t my favourite of the Seven at first, this book completely changed my mind. I knew that there was going to be something dark about Dmitri’s past. But never would I have guessed that it would turn out the way it did.
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Archangel’s Blade brings a slight shift to the Guildhunter series with Raphael & Elena not being the main focus, but rather Dmitri & Honor taking center stage. This shift is paired with a tonally much darker story and as such was definitely harder to read than the previous books, but still fascinating nonetheless. There is a murder mystery plot, and some nice little cameos and interactions between established characters, but the developing relationship between these two and a deeper insi ...more
Melindeeloo
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of Singh's Guild Hunters I am ashamed to admit that I was not looking forward to Archangel's Blade. Raphael's Second, vampire Dmitri, with his taste for pain and the way that he has wielded his deadly sensuality as a weapon in previous books, was just too cruel for me to imagine as a leading man, so I did not expect to like his story. However, the first third of Archangel's Blade was so captivating that even though I still wasn't sold on Dmitri, I found myself turning the pages as Singh ...more
Maria Dimitrova
Buddy read with the Hunters of BB&B !

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

At first I didn't think that pairing Dmitri and Honor would be a good idea. In fact I thought it's an awful idea. Because Honor is the survivor of a vicious vampire attack and months of torture at their hands. And as we all know Dmitri is a sick SOB with a sadistic streak a mile wide. The pushy bastard doesn't know the meaning of the word mercy or when to back down. Part o me always hated him a little for the way he treat
Seffra
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: put-on-hold
I liked this book but I didn't love it. I loved Honor and her strength, she's been through Hell and she came out stronger than before. She fought for her happiness, tooth and nail.

Dmitri was someone I wasn't feeling and he was the reason I had put this on hold. I grew to like him a bit more but I didn't fall in love with him. It was a more me than him thing. I couldn't buy his character but he did endear himself to me.

Will I continue this series ? That's a "maybe". Jason is intriguing to me so
Archangel's Blade is the fourth installment in author Nalini Singh's paranormal romance series: Guild Hunter. When I realized that Elena and Raphael's story would be ending as a focal point in book #3, I considered just dropping the series. That's how much I loved their journey. Plus, the fourth book is focused on Dmitri. Why???? I hated Dmitri in the first three books. He had zero redeemable qualities in my opinion. But goodreads can be pretty persistent with book recommendations, and eventually I succumbed to th ...more
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Hmm... I don't know what to think of this one... The plot was predictable. The story reminded me a bit of Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1) female character wise with both main heroines with tortured souls. Different pain, but pain nothing-less. At the same time it was all different. I was a bit disappointed in the twist, which was predictable and easy to figure out, but Dmitri didn't disappoint. I love his coldness, his loyalty to Raphael; I just hope it never changes. Honor was alright, but not my favorite fe ...more
Aisling Zena
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Turning Pages At ...: Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4) (PNR Buddy Read) by Nalini Singh 45 10 Sep 01, 2019 02:25AM
Nalini Singh Fans: Archangel's Blade (#4) <SPOILERS> 2 12 Jan 24, 2019 01:55PM
A Million More Pages: 4 - Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter): Jul 20 19 14 Jul 30, 2015 10:36AM
Nalini Singh Fans: Archangels Blade (# 4) 125 296 Jul 21, 2015 08:45AM
Does this happen in your library ? 8 82 Apr 30, 2014 01:33AM
Am I the only one? 31 453 Jan 23, 2014 10:51AM

• Angels Of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Guild Hunter #0.6; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse #9.2)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
I will love you even when I am dust on the wind. 277 likes
“Ever had a woman say no to you, Dmitri?”

“Once.” He turned the corner with a smile that made her want to cup his face, trace those beautiful lips with her own. “I married her.”
193 likes