Delirity discussion

Author M > Dark Swan - R. Mead

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Oct 20, 2013 05:22PM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I saw that so I made the thread for you. A few of us have had this on our TBR's for a while. Let us know if we should move it up the list.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I have been meaning to read this forever. I didn't really like Georgina's character in the Succubus series, but my friend thinks I will like this one better.

Too bad I already have my S and T letters taken care of for the A-Z challenge, or I would use these.

message 4: by Heather (new)

I couldn't believe you didn't like Georgina. Oh well.

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I really wanted to. I liked a lot of aspects of the book, but Goeorgina was so annoying to me. She kept making the same stupid mistakes and then she tried to make it seem like she was self sacrificing, when I just saw her as a big stupid hoe.

OMG, sorry. I didn't hate her, she just really bugged me. I LOVED Carter though! Maybe if him and her became an item I would like it more, lol.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Haha. Carter is kind of great.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I really liked this series. I do think the second book is much better than the first one. I am really looking forward to the next one.

PS - I want Carter and Georgina to end up together, I know it won't happen because then Carter would have to fall, but....

message 8: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments Another series I loved. Richelle Mead happens to be my favourite author. I loved Eugenie just as much as Georgina and Rose. I think RM writes really great characters.

I agree with Darcy, the second book was much better than the first. I read a preview for the next Eugenie book and I wish I wouldn't have because now it is goign to be even harder to wait for the next one.

***Spoiler***
I really didn't like Kiyo from the start. But I fell for Dorian almost immediately!

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Book #2 is much better than the first one, keep reading Sabrina.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I know what you mean Sabrina. I really wanted to like Kiyo, but he just ends up being an ass, where Dorian really gets her. He isn't perfect by no means, but you know right away what he is up to as he is pretty up front.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I totally get what you are saying Sabrina. It is a good thing that the new one comes out soon.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I didn't want to like Dorian but by the end of book 1 I was only too happy to be on his team.

Kiyo was a jerk. At the end I was jumping ship as his character sunk.

message 13: by Heather (new)

I really liked these two. I feel bad for waiting so long to read them.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments One good think about waiting so long is that now you don't have to wait long for the next one to come out in March.

message 15: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I already have them, but haven't read them yet. My friend loves them and has been dying for the third book to come out. I promised I will read them before the third one comes out.

message 16: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Gosh, I hope this one is. I didn't like Georgina (the character). If this one is worse I will start to loose faith in RM even though I love VA.

message 17: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Stacia wrote: "I laughed at my old comment. Wow, it's been a long time since I tried to read the first one and I've just never come back to it. For whatever reason, it ended up getting bumped from my challenge r..."

It is hard to say which one is better, they are so very different. I think both are good and look forward to each one.

message 18: by Heather (new)

I liked the first Georgina better, but I don't know about series for series.

message 19: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I finally bought the first book in this series called Storm Born. Cant wait to start reading BOOOOOOO work.

message 20: by Enjee (new)

Enjee Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3) by Richelle Mead

I bought #3 at BAM today...

message 21: by Heather (new)

Jealous.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "Gosh, I hope this one is. I didn't like Georgina (the character). If this one is worse I will start to loose faith in RM even though I love VA."

I will say that the series got better and better with each book.

Because I ended up enjoying GK so much and already loved VA, I will have to give this series a second chance now.

message 23: by Heather (new)

This series surprised me. I started it a few times, but just thought it was going to be some ditzy girl running around in circles. She does run in a few circles, but once things took off I just wanted to know how things would work for her. I don't know if I'm going to buy book 3 or wait until 6 months from now when my library can steal it from somewhere else.

message 24: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Read this awhile ago and gave it two stars, but I don't remember much about it, other than that I hated the fox guy (I heard he even gets worse throughout the series). def. going to reread it

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Ooo I want to read these too! I loved her Georgina series and VA (obviously) so I'm hoping these are worth a go too.

message 26: by Heather (new)

It's one of those books where you either get sucked into the world or you don't. Give it at least 100 pages if you can because the character is just as clueless as you are in the beginning. I think book two got better.

message 27: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 80 comments Just order these books... Have heard really great things about this series can't wait till I get to read it.

message 28: by Ali (new)

Ali | 43 comments So i just finshed Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead and i am not sure how i feel about Dorian vs. Kiyo. (view spoiler)

message 29: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 80 comments They came in the mail today :0)

message 30: by Dru (new)

Dru (steensgirl) | 3 comments I read/ currently reading this series. I'm more of a Dorian fan myself

message 31: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments With the last book that came out I am disgusted with both of them!

message 32: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments Has anyone else read Shadow Heir (Dark Swan, #4) by Richelle Mead ? It was my first book finished in 2012. I really enjoyed the read even though I tend to block out certain parts.

message 33: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 13, 2012 11:12PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I read it. It was my least favorite of the series, but I still enjoyed it. The ending was sort of open, but I felt like it was hinted at pretty strongly that (view spoiler) so it didn't bother me.

The only thing that still bothers me is (view spoiler)

message 34: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am still waiting to get a copy from the library. :(

message 35: by Heather (new)

I think I waited to read book 4 for so long that I really just don't care about the characters anymore. It's not going badly at all, but I haven't gotten sucked in yet. I don't think it's the writing. I think I've just become detached from the series after all this time.

message 36: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather wrote: "I think I waited to read book 4 for so long that I really just don't care about the characters anymore. It's not going badly at all, but I haven't gotten sucked in yet. I don't think it's the writi..."

I was annoyed with a big choice that Eugine made at the the end.

message 37: by Heather (new)

I can see that.

message 38: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Another series not started but owned