Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > Mortal Instruments!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments OK so I am finally reading this series. I know most of you have read them, so bare with me. I LOVE JACE AND CLARY!! Oh my these books are great!!!
So I thought it would be fun if each of you chose an actor/actress to play Jace and Clary. You can do Alec and Isabelle too if you want.
If you can, paste a pic of your favorite actor to play Jace and actress to play Clary.
Can't wait to see them all!!
PS. I am only half way through the 2nd book, so I still don't know what happens in thier unique love affair!!

message 2: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2941 comments It's a really good series, lots of twist and turns, you'll love it as much as I did. I read it twice and then listened to an audio on our trip to FL. The kids loved it too. My youngest daughter didn't want to get out of the car when we arrived at our destination. Her new series, the Clockwork Angel come out soon.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela  | 2 comments I enjoyed reading this series! I feel for Jace hard (lol). I cannot wait until Clockwork Angel comes out! Also I went to Cassandra Clare's signing in NYC last Wed and she announced that she is extending The Mortal Instrument Series!!! It was supposed to end with City of Glass but then she went one and wrote City of Fallen Angels which Im extremely happy about! There will be 2 more books after that one.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This is my favorite UF series for YA.

I preordered Clockwork Angel and am happy that it will be showing up this month along with Mockingjay.

City of Glass felt like it had closure for me, but I won't complain that there are more books on the way!

*Mrs. Brightside* Aha, I'm gonna start this series tomorrow! Can't wait(;

message 6: by Laura Beth (new)

Laura Beth (tampabookworm) There are more to the series coming out too! City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Hey y'all! Anyone have any thoughts on actors/actresses for jace and clary??

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Laura wrote: "There are more to the series coming out too! City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare"

Yeah, this one revolves around Simon! But, I'm sure we will get some Jace and Clary thrown in also.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Angela wrote: "I enjoyed reading this series! I feel for Jace hard (lol). "

I love Jace. Sometimes I want give him a big hug and sometimes I want to give him a swift kick in the bum. He can be such a smart@ss sometimes but then he can turn around and be so darn sweet. Kinda like those SourPatch Kid commercials. LOL!

message 10: by Mairead (last edited Aug 11, 2010 09:50AM) (new)

Mairead | 164 comments OKay, here's a few.

Alex Pettyfer: Jace

[image error]

Molly Quinn: Clary

David Henrie: Simon

Nina Dobrev: Isabelle

Adam Gregory: Alec

Love this series. It's amazing. so well written, twisty turny, and so much fun. COA was my favourite. Simon and Isabelle are adorable.

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) Mairead wrote: "OKay, here's a few.

Mairead, I love this! They totally look like I imagined.

Love this series. It's amazing. so well written..."

message 12: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Thank You! :D I love imaginary casting. It's so much fun.

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela  | 2 comments Jessa ♥§♥metalgirl80♥§♥ wrote: "Laura wrote: "There are more to the series coming out too! City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare"

Yeah, this one revolves around Simon! But, I'm sure we will get some Jace and Clary thrown..."

City of Fallen Angels doesnt revolve around Simon. That is what Cassandra Clare said at the siging. It is going to told in multiple POVs. She said she was writing a story about Simon but dropped it because she didnt like it. I actually recorded some of the F&A part of the signing b4 my camera cut out. I should upload it.

And OMG Mairead!! Great cast pics! The Jace guy you picked is HOT! And that is pretty much a perfect Clary! You are good!

Jessa that is one of the things I love about Jace, his smart @ss LOL

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) OH, thanks for the info Angela. I didn't know she changed her mind about Simon.

And, yes...Jace's sarcasm is one of his best traits. ;)

message 15: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2941 comments Great casting, especially Moly as Clary! I heart Jace too.

message 16: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Mairead wrote: "OKay, here's a few.

LOVE your choices. You got simon perfect!! LOL
I love the Jace and Clary choices too! ha!! you did a good job!!

Love this series. It's amazing. so well written..."

message 17: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Yeah. no one ever says David Henrie for Simon, but he even has the personality down. I've pretty much been fake casting all summer. It's fun, and I get bored easily. =P lol

message 18: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Ok everyone! Lets do some casting for Mortal Instruments!
Post your fovorite actors for Jace, Clary, Isabelle, Alec, Luke and Magnus!!

message 19: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Mairead wrote: "Yeah. no one ever says David Henrie for Simon, but he even has the personality down. I've pretty much been fake casting all summer. It's fun, and I get bored easily. =P lol"

please tell me how you paste the pictures in the feed. My computer won't do it evern if I copy the url...the picture never pops up???

message 20: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Okay, you use the triangle bracket thing ( this thing= <) then img then a space and src= post image url here and close bracket (this thing= >)

Last time I tried posting it, it wouldn't show the formula. Hope that makes sense.

Already posted mys favourite main guys. Can never find a right Magnus, so I just joke around and say Adam Lambert. :P

message 21: by Mairead (last edited Aug 12, 2010 06:27AM) (new)

Mairead | 164 comments For want of anyone batter, I actually think this guy would be a pretty decent Luke.

Scott Patterson: Luke

[image error]

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (imahoodieninja) | 170 comments oh Scott Patterson.. Good Luke!
And Mairead Very good Alec!

message 23: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments I know right. Thank you. He'd be a good Alec.
Plus he's hot. Seriously hot! :D

message 24: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments For some reason I see magnu a black guy with dreads. Haha. I don't even remember her describing him. I see him like Laurent from new moon.

message 25: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments He's meant to half-asian and look about nineteen with crazy glittering black hair and green cat eyes.
Weirdly, I see him as a kind of Hugh-Dancy look alike with Blue hair. =P

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments If were gonna change him and make him black, I totally see him as Lafayette from True Blood! Fierce and strong!

message 27: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Ha, Lafayette is awesome.

message 28: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 103 comments You guys make me want to read that series again......Love all the picks

message 29: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Jennifer wrote: "If were gonna change him and make him black, I totally see him as Lafayette from True Blood! Fierce and strong!"

LOLOLOLOL

message 30: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Mairead wrote: "Okay, you use the triangle bracket thing ( this thing= )

Last time I tried posting it, it wouldn't show the formula. Hope that makes sense.

Already posted mys favourite main guys. Can never fi..."

Ok sorry I am a little confused...I start of with < then do I type in img and src and then copy the url and then end with >?? I am so confused. What is img and src?
Duh! I am a little slow :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r)

I like her for Clary.

as for how to post the pics...

Take this link and copy it :

{img src="http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photo...

Replace the { at the beginning with a <.
It's impossible to post a complete link or the picture will show up instead, so I have to break the link by swapping out the correct symbol for an incorrect one.

Replace the website picture part of the link within the quotations with your own website link

Test it on preview to see if it works before posting it.

message 32: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Stacia (new) (new) wrote: "

I like her for Clary.

as for how to post the pics...

Take this link and copy it :

{img src="http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photo......"

You're far better at explaining stuiff then me! :D I love posting pics.

message 33: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments

message 34: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments YAY LOOK STACIA I did it!! Thanks for helping. I had to read the directions like 5 times before I got it. Duh, I feel so slow!
Yall have some great ideas about Jace and Clary.
Let's see what the rest of you think!!

message 35: by Danielle (last edited Aug 13, 2010 10:18AM) (new)

How about this girl for Clary?

message 36: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) She looks like a good one. Very cute!

message 37: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments This is pretty much how I see Jace.

message 38: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments This is how I see Luke

message 39: by Danielle (new)

HOT!!!!

message 40: by Silvia (new)

Silvia     (pulgita2001) | 108 comments I like all the suggestions.

message 41: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 16, 2010 02:49PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) @Danielle

Here is the guy you want as Jace in his next movie trailer http://beastlythemovie.com/

The trailer loads when you click on the link. You don't have to navigate to it.

I thought that I had posted it in this group, but realized it was on another thread in another group.

message 42: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments How did I miss this in the theaters? I can't see the trailer on my iPhone. I will look at it when I get to a computer. Thanks for posting.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I like this guy for Alec.....

[image error]

message 44: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Who is he?

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I actually have no idea, Mairead. He's a model, that's all I know. I ran across his pic on the net but I didn't find his name. He is very cute, huh?

message 46: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments He's adorable. He has lovely eyes. :D
Nice lips too. ;)

message 47: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frencett) | 19 comments Wow - you guys are good! All of those suggestions would be perfect. I hate it when they cast people who really have no resemblence to the character in the book.

message 48: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments I know. It sucks. I hate when they can't portray the characters more so. Like they can't get the personality right, or make a likable character annoying as hell.
Hell, I'm gonna say it, like the chick who played Annabeth in PJ&O. She would have made a better Clarisse.

message 49: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 18, 2010 01:56PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I can't tell you how annoying it was to see Annabeth as a brunette. The actress that played her is cute and seems to be able to act well enough, but she wasn't right for "that" role.

The Lightning Thief movie was so far removed from the book it was frustrating. A little bit of film/director liberty is fine, but that much was horrible.

Although I liked Logan as Percy. He was a little old to play Percy of book 1, but that much was forgivable because he's so darn adorable.

Sorry for the MI derail. Clockwork Angel is coming soon, yay!

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I agree! Annabeth is blonde! But logan was a great Percy! So adorable!

« previous 1