This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hate people who notice your butt getting bigger, out loud. And other things that are OK to think but not say.

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Keep your mouth shut!
Yes, my butt is getting bigger. Yes, I gained some weight on vacation.

Why do people need to say stuff out loud? What observations do you wish people would just keep inside their big empty heads, Haters?

message 2: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments Oh no... that is the worst!

I was pretty scrawny after my senior year of high school and worked in a warehouse with a bunch of men with limited use of English. When I came back after my freshman year of college, one of them looked at me, made a small circle with his hands while he said, "last year" and then made a BIG circle with his hands and said, "this year". Ay Dios Mio!

I wish people would keep it to themselves when they notice that your skin is breaking out. I know I have a huge zit... I spent a hour in front of the magnifying mirror picking at it last night, which is why it looks so frigging bad today!

message 3: by smetchie (last edited Jun 09, 2010 04:56PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Thanks for bridging the language gap to share that important observation, dick! (Although he probably meant it as a compliment, right?)

Another think it, don't say it: "You were really drunk last night!"
Don't say that. OK?

message 4: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit "Sweet Jesus, you're nearly all grey."

No shit, Sherlock...

message 5: by smetchie (last edited Jun 10, 2010 08:00AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments "You're never going to find a man unless you... [insert something retarded like "dress nicer":]

Do me a favor and sew your mouth shut, ok?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Gretchen wrote: "Thanks for bridging the language gap to share that important observation, dick! (Although he probably meant it as a compliment, right?)

Another think it, don't say it: "You were really drunk last ..."

Wtf! It is a compliment! I once told a gringa friend of mine that she had a "fat ass" and she sort of got mad! I was like wtf! That's a huge compliment! Altough I'm not a booty person I do like a nice one... why would any woman get mad when a dude tells her she got some junk in the trunk! I don't fucking get it!

Ay dios mio!

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) why would any woman get mad when a dude tells her ...

If a woman is so inclined, she can take offense at ANYTHING a man says to her.

message 8: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I hate it when people point out that I am "opinionated" or "stubborn" or "bossy".

shut up everyone.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 10, 2010 03:19PM) (new)

"Your car is messy."
"Your room is messy."
"Your desk is messy."

ETCETERA. I fucking know. It's a nightmare. My 6th grade teacher used to shame me into the ground about it. That didn't help, so neither will it help when my custodian keeps telling me that my room is too messy. I know. It's hell. I'm the one who can't ever find anything. I appreciate organization, cleanliness and beauty. I really do.

So, I recently totally cleaned my classroom and got rid of a bunch of stuff and it's all streamlined and shiny and my custodian keeps telling me EVERY DAY that it's so much easier when it's clean. "SEE?! IT'S MORE EASY! You keep it this way and it is more easy for you!"

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My messiness and general disorganization are things I'm well aware of, world.

I also hated that whenever I cleaned my desk and checkout counter in the library, everyone made the same lame joke about how they didn't know what color the counter was. Shut up, Corny.

message 10: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Sew everyone's mouth shut and off with the hands of the deaf!

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Montambo, why did you have a car in 6th grade, and what was your 6th grade teacher doing in your room?

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 10, 2010 08:30PM) (new)

"Your ESPRIT bag is messy."
"Your locker is messy."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Your shirt is messy."

message 14: by smetchie (last edited Jun 11, 2010 07:30AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I really hate "You're too pretty for..."

I've only gotten this like once or twice because apparently I'm ugly enough for most things but I hear it said to other people and it makes me feel all angry inside. This is some kind of passive aggressive insult. I'm saying you're pretty but also judging your choices.

sew it, glue it, staple it, double sided tape it shut you dumb jerks. Maybe Alfonso can invent some sort of dental apparatus people can wear that keeps their stupid jaws shut until they've approved their comments with a computer chip painfully implanted in their brain. I think that would count as a kind of world domination, no?

message 15: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I think I like the chip better than the sewing everyone's mouth shut. That way on the odd day you could still get a random compliment (one which was of course filtered through and approved by the chip). Don't you love when a homeless guy shouts at you "look at those tits." Poetry.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Tom wrote: "why would any woman get mad when a dude tells her ...

If a woman is so inclined, she can take offense at ANYTHING a man says to her."

damn! it looks like tom is right! i love asking chicks what's the stupidest thing a dude ever did to get her attention... but i dont know if i wanna ask the ladies in this thread that! y'all scary!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Gretchen wrote: "Maybe Alfonso can invent some sort of dental apparatus people can wear that keeps their stupid jaws shut until they've approved their comments with a computer chip painfully implanted in their brain. I think that would count as a kind of world domination, no? "

as the inarticulate bastard that i am i'm againts many, many things! but taking away freedom of speech is not one of them, sorry, greatchen! but i iknow from the inside how sometimes dudes say horrible things wanting to say something nice... i can not invent the device you asking for... it goes against my believes!

message 18: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Fair enough. Please resume gluing two turtles together.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments awesome! i'm glad you understand!

now what's the stupidest thing a dude ever did to get your attention?

message 20: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments A dude has never done anything stupid to get my attention. Dudes don't want my attention. I think I give off a general "stay the fuck away from me" vibe. It works for me.

message 21: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Even before I had kids. Alfonso said ever.

message 22: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Would ignoring the "stay the fuck away from me" vibe be considered a stupid thing to do in order to get your attention?

message 23: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments "No DUH!!! My point is that someone obviously did not pick up the "stay the fuck away from me" vibe cause they have fucked ya."

OOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! right. I'm awake now.

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments You know what? I'm telling lies anyway. Just last week some drunk guy sang a song to me to get my attention. I think it was called Talkin 'bout Your Mama because it went like this:
"Talkin 'bout Your Mama! Talkin 'bout Your Mama! Talkin 'bout Your Mama! Talkin 'bout Your Mama! Talkin 'bout Your Mama! Talkin 'bout Your Mama!"
That was pretty stupid. He had stupid-looking bangs/face/body too but I don't think those were done specifically to get my attention.

Tee, what's the stupidest thing a guy ever did to get your attention? Get his own show on The Food Network?

message 25: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yeah I am so freakin awesome that he had to make millions on a show just to get my attention! That is what it takes to get my attention these days*.

He also has big balls, you know. That's what I hear.

message 26: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) He should make a "Big Balls" cake.

It could be someones midsection with the balls pulled out of the bottom of a pair of shorts. What flavor would that be?

message 27: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Coconut cream.

message 28: by Malbadeen (last edited Jun 11, 2010 01:28PM) (new)

Malbadeen I hate that at lunch, somone asked me how I was doing and when I replied that I "didn't feel good" they assured me that, I "didn't look good".
thanks, now I feel worse.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I heard that. He hates when people say that to him!!

Marie, if it helps, I thought your "on-the-brink-of-total-nausea" look was sexy as hell!!

message 30: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen thanks Sarah.
xo

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Yes! Is about to happen! And this time I hope nobody says something stupid to ruin it! Tambo and Marie are about to makeout!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Zzzzzz....

message 33: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments BunWat wrote: "Salty shrimp flavor."

Gross.

message 34: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) I've checked and they do not carry any of these flavors, but I will suggest them. I've looked over the list of flavors and not one of them seems at all funny. The closest to being remotely funny was red velvet....see, not funny. Sucks. I sure wish they had any sort of salty flavor.

Now, back to the original topic, tonight some one asked me, "Are you OK to drive?"

Fuck you! No, and I'm not!! Did you see me drinking beer after beer, a shot of Jager and several Jim Beams?! If you want to be helpful, take my ass to IHOP and then shut the fuck up while I devour a Corned Beef Hash Omelette and an order of Buttermilk Pancakes!

message 35: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Maybe today you'll get: "Wow! You were really drunk last night!"

message 36: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Or: "You smell like smoke!"

message 37: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Ew. That's a helpful observation, though, along the lines of "your fly is down."

message 38: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Hey, at first glance my avatar looks like I'm flashing my tits.

message 39: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Gretchen wrote: "Hey, at first glance my avatar looks like I'm flashing my tits."

You're too pretty for...oh wait what am I saying!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate it when people walk by my cubicle and say:

"Hey, what are you eating? Chocolate Cake? With your hands? And what are you doing? Are you even working? Your computer isn't even on. And why are you naked?

That's just so rude! Stay out of my business. Assholes!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha!

message 42: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc Damnit - I'm laughing so hard I can't think of any of those jackassy things that people actually say out loud, though I know it happens all the time. In fact, I probably say some of those jackassy things out loud from time to time. I hate that.

message 43: by Brian (new)

Brian (fearandloathing72) I love it when people say inapropriate things. They only help prove my theroy that most people are truly stupid.

message 44: by Brian (new)

Brian (fearandloathing72) It does ... I knew I should have spell cheked it!!! Oh well such is life. I never claimed to be in the smart part of the population.

message 45: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Deleted Member wrote: "I hate it when people walk by my cubicle and say:

"Hey, what are you eating? Chocolate Cake? With your hands? And what are you doing? Are you even working? Your computer isn't even on. And..."

I was feeling bad because I am putting off some homework that is due in a few hours by checking goodreads (never mind I check-in about once a week lately - IT'S CRUCIAL I DO IT BEFORE I START MY HOMEWORK)
but..... your comment made me laugh, which makes me feel like I have more stamina to do my homework so thank you for justifying my laziness!