Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > You Know You're a Writer If...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 711 (711 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Annemarie, hi (last edited Jun 06, 2010 03:09PM) (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
Simple. Finish this sentence.
"You know you're a writer if...."

message 2: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
You know you're a writer if, when your friends are sitting around talking, you take out a piece of paper and a pen and write down the interesting/funny/ridiculous things they say, and then put them into your story.

Roze the emo-ish girl | 128 comments Ikr? I do that too. :]

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you just changed your facebook relationship status to: "In a relationship with Novel Writing".

message 5: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments I don't have Facebook either, but if I did I would.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "You know you're a writer if you just changed your facebook relationship status to: "In a relationship with Novel Writing"."

AHHHH! I'M SO GONNA DO THAT!!!

message 7: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
Annana Flambe du Mort (Erica) wrote: "Maxy wrote: "You know you're a writer if you just changed your facebook relationship status to: "In a relationship with Novel Writing"."

AHHHH! I'M SO GONNA DO THAT!!!"

I tried doing that but it wouldn't let me...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

:'( Sad...

message 9: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments You know you're a writer when you think about events in your life like you're writing a book.
(For example, when something bad happens, I usually think something like: "My nose starting stinging, and my eyes felt hot. I quickly looked down as my eyes had instant relief from the tear bluring my vision" or something.)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too!

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments mmmhmmm

message 12: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Yes, basically my whole life is like that.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if the fire alarm starts going off and you refuse to evacuate until you've finished your paragraph.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

The Casstastic Cassie wrote: "You know you're a writer if the fire alarm starts going off and you refuse to evacuate until you've finished your paragraph."

THAT'S AWESOME!

message 15: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments The Casstastic Cassie wrote: "You know you're a writer if the fire alarm starts going off and you refuse to evacuate until you've finished your paragraph."

XD I love that.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

*bows*
Thank you.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you got up on time, but you're still in your pajamas at this very moment because you want to be comfortable while you're writing.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you're totally paranoid about your characters being annoying.

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 4824 comments Emily, Zepikness Savior of the Muffins wrote: "You know you're a writer when you think about events in your life like you're writing a book.
(For example, when something bad happens, I usually think something like: "My nose starting stinging, ..."

Oh GOD! I do that too!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily, Zepikness Savior of the Muffins wrote: "You know you're a writer when you think about events in your life like you're writing a book.
(For example, when something bad happens, I usually think something like: "My nose starting stinging, ..."

I do that ALL the time!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily, Zepikness Savior of the Muffins wrote: "You know you're a writer when you think about events in your life like you're writing a book.

I did that last night. And pretty much every other day of my life.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer when you can't sleep until almost three AM because you desperately want to finish this scene.

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) | 54 comments You know your a writer when everything you say or do will eventually result as something wonderful in a sentence or paragraph that you write.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you're easily flustrated.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if it's almost 5 PM and once again you are still in your pajamas.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha.

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments . . . that only happened to me when I got my tooth pulled and lolled about the house in my pajamas while the sedative lightened.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you have a lame fantasy playing in your mind. After a heated argument with the voices in your head, you say, "Fine, fine, I'll write it!" ...out loud. Then you proceed to smack your head against your notebook.

I just barely did this... I'm so proud of myself. I'm becoming a true schizophrenic.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you have an arm cramp.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I GET THOSE ALL THE TIME!!

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments ME TOO!!!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha they kill... and they make you go slower...

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments People look at me weird when I start wagging my hand, trying to loosen up the cramp...

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, same here. (:

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "You know you're a writer if you have an arm cramp."

I HATE THOSE.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2010 01:46PM) (new)

You know you're a writer and a music fanatic if your iPod's playlists are all organized into folders specific to their corresponding stories and totally freak out when you discover that play list for story A is in folder for story B.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

The Casstastic Cassie wrote: "You know you're a writer and a music fanatic if your iPod's playlists are all organized into folders specific to their corresponding stories and totally freak out when you discover that play list f..."

:) Oh yes.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you get mad at your characters. A LOT.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you're posting in this topic. Ehehe.

You know you're a writer if not being able to express yourself is the most irritating feeling in the world.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Indeed it is! I hate when I can't find the right words to say something and I'm all like, "DORGH!"

message 41: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments You know you're a writer if you make up a character exactly like your crush, but just give them a different name *is guilty*

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you send texts to yourself with a chapter of your story because you were hit with inspiration an had no other way of writing...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you're a writer if you send texts to yourself with a chapter of your story because you were hit with inspiration an had no other way of writing...

message 44: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments You know you're a writer when you write 17 pages instead of of a 2 page story for your class.

(True story, did that in the 5th grade... and it was my first romance, even though it wasn't a novel... and then the teacher made me read it out loud, so I read the kissing scenes softly and quickly.)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Tez♫ wrote: "You know you're a writer if you make up a character exactly like your crush, but just give them a different name *is guilty*"

So, so guilty. Gabriel isn't exactly like him, but he's pretty close.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

:D haha.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I was writing a kissing scene between Gabriel and Sullivan (she is indeed a girl), and it was in first person, so I was kind of giggling on the inside. A lot.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Aawwwwww!!!! CUTE!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Aawwwwww!!!! CUTE!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.