Outhouse of Uncool discussion

Hi, my name is Amy...and I am uncool.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Ummm...I have a thing for dragons, sci-fi, video games and I pretty much always have my nose in a book. Oh, and did I mention I'm a 36 year old girl? Yes, I said "girl", I'm not interested in being a "lady" or a "woman", I like being a girl, thank you very much! Yep, the epitome of uncool, and I'm pretty much fine with that.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Hi, my name is Anthony. I am uncool. I dress badly and don't care much about it. I have three kids who are somewhat cool and nerdy at the same time, taking on characteristics of their cool mom and their uncool dad. I wear glasses and refuse to get lasik because I like my glasses.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 11, 2008 08:32AM) (new)

RandomAnthony Oh, and thanks for the invite, Donald! Anyone want to play some D and D?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I like glasses, but they don't look good on me... And I won't wear contacts. So basically I fumble around blindly most of the time.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I was the one who invited you, RA. I was the one who thought you were sufficiently uncool to be a member. Thank me for that honor.

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I'd like to be a (mostly) lawful good, halfling theif please...who's got the dice?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no. If this place goes D&D, I am so audi.

message 8: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Should I be offended that I just barged in and wasn't "invited"?

message 9: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 11, 2008 08:37AM) (new)

RandomAnthony Both of you invited me. I'm feeling extra nerdy-special.

I always preferred being hot girls in D and D. That was, uh, as close as I actually got to hot girls back then. I know I wasn't the only one.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 11, 2008 08:36AM) (new)

RandomAnthony No, Amy! Don't leave! We need a girl! I'm guessing we thought you would turn us down.

message 11: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 11, 2008 08:37AM) (new)

RandomAnthony And I haven't played D and D in twenty years. But I'm thinking of trying again. Seriously. It sounds like fun.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Stinky, why are you boycotting Mini Am? Don't think I haven't noticed... I know all and see all.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh good lord. I've never played a role playing game in my life (and don't really want to). Am I in the wrong group? Maybe I'm actually deficient in uncoolness. I haven't read Outlander either or ever seen an episode of Star Trek.

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony That's it, I'm jumping into the car and driving to South Bend with a brand spankin' new copy of the dungeon master guide...

David, you should seriously read that nerd book, by the way.

And I've never seen Star Trek either. Or American Idol, for that matter.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the warning, RA. It gives me time to put in the shark-infested moat.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Please. D and D players live for shark-infested moats. The very fact that you thought of a shark-infested moat means you're one of us.

one of us, one of us, one of us

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I may be uncool, but I ain't roleplayin'. I manifest my uncoolness in other ways.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Stinky hasn't responded to the boycott query.

message 19: by Amanda (last edited Jun 11, 2008 08:48AM) (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Ok, I've already joined, cancelled my membership, and joined again. But I HAD to rejoin to say surely IF Amy is boycotting Mini-Am she would not be stupid enough say so here where we can all see it! She's a smart one.

message 20: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I just got back from posting in mini am...thank you!

message 21: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I've been working a lot...reading more...was heart sick over the weekend, AND I got sucked into that FUCKING quiz game and lost hours of my life!!!! I am now boycotting the quiz game.

(You're supposed to tell me how much you missed me dick head, not get accusatory!)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Anthony--is it just coincidental that you JUST reviewed a book about nerds and you JUST joined the uncool group? I had to join just to ask that question. :)

And also to reveal that I've never done the whole D and D thing, but I'm an uncool sucker for choose-your-own-adventure books. I still have some that I thumb through. Another aspect of my uncoolness: I grew up watching my brother play Final Fantasy (the very first one) only because I loved watching the storyline unfold.

message 23: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Why did Amanda join, quit, and join again? Is she conflicted on her uncoolness?

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Shellbell! Pure nerd coincidence heaven both with Amanda's post about that newsweek article in miniam and Donald's creation of this board. Worlds are colliding, I tell you....

My kids love the choose your own adventure books. They deconstruct the potential choices.

message 25: by Meels (last edited Jun 11, 2008 08:54AM) (new)

Meels (amelia) Nah, my twin embraces the nerddom...maybe she just has revolving personalities today. Sybil, honey, are you feeling alright?

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I was scared to join without invitation...

I'm way uncooler than you lot. I don't even have stats to brag about like you guys do.

message 27: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Shell, I used to read those all the time! I think I was 12, but I was showing them to my nephew in B&N just the other day!!

message 28: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I can't believe I used the word "got"...ugh!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I joined without being invited, too. That's how uncool I am. *Picture me pushing up my nerdy glasses in a defiant manner*

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey--isn't there a new choose-your-own adventure for adults written by a woman? I can't remember the name of it now...

message 31: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Hey David...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I missed you, Stinky! (Now don't let it happen again!)

What's this heartsickness?

message 33: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Eh, kinda long story. The short version is, born two months early, weighed 3lbs, lungs were fine, valves in heart didn't form completely, occasionally get a rapid and irregular heart beat, feel like shit, can't move around, have to rest until it goes back to normal...blah blah blah, annoying! It doesn't happen very often, every couple of months or so, and it usually only puts me out for a day, two at the most. It happens even less if I don't do shit I'm not supposed to, but I forget...or don't care sometimes.

message 34: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Heh, talk about Thread Killer !! You asked, David!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, you didn't kill the thread, Stinks. Davey gets to go out to lunch once in a while, you know. That sounds like a real bummer, Stinky, but I'm glad it doesn't bother you. I am obsessed with my heart (i.e., whether there's anything wrong with it), so that kind of freaks me out.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2008 10:04AM) (new)

Hiya, King. Like the sandpeople look. Hmmmm. I should search for a good picture of Bib Fortuna for my avatar...

Without you and Donald at Mini Am, there's no one around to tell me how full of shit I am. I miss that. :_(

message 37: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Davey...that shall be your name, now.

Lunch? Pfft, it's 10:30 man! I am getting hungry though, not sure that frozen lunch is going to cut it. Nothing sounds good though...

King, I'm a crasher too, Donald doesn't love me, and Davey was punishing me for being AWOL.

Davey, what on earth would cause you to be OCD about your heart? Why would you think there is anything wrong with it? I once heard that you only have a certain number of heartbeats, then you die (I know this is crap, or no one would ever exercise, but still...), whenever I am sick my resting heart rate is around 160 (normal is between 60-100 beats per minute depending on how fit you are). Just laying there, I'm whipping out 160 beats per minute! I start freaking out about using up my heart beats...which only makes my heart rate increase, when I know perfectly well it is bullshit. But, what would make you think something was wrong with yours?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

But, what would make you think something was wrong with yours?

I have a very easy answer to that question, Stinky: I'm fucked in the head.

message 39: by Meels (last edited Jun 11, 2008 10:58AM) (new)

Meels (amelia) One of my best friends bought me The Hypochondriac's Handbook, for no real reason. Do you think he was trying to tell me something?

Jackie "the Librarian" Hi, I'm Jackie, and I've belonged to two Star Trek clubs.
I've been kind of shuffling around outside for awhile, trying to get the courage to come in...

message 41: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Welcome Jackie, live long and prosper, babe!

(Had me a wicked crush on Spock as a kid. :)

Jackie "the Librarian" Peace and long life, Amy!

Yep, I'm a Spock grokker, you know it...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

That is so uncool of you, Jackie, shuffling around outside and having a crush on Spock. You BELONG here!

Jackie "the Librarian" Yay! Thanks, ShellBell! I'm uncool!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm doing my uncool dance right now, which involves flapping my arms around and kicking my heels.

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I'm Sarah, and I'm so uncool that I don't even fit in with the other uncool kids. But I like cartoony video games and comic books and musical theatre so I think I'm pretty uncool.

Jackie "the Librarian" Hi Sarah! I like comic books, too!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Bring on the X-men!!! I grew up reading my brother's X-men and then collected some of my own in my adulthood. I have a teeny crush on Wolverine, it's true. And a baby crush on Rogue. And a toddler crush on Gambit. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about. I think my uncool level just went off the charts.

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Yeah, I'm more of a DC Comics kind of girl than a Marvel Comics kind of girl.

Oh and I think our level of HP obsession definitely qualifies as uncool.

Jackie "the Librarian" Um, yeah...

« previous 1 3