Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Need Help on Picking Novel(s)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments Here goes. I'm kind of burnt out on UF at the moment so I'm planning on ordering a few Erotic Romances online today. Problem is I haven't read many ER before & am at a lost as to what to pick. I would be very grateful if any of you had any suggestions.

Btw, I'm ok with pretty much anything but full on M/M.

message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (OMalley) | 25 comments I'm not really sure. My favorite kinds of books are young adult so i would love to tell you about some of those kind of books.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 80 comments I like several of the shorter erotic anthologies.

Honk If You Love Real Men: Four Tales of Erotic Romance
Real Men Do It Better
Real Men Last All Night
Naughty Bits
Naughty Bits 2: An Anthology of Short Erotic Fiction

are all good examples of this.

Opal Carew writes a bunch of good erotica - Blush and Swing are good examples.
Voyeur by Lacey Alexander is another good choice.

I'm sure I can come up with some others if you'd like.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina Polli | 7 comments I like Shayla Black`s Wicked Ties / Decadent / Delicious - they are a series, but can be read as stand alone. My favorite is Wicked Ties.

As for historical, one of the best I`ve read was Passion by Lisa Valdez, and now just finished Patience.

Samantha Kane´s Brother in Arms are very good - Menage, but it has some M/M on they.

Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2) by Shayla Black Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3) by Shayla Black The Courage to Love (Brothers in Arms, #1) by Samantha Kane At Love's Command (Brothers in Arms, #4) by Samantha Kane Love's Strategy (Brothers in Arms, #3) by Samantha Kane Passion  by Lisa Valdez Patience  by Lisa Valdez

message 5: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments First of all, thank you to all of you that have responded so far. Crystal, I'm kind of burnt out on YA too at the moment but it would be great to know some good ones when I get back on the bus. So have at it!

Photojim, I'm not really into the shorter ER anthologies but I do have Naughty Bits & it was pretty good. Regina, I've read the first two books in Wicked Lovers series & had originally planned on reading Delicious until I read some bad reviews on it. I'm going to wait until a GR friend finishes reading it before I think about buying it. I did notice you rec'd Passion for me in a recent challenge but I didn't know it was ER so I will definitely think about buying it & will check to see if any of Samantha Kane's books are in stock.

Again, thank you everyone.

message 6: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments I haven't read much erotica, but these have gotten good reviews/ratings. All of them have an average rating of 4 stars or higher. :)

Sweet Surrender
Addicted
Laid Bare
Promises Linger
Wicked Burn
Midnight Man

message 7: by Pickles (last edited May 02, 2010 02:27PM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments Oh, and I found this:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/49...

It's a best erotica list that doesn't include M/M romance (because there are so many of them).

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments I personally love Lora Leigh and Cherise Sinclair for their erotica! Both are vivid and talented authors, and both go for the dominant male. CS is more BDSM which I thought wouldn't interest me, but I really enjoyed reading her books. LL writes very erotic novels some incorporate the paranormal, which is just fantastic IMO, and others are more reality based.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 80 comments I like Lora Leigh's non - Breed books. But the Breed series just turns me off all the way around. I'm just not into bestiality.

message 10: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments ROFL. I'm not into the Breeds series anymore either Photojim but "bestiality" seems a little harsh. I could just as easily say anal is a form of bestiality since the power(s) that be didn't create us to shove it through the doggy door.

Anyhoo, Tyvm Harper for the suggestions & the link. I got ALOT of ideas on ER to buy from the non-m/m list. Cherise, I'm on Lora Leigh Breed hiatus at the moment until I can force myself to finish the last hot mess I read by her but thank you for the Cherise Sinclair suggestion.

message 11: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments LL, I got some ideas from that list, too. :) Some of them I already had on my TBR list, but I found a few new ones. I'll have to order some of them when I'm in the mood for smut. LOL.

message 12: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments LOL. I'm "officially" on book restriction but my fiance is currently out of town & there's this "Buy 4 Books & Get the 5th One Free" deal going on at Borders.com. So ha! Stick that up your pipe & smoke it, Caelen!

message 13: by Pickles (last edited May 02, 2010 07:19PM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments LOL! My husband would probably try to put a restriction on me if he knew how many I ordered, but what he doesn't know...

I might have to check out that deal! I love how Amazon has a buy 4-for-3 promo on most of their paperbacks. I usually buy several at a time to take advantage of that.

message 14: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments You should definitely check it out. Unfortunately I can't really buy anything from Amazon as all my book cash is in Borders gift cards (I had a few hidden away from xmas). I about cried the day Borders broke off from Amazon so I couldn't use my cards there anymore.

message 15: by Pickles (last edited May 02, 2010 07:43PM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments Yeah, I liked it when they were connected. Now the only time I shop on Borders.com is when I have gift cards.

I went to the site, but I didn't see any annoucements about it. I'll have to check again.

Oh, wait, never mind! I just found it in the weekly deals. I didn't see that tab at first.

message 16: by Desperado (last edited May 02, 2010 07:56PM) (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments LOL. Gotta love free books. I was excited when I won my first book giveaway but to tell you the truth, they could've sent me "The Cat in the Hat" & I'd still be jumping up & down like a mental person bc it was free!

message 17: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments Free is good. :)

You're not going to believe this, though. So I was shopping on Borders.com and I had my cart full and then I was like, "I wonder what this would cost me on Amazon" because Borders charges tax and some of the books were a bit more expensive. I went to Amazon and added them all to my cart. Then I realized that three of the five books I was ordering were part of their 4-for-3 promotion, so I added a sixth book and the total came out to be only about $1.50 more than what I would have paid at Borders for 5 books. Naturally, since I didn't have any gift cards for Borders, I just wound up buying everything from Amazon in the end anyway. I swear, that site gets so much of my money, but the discounts are just crazy sometimes. LOL.

message 18: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments Hahaha. The discounts are out of this world. I used to frequent B&N but found I like Borders (chain bookstores) had not only a better selection but an easier way to find books what with the in-store computer catalogs. So I switched over. Now I have a Borders Rewards card that gives me $15 Borders bucks everytime I spend $150. Its like free cash for doing something I'm already gonna do anyway. They also send coupons to my email maybe 3 times a month. I used the 33% off one book for my purchase for ER.

Speaking of purchases, after much deliberation I have chosen my books.I swear I hate to shop but put me in a bookstore & I'm in there for hours trying to decide. Anyone want to know what they are? No? Tough cause I'm gonna tell you anyway cause I'm cool like that.::bats lashes::

Midnight Encounters by Elle Kennedy( A bad boy & a hardworking lady,oh my!)
A Witch's Beauty by Joey W. Hill ( I've gotten alot of suggestions for her & I did love the books I read by her so!)
Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks (Also got a lot of suggestions for her & its about a hardcore permanent BDSM relationship).
Dark Elves 1: Taken by Jet Mykles (I just couldn't resist dark-skinned white-haired fae).
Sins of the Flesh by Devyn Quinn (Just had to sneak one Vamp romance in the bunch).

Again thank you all very much & I'm putting the majority of the books you all suggested (that I haven't already read) on my TBR shelf.

message 19: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments Looks like a good haul, LL! I'm going to check out that Jet Mykles one, too.

message 20: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments Good, good. I ran across her browsing through a GR friend's shelf. My only worry is that apparently there's artwork for the characters throughout the book. I kind of like to let my imagination fill in the blank but ::shrug::

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited May 03, 2010 01:28PM) (new)

I am an extreme Karen Chance junkie and strongly recommend ANY of her books. Got to love strong male figures in a vampire romance.

message 22: by Desperado (last edited May 03, 2010 02:00PM) (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments Oh don't I know it, Lottie. I love Chance & have all her novels. She's one of the few authors that go straight to my TBR shelf when she comes out with a new book, even if I don't know with its about.

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy | 151 comments LethalLovely wrote: "Here goes. I'm kind of burnt out on UF at the moment so I'm planning on ordering a few Erotic Romances online today. Problem is I haven't read many ER before & am at a lost as to what to pick. I wo..."

Hi there, Just a suggestion but I loved the ACRO series by Sydney Croft (pseudonym of Larissa Ione). Very hot books.

message 24: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 453 comments I've heard of Croft but I didn't know she was a pseudonym for Larissa Ione (whose Demonica series I just love). Thanks for the rec Sharon!

message 25: by Keri (new)

Keri | 50 comments Harper wrote: "I haven't read much erotica, but these have gotten good reviews/ratings. All of them have an average rating of 4 stars or higher. :)

Sweet Surrender
Addicted
[boo..."

I've read Addicted and it's really a good book. It has the erotic side to it but it's also just a really good book. And even though it's a Historical setting it's so different from regular historical novels. Highly reccommend.