What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. sci/fi dystopia? Set sometime in the future, a man walks into a city and finds a "church". It is very ritualistic religion of the state and of course controlling of the people. The man, of course meets a girl, they fall in love

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Debi | 14 comments I need help remembering the title of a book I read years ago. I have asked on several websites but I either have such a sketchy and possibly inaccurate remembrance of the contents or it was such an obscure and little read book that I have no hope. The problem is I was in my early 20's when I read this and now am 56.
Anyway, on the off chance that someone can help...here is what little I remember.
Set sometime in the future, a man walks into a city and finds a "church". It is very ritualistic religion of the state and of course controlling of the people. The man, of course meets a girl, they fall in love, she becomes pregnant and they have to escape to a rumored place of safety because of a prophecy about a baby being born (it may be that women couldn't have children anymore or something-fuzzy here). Anyway, they find their way to the primitive safe place and it ends with something about a copy or partial copy of a Christian(I think)Bible. Thanks for any help. Georgeplace

message 2: by Catherine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Catherine (spacecatherine) Sounds sort of like "Children of Men", but based on the movie I don't think that's it.

message 3: by Debi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Debi | 14 comments I checked this out but it looks like it was based on a book written in 1993. Mine was much older. Thanks though.

message 4: by Shane (new)

Shane Long shot: Anthem by Ayn Rand.