Start by marking “How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)” as Want to Read:
How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)

How to Howl at the Moon

(Howl at the Moon #1)

Sheriff Lance Beaufort is not going to let trouble into his town, no sir. Tucked away in the California mountains, Mad Creek has secrets to keep, like the fact that half the town consists of ‘quickened’—dogs who have gained the ability to become human. Descended on both sides from Border Collies, Lance is as alert a guardian as they come.

Tim Weston is looking for a safe
Published February 28th 2015 by Pinkerton Road

Start your review of How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I could not stop reading this book!

This story is so much fun: fresh, original, funny.

And AWESOME. Let's not forget awesome.

Tim Weston just wants to grow his produce in peace, but Sheriff Lance won't leave him be. Tim is not some cannabis grower; he's just a young, penniless guy screwed over by his former boss.

Then Chance, a sleek, intelligent border collie, shows up, and it's love at first howl for Tim.

I'm a huge dog person. I prefer them to people, honestly. So I loved watching Tim and
Gigi
Re-read October 2015: I'm ready for the sequel! ROMAN!

5 fucking overly-emotional, super happy, waggy-tail STARS!!!

OK, let's just call it like it is. I am officially Eli Easton's bitch. Her books just fill me with glitter and sparkles and rainbows and How to Howl at the Moon is a perfect example.

A book about dog shifters? How weird is that? But, oh how Ms. Easton makes it work so well. This is outrageously original. I've never read anything like this, and the emotions had me so captivated that I
Eli Easton
Feb 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the first book in a new series of m/m romantic comedies featuring dog shifters. It's a novel at 60K words. My husband and I have three dogs and I had so much fun writing this, especially Sheriff Lance Beaufort who is a hell of a man AND a hell of a dog. I hope you enjoy reading it!

There is a 30 page pdf preview of the book (first 2 chapters) available with 'read book' on goodreads.

Here is my traditional desktop post with images that inspired this story:
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US, 5/10/17!*

Another bathtub book, baby!

Okay, It's killing me to admit this, but this was one of my least favorite Eli Easton books. But think about the scale here. Eli Easton sits on the tippy top of this enormous pedestal, so a book that isn't great for her is like the best book I've read from some other authors.

Though this book was cuuuuuttteeee, it was also a pretty clumsy sexuality discovery story (and Eli Easton writes KILLER ones so I know she has it in
Nick Pageant
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
BR with Mishy, Chase and Catherine!

description

It's Eli Easton, so of course I loved it. The fact that I loved a shifter book is something I never thought I'd say, but this was just so sweet and fun. I don't see any need for a long review; I'll just say that, for the past two days, this book made me HAPPY.

Enjoy another puppy gif:

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Maybe it's just me being overly emotional lately but this hit the spot so I'm bumping it up to 5 stars.

That scene where Lance/Chance starts mournfully howling when Tim is trying to throw him out...

I also forgot how hot that last sex scene was. You know the one. Where Lance is all animalistic and possessive and whatnot. One word...

Matthew Shaw did an excellent job narrating this shifter fluff, emoting well and differentiating the characters.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This book was darn near as cute as this dog gif...

...the perfect Sunday read.

I loved Tim the plant guy and Sheriff Lance. Tim was insecure and lonely and Lance was over the top and alpha.

It was very paranormal light. Lance is quickened and it's in his dog form that he really bonds with Tim.

Lance's mom, bless her heart. She was such a meddler.

But she meant well.

I really fell in love with the town of Mad Creek. I smiled the whole time reading this one. It had some great funny
Ingie
Written March 15, 2015

3 1/2 Stars - Fun with a new kind of shifters and I was dog-charmed

Dog shifters? Really?
This was my first experience with this shifter species and Eli Easton has written a lovely tale. I'll be looking a little puzzled at all wise dogs for a while.

***********************************************************

A bit undercover work is called for..
There is a stranger in town and the local sheriff of Mad Creek, who is concerned about feared marijuana growers, isn't
☆ Todd
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay4u-out4u

As I'm really late in the game reading this one and there are already tons of good, accurate reviews available for this book, I'll keep my review brief.

This was a fun read, with the MC's having a slight age difference (23 and 31.)

Lance doesn't really fight his first-time attraction to a man, but as the sheriff and his pack's leader, he's overly-serious most of the time and needs to learn to allow his inner dog to run free more often.

Tim has a history of past abuse, first physical abuse from his
wesley
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

This book got me really hooked from the get go. I love how it was written -- my senses in hyper-aware mode. Everything is detailed, as if the events are set in slow motion, giving me the chance to notice even the minute of things.

Although I am not a big fan of shifter books -- a book has yet to change my life -- but this was such a unique take on the trope. I love dogs but after reading this, I want to adopt ten more. A collie with piercing blue eyes, particularly.

collie

I liked Lance. His intensity

.Lili.
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, m-m-pnr
 photo image.jpg1_zpsmvm3yjxe.jpg

This one's going to be short and sweet. Just answer a few questions.

Do you like opposites attract love stories? One of them is an alpha male & the other is adorkable

Do you like humor?

Do you like feel good stories?

Do you like steam in your books?

If you've answered yes to the above questions- you seriously can't go wrong. I love the heck out of this one and highly recommend it. 4.5 Stars

P.S. If you've never read Eli Easton- what are you waiting for?! Her stories are great! :)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

This being my first shapeshifters m/m story, I wasn’t sure what to expect. But I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. I should have known it will be an enjoyable read since is written by Eli Easton. “How to Howl at the Moon” was a sweet, fun and easy to read novel that made me smile and warmed my heart.

Tim Weston is a 23 years old young man who desperately needs a fresh start after finding out his ex-boss patented all of his work on vegetable hybrids in his own name. When a client offers him
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT

I loved this! It was so incredibly sweet and heartfelt without being sappy or cheesy. There's even a touch of action.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this series!!!

Exina
The Story
Tim Weston rose breeder/gardener, arrives to Mad Creek to start a new life. He is shy and awkward, and of course he is a stranger in the small town which has its secrets to guard. His awkwardness and tendency to babble just increases in the presence of Sheriff Lance Beaufort, who finds Tim’s behavior extremely suspicious. Lance happens to be a shapeshifter, and decides to use this ability to do some undercover work. Lots of misunderstanding, some matchmaking conspiracy, a little
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars

There's really no point in doing an extensive review of this book because I'm sure it's already been said.

However, if you haven't gotten to reading this, here's my two cents.

I'm biased.

Easton is one of my favorite authors ever since she reeled me in with Superhero. She has the ability to bring out a visceral reaction, whether that's agonizing over the angst, squirming due to the UST, delighting in the smex, or just grinning at the love. Who doesn't want to feel that?

This wasn't your
Susan
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Re-read June 2019
Always nice to relax with this audio.

---------------------------

My first book about dog shifters! It was just as cute as I’d hoped it would be.

description

Tim is 23, jobless and pretty broke. He moves to Mad Creek to start a new life and hopefully get his plants and vegetables growing enough to start his own business. He is shy, cute and pretty impressed by the sheriff in town, Lance.

Lance is a dog shifter and trying to find out what it exactly is that Tim is trying to grow. Because he
Meep
The first part of this is very light, cute and a bit silly. Would work as a Y.A. It reminded me of AggyBird's Were-Yorkie challenge of way back when and I was enjoying it, it put a smile on my face.

Then the sex happened.

As soon as the big 'quickened' secret is out the book started to loose it's appeal for me. Until then big Sheriff Lance visiting Tim in his dog form and being called Chance was sweet and funny. But Tim loved Chance the dog, he didn't know Lance the man - I got the strongest
Wendy
This book was exactly what I needed. It was so funny ;)

photo tumblr_m65gicfdI31qaeptio8_400_zpsvhk9twyu.gif

This wasn't anything like all the shifter books I've read. It's about dogs having the ability to shift into human form. Some are born with it, some develop it over time, after having a real tight bond with a human.

Tim has quit his job (because his former bussiness partner screwed him over) and has moved into a cabin, owned by a former client. He's in need of a fresh start. He grows (hybrid) plants. He has 6 months to come up with something
Barbara➰
I've had this tbr for a while now and finally took the plunge. This is my first book by this author. It was really sweet and cute. It was a nice easy read. I loved the different take on shifters with the "quickened".

Poor Tim. He'd had a rough life and deserved someone to love him and take care of him. Lance took a little bit for me to warm up to him but I was glad to see him come around.

But Lance's mom, Lily, almost ruined it for me. She got on my nerves so bad in the beginning. I was sitting
Sheziss
It wasn’t earth-shattering, but it was funny and fluffy. I must say I also expected to me punched in the feelz with a jackhammer, but hey, as a light and cute reading, I can’t really ask for more. So I won’t complain.

I’ve always liked shapeshifters. I’ve read about wolves (multiple times), birds (Kim Dare), the feline changellings (Nalini Singh), so it’s not as if the topic was big news nor something really creative. But this formula is nothing without appeal and talent, and Eli Easton has loads
Chelsea
That was FANTASTIC!!!!

Loved Tim, he was so adorable and funny, had me chuckling throughout the entire book!

Everyone knows this is a cute story (as all Eli Easton stories are) and that they should read this by now, so I won't sing its praises, but I will contribute to the cute dog pictures.

What I really want to say was how much I freaking LOVED this audio book!! Matthew Shaw's voice were amazing!!! Matthew had me engaged from the first page till the last. I spent the large majority of yesterday
Fabi
Not only was this a super cute story but it's one of the best narrations I've heard in a while.
Alvin

Aw. I know. XD

First of all, Ms. Easton's husband's idea of doing DOG shifters is brilliant. Imagine a guy that's loyal, protective, and headstrong, who wouldn't want a guy like that? Unlike wolf shifters, they like to be around people. They adore them. I loved Ms. Easton's take on dog shifters. Even though I have nothing to compare with this, I can tell it's a really good interpretation.

But...Lance and Tim are IDIOTS! Lol! Read the story to find out how foolish they are.
I'm not sure if I liked
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3 Don't Know What To Make Of This Stars

This book was adorable, the way a puppy is adorable, which I suppose is fitting. Dog shifters isn't a theme that works for anything but a fluffy, slightly cheesy romance book. This was exactly what it promised to be.

Still, I can't give it more than 3 stars because although it did have its funny moments, the romance left a lot to be desired for me. And there was the slightly icky, stalkerish vibe I got from Lance that made me a bit reluctant to rate higher.
Dalia
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, m-m, paranormal
Team Lance!

This was such an enjoyable read. It's so adorable and funny with the right amount of fellings thrown in. It just made me feel all warm and mushy inside.

2nd read: 04-11-2015
Adam
After reading most of Eli Easton's books last year, I can definitely say that I'm a fan. She's incredibly skilled at writing characters that I can really connect to on a personal level. But I honestly didn't think that a book about a town of dog shifters would be so good. I'm glad that I was wrong!

Tim Weston moves to Mad Creek to make a fresh start in his life. He's shy and awkward, but he wants to succeed in this new town by selling his vegetables and specially-cultivated roses. Lance Beaufort
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
Well ELI EASTON has done it again!

I absolutely adored this book!!!

While reading it I either had a huge smile on my face

or I was bawling like a baby

We have one adorable, shy, talks a mile a minute when nervous geeky man: (I fell for him from the first moment, he was just so lovable) - TIM

and on hot, cranky but softhearted sheriff - LANCE

which turns into an adorable and hilarious border collie and becomes Tim's best friend :D

All kinds of shenanigans happen and we meet other wonderful
Trisha Harrington
This was an awesome read!

I really liked this story. The characters were great, even though I wanted to slap Lance for the way he was acting and I couldn't blame Tim for being angry. But Lance ended up being really awesome and he did the right thing in the end.

Lance's mom was also really nice. She didn't mean to hurt anyone. And she was really supportive, which was great.

I wanted to hug Tim while I was reading this. He'd been through so much and things just didn't seem to be going his way again.
Macky
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mad Creek is a town populated by a group of people keeping a pretty sensational secret. A secret an unwitting Tim Weston is totally clueless about, but he desperately needs to escape his past, so when a client offers him the use of her cabin it's the perfect place for him to find sanctuary. The problem is shy Tim is keeping some personal secrets of his own so when he first encounters the deliciously dour Sheriff Lance 'McHottie' Beaufort, his inability to communicate without looking like he's ...more
Dani
~4 stars~

I decided to give this one a chance because I keep seeing the 4th book of the series popping up in my feed and a voice in my head (that resembles pretty much to Vir’s voice) told me I had to read series in order.

Well, I’m glad I read this because I love when books surprise me! This was a story I never see coming.

It was cute, original and fresh. It wasn’t like any other shifter book I’ve read. I mean… Dogs? Shifters dogs? Weredogs? LOL, I don't know. This was so much fun even if I had

• Tell Me It's Real (At First Sight, #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • Happy Endings (Happy Endings, #1)
  • Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate #1)
  • Muscling Through
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • Inside Out (Bronco's Boys #1)
  • The Bookmobile Baby (Nerds Who Knot, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Fair Game (All's Fair, #1)
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • The Prince and His Captivating Carpenter (Paranormal Princes, #2)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • A Pebble for Lewis
  • Rattlesnake
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast

Howl at the Moon (5 books)
  • How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)
  • How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3)
  • How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon, #4)
  • How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)
“Lance rolled his eyes. “I’m already sorrier than you could possibly imagine. Now you promise me you won’t interfere, or mention it to anyone, or poke your nose in, or follow Mr. Traynor along the street when he comes into town,...”

Lily snorted. “As if I would tell anyone! You think I want it spread around that my son’s into puppy play?”

Lance felt his temper supernova. Yes, that was really quite an interesting sensation, the way the cells inside his chest spontaneously burst into flame. “I AM NOT INTO PUPPY PLAY! AND HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT TERM?”

Lily waved her hand as if he was being silly. “Please. Like I was born fifty years old.”

“I want to be stricken dead. Right now,” Lance groaned and hid his face.

“Oh, all right. Fine! You’re doing some reconnaissance in your dog form, and that’s all it is, and it’s none of my business, and I’ve always been a virgin. You and your brothers and sister were all conceived by supernatural means. Happy?”
7 likes
“As if reading his mind, Lily huffed. “You’re as predictable as the spring rains, son of mine, and as boring as drying paint. Unless there’s an emergency, you’re home every night by seven, you eat dinner by yourself, go for a run, watch exactly one hour of TV by yourself, and go to bed at ten o’clock. If God ever loses his watch, he only has to look at Lance Beaufort to get back on schedule.”
...
“I’ve been having trouble with my phone,” he tried.

Lily took two strides to the desk, leaned over it with both hands braced on the surface, and stared.

“Okay, yes! I have been over there. But it’s for work. And…and it’s work related!”

“Oh? Explain that to me, because I thought you were the sheriff, not in training for a role in Lassie.”
6 likes