This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

When it's my fault

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rusty (last edited Mar 26, 2010 07:19AM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments So, I went to go re-fill my water bottle (okay, technically it’s a Mountain Dew bottle) from the water cooler. It’s thirty feet away, and I won’t be gone long, so why bother locking down my desktop? So I come back, and this jackass (actually he’s pretty cool – one of the few guys around here I don’t hate) is sitting at my desk, looking at the screen. I tell him to get the @#%$ out of my cube and immediately check the “sent items” in my email, to make sure he didn’t send out an email confessing my love to that sweaty guy in Transportation, or one to the chick in Billing, telling her I want her to come over here and talk to me about all her cats, including pedigree and biography. Once I assured myself that wasn’t the case, I went about my business. A half hour later, I had to make a pit stop, so I lock down my desktop, and what is set as the screen saver – a huge picture of two barely-clothed dudes at what has to be a gay pride parade*. And it’s my own damn fault. I’ll still get my revenge, but it’s my own damn fault.

*Not that there's anything wrong with that.

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments hee hee. I like that guy.

message 3: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) One day I was away from my computer and when I got back there was a website up on my screen. Something along the lines of Big Busty Women. The home page had a picture of this "BIG BUSTY" woman leaned over kind of squishing her boobs together. I looked around wondering who had done it...perused the site for a moment and then shut it down. Later that afternoon, I'm working on a spreadsheet and all of a sudden POOF I have another adult site pop up. This time it's adult sexy cartoons dot com or something like that. Pictures of Mickey Mouse characters having an orgy. WTF!? I ended up having a virus that would randomly send me to adult sites. Not a bad deal except for the fact that it was random and I couldn't ever leave my monitor on in fear of the accounting lady seeing big busty women on my computer while I was away from it. That and it started to take time away from actual work.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 26, 2010 10:47AM) (new)

Mountain DEW?! *&^#%#@^&!!!

Even the idea of it makes me get all slobbery and vomity feeling.

Okay, now I'll go read the rest of your post.

message 5: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) All of that and the Mountain Dew catches you attention!?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It was as far as I'd gotten.

As for computer trickery, once my friend took a screen shot of my desktop, moved all my icons and then set the screen shot as my desktop, so when I clicked on the faux icons, it did nothing but infuriate me while he laughed.