Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Challenges Archive > Favorite Lines From Dangerous Hero Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4144 comments Mod
If you want to, share with us some of your favorite line(s) from the dangerous hero books you are reading.

I am not home right now, but when I get home later on this evening, I will share some of my lines from Fire and Ice by Anne Stuart.

message 2: by Pam (new)

Pam | 13 comments I love quotes, thanks for the challange.

best quote ever: "Once you go dead no ones better in bed" ~ Kat to Bones ex the morning after.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay two of my favorites...

From My Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase:

"Dain released Lady Wallingdon. Leaving her to totter to a chair, he turned and marched across the room in the direction of the grotesque fern. He kept on marching until the men crowding about Miss Trent had to give way or be trodden down. They gave way, but they didn’t go away.
He swept one heavy-lidded glance over them.
“Go away,” he said quietly.
They went."

And from As Luck Would Have It by Alissa Johnson:

"No! Don't! Don't touch me," she hissed, seeing red. Absolute fire and brimstone crimson red. "Don't ever touch me again. Don't even come near me, or so help me God, I will geld you. Now, do I make myself clear?"

Steph

message 4: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) From Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) by Janet Evanovich ...

"Just get out of bed?" he asked.
I glanced down. "You mean the nightshirt?"
"The nightshirt, the hair...the stupor".
"You're the reason for the stupor."
"Yeah," Ranger said." I get that a lot. I cause stupor in women."

I love me some Ranger. Whuh.

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam | 13 comments Have I mentioned I love Z?

"What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out."
I wanted your name, not your calling."
Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist."
— J.R. Ward (Lover Eternal)

message 6: by Wan (last edited Mar 30, 2011 05:46PM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Anything came out of JZB's mouth, really. But my most fav and now forever stuck in my brain --"Assume' makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'." (Baron - Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning)

message 7: by Othena (new)

Othena “Nothing revealed character more than seeing the culmination of a lifetime’s worth of decisions.”
spoken by Mencheres
Eternal Kiss of Darkness
Pg 30, Jeaniene Frost

message 8: by Katya (last edited Jun 03, 2011 07:24PM) (new)

Katya | 327 comments "You're getting dangerously close to pissing me off," He warned. Her chin went up an inch. "You don't scare me." "No? Guess that proves how soft in the head you really are, then." Madoc & Nika in Living Nightmare by Shannon K. Butcher

"He would have been handsome—in a serial-killer kind of way—if not for those tattoos." Ashelyn about Maddox from The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter

And three of my favorite quotes from Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward are:

"Terrific. A bisexual dominant vampire with kidnapping expertise." ~Jane

"Tell you what, you let me go, and I’ll ask you plenty of questions about your race. Until then, I’m slightly distracted with how this little vacation on the good ship Holy Sh*t is going to pan out for me.” -Jane to V"

"When I want you to beg, I'll tell you." ~V

Then Cat to Bones from One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost "Wrong way, Bones. The men's showers are in the opposite direction." // "I'll file that away with all the other information that doesn't pertain to me" was Bones' mocking reply."

And Cat to Bones from This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost "See?” I’d whispered to Bones, nudging him with a grin. “He never argues with her. Isn’t that sweet?” A snort preceded his response. “Keep dreaming, pet."

One of my favorites is Mac describing herself from Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning "As I moved deeper into the room, his gaze dropped to my feet, and worked its way back to my face. I was wearing faded jeans, boots, and a snug pink Juicy T-shirt I got on sale at TJ Maxx last summer that said I’m a Juicy girl. “I bet you are,” he (JZB) murmured."

And from Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning "You, Ms. Lane, are a menace to others! A walking, talking catastrophe in pink!" ~JZB.

Ahhh and then there is Pia speaking to Dragos in Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison "She called me ‘my lady,’ ” she told him in a plaintive voice. “I don’t know who that is. I’m no lady.” The last of his fury faded away to be replaced with a quick gleam. He peered under the sheet. “I can attest to that."

From Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian "Barely awake and already starting in with the questions.You were alot easier to take when you were sleeping." - Rio to Dylan"

From Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) by Christine Feehan "Someone needs to drag you kicking and screaming into this century." Raven to Michail.

message 9: by Pam (new)

Pam | 13 comments OOOOOOOH Katya, *jumping up and down like a cheerleader* some of my favorites!!!!!

And I just LOVED Dragon Bound, so glad to see someone else who's enjoyed this =)

message 10: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) @Katya You picked all my favorites! =D

message 11: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments Pam wrote: "OOOOOOOH Katya, *jumping up and down like a cheerleader* some of my favorites!!!!!

And I just LOVED Dragon Bound, so glad to see someone else who's enjoyed this =)"

Wasn't Dragon Bound Fantastic? I loved it.

message 12: by Pam (new)

Pam | 13 comments I think it was the best book I read in a long time. And I can't wait for Storms Heart in Aug, Tiago and Tricks, YAYYYYYYYY!

message 13: by Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ (last edited Jun 06, 2011 11:09AM) (new)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 152 comments All of the above!

Charlie from Dying Bites (DD.Barant)
"I look over at him. He stares straight ahead.
"So," I say. "Golem, huh?"
"I prefer the term 'Mineral-American."

This Side of the Grave (Jeaniene Frost)
"What the hell was that?” I gasped. “Premature inflammation,” he replied. “Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing. I don’t like to talk about it."

Embrace the Night (Karen Chance)
"Not really hungry.'
She’ll eat.' Pritkin said curtly.
I said —'
If you starve to death it would damage my professional reputation.'
I eat plenty.'
The same does not apply should I strangle you in understandable irritation, however.'
I’ll have a sandwich,' I told Nick. 'No meat."

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura Carson (laurarcarson) | 40 comments Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "All of the above!
This Side of the Grave (Jeaniene Frost)
"What the hell was that?” I gasped. “Premature inflammation,” he replied. “Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing. I don’t like to talk about it."

I just read this last night and was laughing so hard! I love the humor in these, and the Fever series.

message 15: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) "I have three words for you," EMT Guy said. "Possible internal bleeding."

I turned back to him. "Don't you think if I was bleeding internally, I'd know somewhere deep inside? Like, internally?"
— Darynda Jones (First Grave on the Right)

message 16: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments Jennifer wrote: ""I have three words for you," EMT Guy said. "Possible internal bleeding."

I turned back to him. "Don't you think if I was bleeding internally, I'd know somewhere deep inside? Like, internally?"
..."

Good one Jennifer-loved this line.....and don't ya just love Paranormal romance lit?....there are so many wise guys & smart asses in them. I just crack up!

message 17: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Yes! I love the smartasses! lol

message 18: by Cynfully Sweet (new)

Cynfully Sweet (cynfully_sweet) | 26 comments "You're Mac. And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond rules for me. Do you understand that?" I did. Jericho Barrons just told me he loved me.

Barrons to Mac in Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

message 19: by Katya (last edited Jul 03, 2011 09:14AM) (new)

Katya | 327 comments Here are some good lines from Christine Feehan's Dark Demon Dark Demon (Carpathians, #16) by Christine Feehan

"'Woman, what are you doing?' he asked...She nearly jumped out of her skin.....'You were supposed to be unconscious, not waiting to see how you can aggravate me.'...'Leave me here,' he said....'If you aren't going to say anything helpful, just shut up. I need to think.'"

"'...it requires great concentration (Healing) and if he stays quiet and dosen't say anything stupid to make me so mad that I want to add a few extra wounds to him, then it might just work.' Natalya told Slavica.....Vikirnoff's mouth curved into a faint smile. 'She sounds so loving.'"

"This is great news. My intended is the undead waiting to happen. Do I have a neon sign stamped on my forehead? If you're a bloodsucking evil monster, willing to murder and wreak havoc, please apply."

"She snapped her teeth together. 'Do you do it on purpose? What?' She yanked her pack to her and added two water bottles. 'Irritate the hell out of me? Perhaps it is a gift,' he answered."

"Just that I never wanted Donna Reed or June Clever, It has always been Xena, warrior woman who had my heart, said Vikirnoff. That revelation just came to you right there in the middle of the bog, did it? said Natalya."

"You are a little slow on the uptake there Gomer."

"'I want you to know that I am not mad at you anymore Vikirnoff'.....His eyebrow shot up. 'Were you angry with me?' She scowled at him. 'Yes I was angry with you. Sheesh! You didn't even notice?'....'Do you realize how upsetting that is? All this time I thought you were suffering because I was mad at you, but you didn't even notice.' He answered, 'I am sorry, I should have been more observant.'"

message 20: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4144 comments Mod
Katya wrote: ""'Woman, what are you doing?' he asked...She nearly jumped out of her skin.....'You were supposed to be unconscious, not waiting to see how you can aggravate me.'...'Leave me here,' he said....'If you aren't going to say anything helpful, just shut up. I need to think.'""

Yep, a dangerous bad boy would say something like that. He told the heroine to shut up. That's bad!

message 21: by Palwasha (new)

Palwasha | 12 comments "Psycho-ass? You're bringing Psycho-ass back?"
"That's Mr. Psycho-ass to you, punk."
- Kenyon novel. i forgot if it was kyrian or ach who said it.

message 22: by Hermilene (new)

Hermilene | 2 comments “I'm not the hero, Mac. Never have been. Never will be. Let us be perfectly clear: I'm not the antihero, either, so quit waiting to discover my hidden potential. There's nothing to redeem me.”

Jericho Z Barrons - Shadowfever

message 23: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Maybach (PaperShredder) | 8 comments “This isn't a romance. You're not a damsel in distress and I'm not the handsome prince come to save you.”
― C.J. Roberts, Captive in the Dark