Start by marking “Dark Demon (Dark, #13)” as Want to Read:
Dark Demon (Dark, #13)

Dark Demon

(Dark #13)

Christine Feehan has worked magic on a legion of fans with her darkly thrilling Carpathian tales. Now she delivers the provocative story of a female vampire slayer who proves as seductive - and mysterious - as the night dwellers she stalks...

For as long as she can remember, Natalya has been fighting demons; first in the form of childhood nightmares, then later, immortal cr
Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Published March 28th 2006 by Jove (first published March 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Demon, please sign up.
Kacey You can read any of them as a stand alone, but there's a stronger back story, undercurrants and side-characters that you won't be able to fully…moreYou can read any of them as a stand alone, but there's a stronger back story, undercurrants and side-characters that you won't be able to fully appreciate or understand unless you take the time to read the other books.

I've read them all, and now when I re-read I skip around and read my favorites in the series instead of re-reading all of them. I'm still able to keep up with what's going on by skipping a few books between each of my favorites, but mostly because I've read it before and my memory refreshes when it touches on something I might have forgotten. (less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Xena warrior woman Stars

*Spoilers*

First read August 2012 Reread February 10, 2016
February 8 2017

"Do you think I'm going to make it easy on you? I'm not really happy with you, Freddie boy." This time the anger stayed. Brown stains appeared on his teeth. "I am not Freddie. Who is Freddie? My name is Henrik." "You don't get out much do you? Haven't you ever watched the late night movies? Freddie's a regular star. A very ugly mass murderer, much like yourself"-Natalya and vampire

photo 17928530_zpsd35ktu66.gif

She was not acti
Cyndi
Another fantastic read in this series! I loved Vikirnoff- he is an amazing hero! He is right up there with Gregori! Natalya was awesome- she had so many different gifts and she can use magic! I loved it! Gregori was in this one briefly- I always want more Gregori, but I don't like him being injured:(
Susan
Dark Demon is book 16 of Christine Feehan's wonderful Dark Carpathian series. This is the story of Natalya Shonski and Vikirnoff von Shrieder. We first met Natalya in Feehan's Dark Secret and Vikirnoff in Dark Destiny.

Always on the run from vampires and Carpathian hunters, Natalya is part dark mage, part human, and part Carpathian. Her Carpathian bloodline is from one of the oldest and most respected of all Carpathian families: the Dragonseekers. Poisoned against the Carpathian people by the tr
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Vikirnoff finally catches up to Natalya, the woman in the photo, as she's facing off a couple of vampires and some crazed wolves in the Carpathian mountains. He's met his match in Natalya though - she's mouthy, capable, independent and powerful in her own right: she's of the Dragonseeker line, and part Mage, part Carpathian and part human. Led to believe that the hunters killed her brother and would kill her if they find her, it's a bit strange that she doesn't attack Vikirnoff beyond a moment o ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of a great action heroine and awesome paranormal with great action scenes
Wow, this book takes the story to another level by introducing the mage storyline. As if the Carpathian series wasn't intricate enough. I found it hard to follow some of the mage aspects, yet I was sucked in. Not only that, Natalya was one seriously kickbutt heroine. She was a total badass with all her weapons. A girl after my own heart. She even has a sword. I just loved how she jumped into the fray, guns blazing, sword swinging, and flinging knives. The part where she fights the shadow warrior ...more
Erika
4.5 Stars

Some parts dragged a bit in the first half and Feehan probably could have cut out 75 pages. BUT, I still loved it. The last 40% was spectacular. I had to make a mind adjustment for all these new paranormal creatures and concepts. In some ways, I miss the simplicity of the first books, but I understand that the author had to expand and change things to keep it interesting.

Vikirnoff was AWESOME!!! Loved that stoic, solid, ultra-supportive, badass hero. Natalya was quite the smart mouth to
Chitra *CJ*
"Dark Demon" is the story of Natalya and Vikirnoff.
Natalya is the fighter of the dark- a Xena warrior-esque tigress having 1/3 of Carpathian,Human and Mage blood in her. The murder and memories of her twin Razwan and her parents dead cloud her memories, making her hunt vampires and have hatred against the Carpathians.
When one such fight goes awry, she unwillingly summons Vikirnoff, a Carpathian on the verge on darkness- who turns out to be her lifemate.
Together they along with Mikhail and some n
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This was a really good story. I didn't have time to leave a review it when I got done and then when I tried to write a review yesterday my PC crashed and I lost the review. I'm making another attempt but is it's not as detailed as my normal reviews, it's not because of any fault of the story.

Natalya is a strong and intelligent woman. She is a descendant of the rare dragonseekers line of the Carpathian people. Because of lies and mind manipulation, Natalya doesn't have an accurate idea
CC
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, safe-for-me, series
Natalya totally rocked! I liked Vikirnoff too, but I was really impressed with Natalya. She kicked ass. Not sure when the Carpathians became the weaker species, but they seem to be getting their asses kicked a lot. This was a great edition to the series.
Karyn
Mar 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be my favourite book ever. I know i know i've said that for quite a few of the Carpathian Series, but if Feehan can actually top this one, then hats off to you lady.

Dark Demon had equal quantities of everything - romance, mystery, great characters, great situations, amazing conversations.. you know everything you want in a good book.

Natalya is part mage, part Carpathain and all woman. She's a movie addict with hilarious results - like calling the vampire Freddie Boy. She has grit
Debbie
Sep 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The only thing keeping Vikirnoff Von Shrieder from seeking out the dawn (to end his existence) was the search for a specific psychic woman that had started in the US (Dark Destiny) and finally brought him back to his home in the Carpathian Mountains. The miracle of her being his lifemate brought on fear and terror first because his first site of Natalya Shonski was of her in battle with a vampire. Growing up, Natalya and her twin Razvan learned the art of magick and she knew of Carpathians, vamp ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a devoted fan of Christine Feehan and my most favorite series is her world of the fascinating and exciting Carpathians.

I have enjoyed all books in the series but book #16, Dark Demon, I really loved. Finally we get Natalya & Virkirnoff who we have met in previous books but never together.

Natalya who is part Carpathian & Mage (loved this addition to the series with wizards, dragons) is strong, independent, skilled in the arts of mage, a fighter and a loner, who has been hiding from
Jane
Jun 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
love all of Christine Feehan books, so I could be a little prejudice on that score.
This story is about Natalya who is (Carpathian, Mage and Dragonseeker who is the oldest bloodline of the Carpathians). She was also gifted with being part tiger, which she can turn into when she is cornered by the vampires. She also carries a Dragonseeker birthmark, that burns whenever a vampire gets near or in the vacinity of her. Her mage blood line comes from the Carpathians sworn enemy, who stole a Carpathian
Sara
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is okay. It's not the best of the Dark series, but it's not the worst either. It wasn't very memorable for me, which is a shame, because the other Dark series books have been incredibly memorable. I do know I liked both the hero, Virkinoff, and the heroine, Natalya. I liked their romance; they had really good chemistry, and their relationship developed along easier lines than some of the other Dark romances. But I did feel like there were a few too many sex scenes in the book. I felt l ...more
Elektragedia
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
definitivamente este libro me dio mas datos acerca de la serie, no niego me gusto, ahora ya lo que toca es terminar de leer la serie aunque con este serian cinco y van muchos, no se tiran densos ni cañones solo que la autora no se apiada de nosotros y sigue escribiendo
Iris Benson
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This one of the best dark series book that I have read. I can't wait to read the next book.
Emerald
iamGamz
This book kicked so much ass!

Love Natalya! Like really love her. Vikirnoff a lucky man.

Their book was epic. Their battles were vicious! That battle in the ice cave. Couldn’t put the book down. Natalya’s magik skills. OMG! And she shifts into a TIGER! A freaking tiger!

And CF added Mikhail, Raven, Falcon, Sara into the mix and introduced Dominic. And that final freakin battle. Holy crap! I had to read it twice to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

So I kinda luuurved the hell out of this book. The
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Its been more than 10 years since I’ve read one of these Dark installments and I have to say the grow of the female protagonist is astounding. I love that she’s strong, she’s powerful, she’s tough, she’s confident, she’s everything that used to disappoint me about the early females except for the cop.
So Christine Feehan, Yes!
It moved very fast but of course for me the boring parts where is the sex scenes. All in all I’m a happy camper.
Amyiw
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
It is really hard for me to rate these book now. This I give a 3 to on my regular scale compared to all the other books read, but I want to rate it against the other books in the series. I just don't feel that I can do that anymore as I have read some really good PNR, which is good all the way through. Lots of Kresley Cole, Nalini Singh, Larissa Ione or even Jeaniene Frost is like that. These books are just not. There are a lot of parts that are dragging and outright boring, yet the overall stor ...more
RabidReader
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this book several years ago. Found it at a used bookstore. The cover caught my eye. Guy thing. Throw fire colors, dragons and black on a cover - we'll read anything, or at least pick it up.

Decided to read it again.

Anyway, it's interesting to read one of the Carpathians books, knowing it came out years ago. So many books I've read are so similar (the Kings series by Keough, Vampire Academy (less the graphic sex stuff), but most definitely the plot lines.

One thing that I really noticed was
KatieV
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
I thought this was a particularly good entry into the series. I love the series books that bring back old characters and we got to see quite a few here, even if some appearances were very brief. We only get to see Gregori quite briefly :(

This book really expanded the mythology so I enjoyed that. There have a been a few novels in this series that were just sex scene after sex scene and I found myself tuning out as I waited for the story to pick back up. YMMV, but I only require a couple of sex s
Lisa
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I like this series. I really do. But, this is book #16 and the formula is getting a bit stale.

1. Dark, handsome Carpathian male on the verge of turning into a vampire suddenly finds his lifemate in a human or part-human woman
2. Human or part-human female hell bent on being resisitant to said Carpathian and his "dominate" ways DESPITE the fact that her panties get in a twist everytime she looks at him
3. A few vampire battles
4. Healing from said battles (chanting, soil, mystical healing through b
Ally
Apr 02, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008, ebook
Natalya Shonski is a vampire hunter, descended from a revered line of Carpathians known as the Dragonseekers and the most powerful mage in history. She hates and fears both vampires and Carpathians alike and has spent her life fighting them. Carpathian Vikirnoff van Schreider is dangerously close to turning vampire when he discovers Natalya and realises that she is his lifemate. But Natalya is unlike any other Carpathian he has ever known - dangerous in her own right, she refuses to let him figh ...more
Mary
Sep 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
Absolutely awful! Terrible cliche romance-novel characters (oh, she's such a STRONG-WILLED FIGHTING WOMAN WHO CAN'T BE TAMED, oh, he's such a MANLY MAN, THE "STRONG SILENT" TYPE) and so mary-sue it was untrue (oh, she's only amazing at fighting and spells, she's only super intelligent and beautiful and also can just happen to turn into a tiger, huh?).

Read this book at random out of a terrible selection at a hostel whilst travelling - I had no idea about the Carpathian storyline, and upon finish
Meghan
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book on its own, but I also feel this is an instrumental book to the whole series as the power and purpose of Xavier and mages start to be known. It also introduces the reader to the Dragonseeker lineage in more detail and I am loving the storyline! Both main characters in this book are charismatic, strong and crazy talented. Fun book and love how it finished their story but not the mage or dragonseeker story line!
~Megan~
Dec 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Definitely my favorite Carpathian novel so far! I loved Vikirnoff...I found him oddly sweet. I liked that he understood Natalya's need to fight and accepted her for who she was. Other Carpathians have not been so understanding.

I enjoyed seeing more of Dominic and can't wait to get to his book. Looking ahead and seeing that Razvan has his own book, I guess I can assume he's not evil or dead. I would like to know his story.

It's been a long break for me since I read my last Carpathian book, and I'
Kathrynn
Dec 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
#16 in Carpathian series and for some reason, Ms. Feehan does not include this in her Leopard Series, but this is both a Carpathian and Leopard Series book. Natalya is one of the Leopard People. Vik (is the Carpathian). It was a good read!

In the back of this book:
Appendix 1 (Carpathian Healing Chants)
Appendix 2 (Carpathian Language)

Huh! I'm sure someone thought that was necessary ;-)
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
I had almost given up on this series. I was hoping that this book would restore my faith in the series and it delivered. I was pleased with both of the main characters and the storyline was fresh in comparison to the others. I now look forward to reading the next in the series, after a short break.
Mary Dover
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This book was a reread for me, because this book is absolutely amazing.
Dark Demon storyline question (spoiler?) 4 50 Nov 25, 2012 03:00AM

• Dark Hunger
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Master of Swords (Mageverse #4)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Author-2-Author #3: Christine Feehan
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, #2)
  • Into the Flame (Darkness Chosen, #4)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Dark (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • Dark Gold (Dark, #3)
  • Dark Magic (Dark, #4)
  • Dark Challenge (Dark, #5)
  • Dark Fire (Dark, #6)
  • Dark Legend (Dark, #7)
  • Dark Guardian (Dark, #8)
  • Dark Symphony (Dark, #9)
  • Dark Melody (Dark, #10)
“Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.” 228 likes
“I killed Freddie the vamp like twenty times, but he wouldn't die.
--Natalya Shonski ”