What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Apprentice
This topic is about The Apprentice
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, girl is servant to witch [s]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments I believe I read the book in the 80s. Girl is servant to evil witch. Powerful wizard is in love with girl and does little things to help her out, but promised witch's former mentor he wouldn't hurt her. I think he might have invaded girl's dreams to help her realize her power. I'm pretty sure the cover was black. Any help is greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 703 comments Was this a YA or adult novel?

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments Miriam wrote: "Was this a YA or adult novel?"

I'm pretty sure it was young adult.

message 4: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (renfrew) | 48 comments Does the witch live in a crystal cave?

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments I don't think so. I thought it was on top of a mountain, but I could be wrong.

message 6: by Diane ~Firefly~ (last edited Oct 05, 2012 08:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments I still have no clues on this book, if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate the help. I do remember some merchant coming to barter with the witch and the witch had killed her former mentor before the story started.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Hm, it does sound like a memorable book - I hope someone who knows it sees your bump!

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments Thanks, me too.

message 9: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Did they turn into birds? I remember a book along these lines where the characters could turn into birds, though the name escapes me.

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments I don't recall them turning into birds, but it's been so long that it is certainly possible.

message 11: by Julia (new)

Julia (varbalow) | 4 comments This doesn't have all of the elements, but I thought I'd mention "The Crystal Palace" by Phyllis Eisenstein.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments Thanks, but that isn't it.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Could it possibly be The Apprentice?

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments I think that might actually be it! I am in awe that you found it. Thank you so much. Now I just need to get a copy :)

message 15: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Oct 29, 2013 05:01PM) (new) - added it

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "I think that might actually be it! I am in awe that you found it. Thank you so much. Now I just need to get a copy :)"

Youre welcome! Im glad I could help.

I wasnt even looking for it to be honest. Just casually googling for a fantasy book and there it was...and I remembered this post. lol

I wouldnt mind reading this book myself though it looks very exciting :)