Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Vampire Series?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tricia (new)

Tricia  | 4 comments Hi! I'm new to the PR group...I've read Twilight, CH's Louisiana Vampire Series, Thirst and Vampire Diaries when it first came out (90's). Does anybody recommend anymore addicting vampire book series??? I need a fix until Dead in the Family comes out :) Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments Do you do hot romance at all? If so...Christine Feehan's Carpathians (Dark series), Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters/Were Hunters/Dream Hunters, Angela Knight's vampires... Mine are a little more sensual, but you have to watch with mine, since some are HEA and some are not. My site has a rating scale for books to let you skip non-HEA books, if it's really not your thing. My series is called Night Warriors. For comedy (well, Kenyon has a lot of humor in hers, but...) Mary Janice Davidson writes a good paranormal humor set of Undead vampires.

Brenna

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 330 comments If you like funny and sexy adventurous vamps, then you'll like the following:

Night Huntress and Night Huntress World Series by Jeaniene Frost

The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Tricia, I'll second the recommendation for Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters and also recommend my favorite vampire series - J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.

There are also a couple of listopia lists you might find useful

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/11...

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/39...

message 5: by Teri (new)

Teri | 1 comments Tricia- You might want to read Kerrilynn Sparks or Lynsay Sands. Both write with a lot of humor.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood is great.

Kresley Cole's, Immortals after dark

Gena Showalter's Lord's of the Underworld

message 7: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments My favorite Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance series (in no particular order):
Nora Robert’s The Circle Trilogy
Patricia Briggs’s Mercedes Lackey series
Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter
Faith Hunter’s Jane Yellowrock series
Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampires series
Carrie Vaughn’s Kitty Norville series
Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series
Carole Nelson Douglas’s Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator series
Justin Gustainis’s Quincy Morris Supernatural Investigation series
C. E. Murphy’s The Negotiator Trilogy
Christine Warren’s The Others series
Yasmine Galenorn’s Sisters of the Moon/Otherworld series
Kim Harrison’s Rachel Morgan series
Mercedes Lackey’s Diana Tregarde Investigation series

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Bloodsucking Fiends" by Christopher Moore is a great alternative vampire story,

"Evernight" (and the serie) by Claudia Gray is also great!

and then there's "Vampire Kisses" by Ellen Schreiber. Personally I can't recommend it, but maybe somebody else would like it!

message 9: by Tricia (new)

Tricia  | 4 comments Wow thanks everyone!!! I'll look into ALL of the recommendations! :)))

message 10: by Dede (new)

Dede | 3 comments Can anyone recommend any books similar to J. R. Wards Brotherhood series? I truly loved this series and am waiting for her newest book but would like to broaden my bookshelf. Any recommendations would be truly welcome!

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz I have a new vampire series coming out this year-The Dark Kiss Trilogy. The first book is available on Amazon,with the others to follow in the next few months.

A few Goodreads members have given it a review, and I love to hear from readers!!

Happy reading!

Liz Strange

message 12: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 1020 comments Mod
Dede wrote: "Can anyone recommend any books similar to J. R. Wards Brotherhood series? I truly loved this series and am waiting for her newest book but would like to broaden my bookshelf. Any recommendations ..."

Series that have a similar warrior-brother theme:

Lara Adrian's Midnight Breeds Series (I usually call this BDB lite...LOL)
Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld
Alyssa Day's Warriors of Poseidon

Not exactly the same as BDB, but excellent series in my opinion and worth checking out:

Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series
Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series

message 13: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments Liz wrote: "I have a new vampire series coming out this year-The Dark Kiss Trilogy. The first book is available on Amazon,with the others to follow in the next few months.

A few Goodreads members have given ..."

it sounds really great. ill check it out soon.

message 14: by Liz (new)

Liz Hi Mariya-

Please let me know what you think when you get a chance to read it.

Hope you enjoy it.

Liz

message 15: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments Dont forget Meljean Brook's Guardian series and Ilona Andrews' wonderful magic series and Any of Keri Arthur's series.

message 16: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Dede, you might want to check out the Demonica series by Larissa Ione. They're not exactly like the BDB books, but they have some of the same enjoyable elements and their own appeal. ;)

message 17: by Dede (new)

Dede | 3 comments You know, you guys are go GREAT! I really like being on this site and sharing feedback. Thanks for all the recommendations and I'm making a list.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments I just started the Black Dagger Brotherhood and blew through the first book, so glad I took the plunge and bought the first 6 in the box set.....great story and action packed from page one, just the way I like them!

message 19: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Henderson (Wh1tn3y3) | 4 comments I love Lara Adrian.....her books are amazing.........

message 20: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments Liz wrote: "Hi Mariya-

Please let me know what you think when you get a chance to read it.

Hope you enjoy it.

Liz"

just ebook is avaiable rite now, correct? wanna make sure..