This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Why does the new always suck

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner Ok, so you are trying to jump on the sinking ship of green vehicles... I know it is gay, but why do you insist on putting emphasis on how gay it is.

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/See/Can-A...

http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/

want people* to buy your shit then make it cool like:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/
or
http://www.jeep.com/en/2010/wrangler_...

* and by people I mean those other then a few penny-less hippies

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments i was the other day on a high way... and we saw this thing so we started wondering... you think any judge will send you to jail if you ran over it if you driving a big ass truck and claim that you just didnt saw it?? cuz i'll be honest if i was the one driving a big ass trucki that exactly what i'd do! make the world a cleaner place! and kill a fucking hippie!

Servius  Heiner We are on the same side of this issue... All I think when I look at that car is; what a waste of plastic.

message 4: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Naw, you should be encouraging others to buy them, more gas left over for you and your wasteful guzzler.

Servius  Heiner There is plenty of gas to guzzle, nobody needs to drive gay.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments i'm tired of this "green" obsession... is like everything they make that's "green" is fucking gay!

Servius  Heiner Hence this thread.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

message 8: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Isn't there concern about geological reserves running out? What if gas prices shoot up again (say, to the prices current in Europe where it's maybe 4x higher)? Could you afford to drive then?

Green is sexy! Gay or not, it's still hot. The rhyme was unintentional; I hope it gets stuck in your heads.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Eh... i dont drive... and i'm a vegetarian... i save more water and resurces that you and 10 of your friends put together... that's not why i do it tho... but still... still! most green products looks stupid and i can't help myself but to hate those people! did you know i have problems with the "organic" shit people??? with their smug looks and stuf... there they sit thinking that they better than everyone else...

message 10: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Yeah, I hate them, too. Smugness always makes me want to hit.

message 11: by Servius Heiner (last edited Mar 15, 2010 10:19AM) (new)

Servius  Heiner I don't want to get too serious here but...

There is plenty of resources to hold over the developed world and the developing world, wail the next generation technologies are developed. Shortages are directly related to legislative, and industry practices. They are not genuine shortages.

This doesn't mean I don't want to see clean energy or the next woohoo engine that runs off of baby vomit, but I do think it needs to work before I am forced to buy it... or before it's competitors are legislated out of business.

message 12: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments But if the competitors are actively preventing new technology development, directing their lobbyers to funnel federal funding away from these areas of research and stifling any entrepreneurship by buying out the inventions and slapping a copyright/patent on it....

Servius  Heiner Question: If you are an ideologically motivated inventor/innovator would you sell out your ideology your planet for a few million bucks? Thus transforming you into the very creature you set out to defeat? The answer is, no, you wouldn't.

Lobbyist are the son of Satan and we really do need to do something about them, but they are not the universal boogieman. Neither is the multi-national mega corporations.

A lot of these "cutting" edge green technologies that you hear about that seem to disappear are purchased by major corporations. Not to bury them but to exploit them. Most however end up being red herrings that looked promising but don't work, or don't meet expectations (i.e. bio-fuels)

message 14: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Some were deceived, and some innovators are financially motivated. Drats, I know it's their right.

No, there's no one badguy, we're all complicit in perpetuating all the problems. In that respect, Alfonso is probably beating all of us at the green game.

message 15: by Servius Heiner (last edited Mar 15, 2010 11:30AM) (new)

Servius  Heiner Eh! wrote: "Some were deceived, and some innovators are financially motivated...."

The individual inventors motivations don't really need to be considered. The great thing about science is, If it is true for you it is true for me, so even if you sold your baby vomit engine to Toyota, I could still (using the same principle) manufacture one similar with Volkswagen. This doesn't happen, not because of the cover-up capabilities of the evil capitalist corporate empires but because the FUCKING SHIT DOESN'T EXIST!

*yet.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments There's nothing wrong with green, only with looking gay.

(I thought this thread was getting off track.)

message 17: by Wild for Wilde (new)

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) my parents told my sis they would buy her any car she wanted for her 18th birthday. she could have chosen an audi, a bmw, a range rover, anything. guess what she picked? a smart car. and my parents dont let her drive it on certain highways because it would be too dangerous. leave it to left wing extremist hippies to buy a car they cant drive.

Servius  Heiner There is nothing wrong with being gay, only looking gay.

message 19: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments So I saw a lesbian couple driving a cube. They were green. They were gay. They looked really gay. Allow me to quote David*: "What do you think of those apples? Does is make you feel weird?"

*he might be living.

Servius  Heiner Doesn't make me feel anything...

A little satisfaction in the knowing that there are actually a few gay people that actually look gay...

Question, did you stop them to ask if they were gay? Or are you just assuming like a fucking dirty bigot?

message 21: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments The former. But trust me. I didn't even need to turn on my gaydar.

message 22: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I meant the latter. The one where I'm a bigot.

Servius  Heiner You are so a bigot...

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

message 24: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) There's nothing wrong with being a bigot, only acting like a bigot.

Anyone care for some BBQ? I'm going to Maurice's Piggy Park.

message 25: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Get the hash, and a pulled pork sandwich. The brisket and the ribs, i can't vouch for.

message 26: by David (new)

David I am getting quoted a lot, people love me.

message 27: by David (last edited Mar 17, 2010 08:03AM) (new)

David Oh what I really love about all of this (20 years of being vegetarian by the way) is selling credits to these organic high falutins. In the carbon credits program, any manufacturer or person can be certified to reduce global warming. If a beef company, for example, swears to 20% produce less meat, I can get a wad of cash for it when certified and have the promise enter the futures market (like sugar, corn, etcetera). If you, for example, promise to eat less gassy food, they can theorize, "measure" the reduced output of your bunghole, calculate the carbon credits and write you a check.

Servius  Heiner Crops are far more damaging to the enviroment then cattle. Do I get a check for pointing that out, beefeater?