Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Individual Book Discussions > What Are You Reading Right Now?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 3,703 (3703 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 74 75

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Share the current book you're reading, the one you just finished, or one you plan to read!

I'm reading Incarceron...it's really good!

message 2: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea

Because it's only the greatest thing ever.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I'm reading Hush, Hush right now. I'm really looking forward to the book club meeting on this. The only other girl in the club hates this type of romance and goes on long rants (that always relate back to Twilight) about them.

message 4: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments I loved Hush, Hush! I'm reading At Face Value and Shiver. I was reading only At Face Value, but then the stupid writing assessment came today, and I had already given my teacher Shiver so I could read it after I finished.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ranger's apprentice #7 Erak's Ransom

message 6: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Monson (Bai13y) | 2 comments I am reading confessions of a shopoholec...its good...but when they are talking about finances I totally dont even pay attention...partly becuase its boring...and partly becuase I have no idea what they are talking about!!!

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Amber wrote: "Rae*The Ultimate Percabeth Fan* wrote: "I loved Hush, Hush! I'm reading At Face Value and Shiver. I was reading only At Face Value, but then the stupid writing assessm..."

how did you get ahold of LINGER? do you have an ARC or something?

message 8: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments I keep getting Hush, Hush, which I haven't read, mixed up with Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale which I have...

message 9: by Anika (new)

Anika Currently reading: "Gilda Joyce The Dead Drop" and "I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You"

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I have an ARC of Linger too! I won it at my library's bingo night. XD

I'm liking Hush, Hush quite a bit. :D

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass by: Lewis Carrol

And

Jamaica Inn by: Daphne Du Maurier

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Darren Shan The Vampire Prince wrote: "ranger's apprentice #7 Erak's Ransom"

Oh my gosh, there's seven books!? I only read the first two but I absolutely LOVED them! I can't believe there are so many. I thought that there were only four in all. Gotta add that to my to-read.

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Hah, yes of course. It has just about all of my favorite actors and actresses in it. I basically decided to read the book simply because my mum and sister LOVED it and I figured: it's short and looks quite charming, so why not?

message 14: by Diana (last edited Mar 09, 2010 05:50PM) (new)

Diana I just finished reading Acting Out by Katy Grant. I like it better the first book in that series. Now I'm debating wether to read Huckleberry Finn or An Old Fashioned Girl by Lousia M Alcott.

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Diana wrote: "I just finished reading Acting Out by Katy Grant. I like it better the first book in that series. Now I'm debating wether to read Huckleberry Finn or An Old Fashioned Girl by Lousia M Alcott."

Read An Old Fashioned Girl! It's such a sweet little book! I absolutely LOVE Louisa May Alcott! Have you read any of her other books?

message 16: by Diana (new)

Diana Not yet, although I was supposed to read Little Women for school a couple weeks ago.

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Diana wrote: "Not yet, although I was supposed to read Little Women for school a couple weeks ago."

My favorites of hers are: Little Women, and A Long Fatal Love Chase.

You HAVE to read Little Women though. No one should die without sinking into the depths of it's beautiful, classic pages.

message 18: by Diana (new)

Diana Ok then, I guess I'll be reading it as soon as I finish Huck. Finn

message 19: by Jordan (last edited Mar 09, 2010 06:05PM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments I loved it. Though it made me sad...

Did you know there's a movie adaptation with Christian Bale? I remember watching it and saying "Wait, no! That's not Laurie!"

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Jordan wrote: "I loved it. Though it made me sad...

Did you know there's a movie adaptation with Christian Bale? I remember watching it and saying "Wait, no! That's not Laurie!""

Ugh, just hearing the name 'Laurie' springs tears into my eyes. But I wont spoil anything!

message 21: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (ihellojam) The Van Alen Legacy!!!!!
-by: Melissa De La Cruz

message 22: by Diana (last edited Mar 09, 2010 08:30PM) (new)

Diana Well, I started An Old Fashioned Girl and I am really liking it.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "Haha...Christian Bale....He was a voice in Pocahontas too. And he was in a musical :) I guess he had a thing for chick flicks for a while.

BATMAN!!!"

**GASP** NEWSIES!!! That's my favorite Bale movie!!

message 24: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
lol.
Im reading The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon -by Stephan King
Next im gonna read Operation Typhoon Shore 2 by Joshua Mowell.

message 25: by Jade (new)

Jade | 25 comments I'm reading the Hunger Games catching fire. I recommend it cause its the best!

message 26: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
i LOVE LOVE LOVE catching Fire!
Especially Finnick and Johanna

message 27: by Kacey Rai (new)

Kacey Rai | 131 comments I'm currently reading Luxe but finding it rather slow and boring-ish

message 28: by Diana (new)

Diana What's it about?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Hannah wrote: "Darren Shan The Vampire Prince wrote: "ranger's apprentice #7 Erak's Ransom"

Oh my gosh, there's seven books!? I only read the first two but I absolutely LOVED them! I can't believe there are so..."

theres way more than that it came out in austrailia and so theres like nine in australia but 7 in the US so yeah a lot more than seven

message 30: by Miss Ryoko (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) | 349 comments I'm reading "Kafka on the Shore" by Haruki Murakami. It's interesting... but I can't wait to dive into Christopher Moore after this! (I'm going to reread "Bloodsucking Fiends" and "You Suck" before I read the third installment, "You Bite"!!)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I just finished Hush, Hush. I liked it. It's not my favorite book, but it was really enjoyable. I liked that the main character actually recognized the creepiness of the romantic lead, unlike other main characters...

Now, I'm starting on the books that I got when my library group went to the ALA convention (which was awesome). Right now, I'm reading Evermore. I'm not a big fan so far, but that might change. Seriously, where did the author get those names from?

message 32: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Here goes:

I just finished The Giver. And I did not like it at all. Sorry in advance to Giver fans, but I really did not enjoy it.

I also just finished The Hunger Games. That is one of the best books I have read recently.... It was AMAZING!!!!! I bought myself Catching Fire today, and I plan on reading it as soon as I finish my unabridged edition of The Count of Monte Cristo.

message 33: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments CMC is AMAZING. I read an abridged version for school, but my teacher noticed how much I loved it and said to read the unabridged and that it was even better.

Giver... Was worth reading simply because I hear comments like, "Oh, you mean like in The Giver?" in Social Studies ALL THE TIME, so now I know what they were talking about. I just thought it was... Poorly written. Maybe I'd've liked it if I'd read it when I was younger like everyone else did, but I don't like it now.

message 34: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments I'm reading CoMC, too. (can't see CMC, that's country music channel :)

I'm not too far in, though.
Blame school, and The Book Thief...

message 35: by Diana (new)

Diana I really want to read The Book Thief!!!!!!!!! I haven't read CoMC but I guess I will someday.

message 36: by Taylor (last edited Mar 11, 2010 09:36PM) (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Oh, my goodness, I have seen the first 20 minutes of it. And I GLARED at the screen and muttered "This is total CRUD" under my breath the whole time. And my teacher would walk by me laughing because she had known I would hate it.

Since I don't know who Andre is, I'm guessing they left that out of my abridged version..... I'm glad the one we got had Maximilien and Valentine in it, though. Another class had an edition without Maximilien and Valentine's story in it.

So the reason the class got the abridged version was that the kids in my class are LAZY. Anyone can get into honors classes these days, so even if you don't have the remotest shred of a work ethic you can be in honors classes. And my teacher knew that if she assigned a book that was over 1000 pages no one would read it, they would try to get by on SparkNotes, would fail their tests and essays on it and therefore fail her class. The really unfortunate thing about my school is they seem to think if a lot of students in a class are failing that it's the teacher's fault, when most of the time it's lazy kids. So the teachers get in trouble for the kids being idiots. It's terrible.

That's why my teacher showed the movie, too. She was trying to get the other kids interested while also making the point that the movie is AWFUL compared to the book. And that it's not the same, so don't go trying to watch the movie and write your papers that way.

I have to say, though, the guy who plays Dantes in the movie is kinda attractive.....

message 37: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments And The Book Thief is EXCELLENT. One of the best books I've ever read. Easily in my top 5.

message 38: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments The Book Thief is amazing. And making me cry. And now must be put down because I have an essay (about T.S Eliot's poetry) to write. Only about one hundred pages to go, though...

message 39: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments *runs to grab copy of The Book Thief* *figures out why Jordan is crying about 100 pages away from the finish* OH! I get it now. That is a sad part. I lost it about 20 pages from the finish...

Yeah, that is just a bad movie.... Blah... And you're right, even the hottest guy in the world as Edmond wouldn't've made much of a difference..... Maybe it would've made me keep watching, but it wouldn't've made the movie better...

That's EXACTLY how it is at my school! And my parents NEVER complain to my teachers about my grades. I get a bad grade, it's my problem and I've got to fix it. It's not Mom's problem, and it's not the teacher's problem, it's mine. Period. If I EVER told my mom, "Hey, Mom, I got a bad grade on my math test. Can you call and tell my teacher to change it?" I would be grounded and made to study math. Granted, not everyone has lived with teachers their whole lives like I have, but still. I think it's wrong that parents do that. And I feel that tests can get dumbed down because of that too. :(

message 40: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Jillian wrote: "As much as you want to read CoMC, don't blame The Book Thief! :O That's an awesome book! "

Yes, it is. Which is why I'm blaming it. Because I've been glued to it, and not able to read CoMC.

I've been crying throughout it...Holocaust books are always hard to read...but I still love it...

message 41: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Holocaust books are hard to read, but The Book Thief is just... Incredible. Amazing. It makes you cry and ache and laugh almost all at once, but... Well, put it this way: if it rains, you'll be the first to know Next time I study WWII, it will be with a new perspective.

I'm glad I read The Book Thief over a school break. That way I could just sit down and read it all the way through.

**Note to self: Stop inserting Harry Potter quotes into random and sometimes serious comments.

message 42: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Taylor, me too! They're totally awesome! :P

message 43: by Taylor (last edited Mar 11, 2010 11:01PM) (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Heehee, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. Sometimes I do it with the movies, too. Like last week at school, we were standing outside of English class and this girl was talking about pudding, and I said, "Hungry. I hope there's pudding" in a dreamy voice.... But no one really picked up on it til I repeated it like 3 times... :(

And Jordan.... Thank you for the totally awesome comment.... Now all that'll be going through my head the rest of the night will be

I'll see my friends, gonna laugh til we cry
Take my Firebolt, gonna take to the sky
No way this year anyone's gonna die
And it's gonna be totally awesome!

I'll cast some spells with a flick of my wand
Defeat the Dark guys yeah bring it on!
And do it all with my best friend Ron
Cuz together we're totally awesome!

And it's gonna be totally awesome!

Not that that is a bad song. It's just sad that I didn't copy and paste that from the YouTube page....

message 44: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Oooh. Granger Danger is the one that gets stuck in my head. It's #3 according to my iTunes recently played...should I be afraid?

message 45: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Luna is awesome... I wish my friend's picture of me dressed up as her for Halloween had turned out. I would TOTALLY post it for you guys to see.... I made my own Spectrespecs, a cork necklace, orange radish earrings... And some obnoxious socks to top it all off. And you're right, Jillian, any scene with Luna RULES... She's a riot.

I always get Going Back, the You're Not Alone one, and the Voldemort is Going Down one stuck in my head. And it is AWESOME that that song is your #3 most played.... Heehee! ;)

message 46: by Jordan (last edited Mar 11, 2010 11:10PM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Not Alone...I've listened to that one soooooooo much. It's #4. It annoys my family. Pretty much the only one I don't like is To Dance Again...

message 47: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments That one is pretty dumb... Watching the vid is funny, though, when Voldy makes Harry tap dance. Darren Criss does a really good job of acting like he's not in control of what he's doing.

I'm not a huge fan of Granger Danger, but I still like it.

I have to ask: What do you think of the Cho Chang part of Going Back?

message 48: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Yeah, his voice is annoying. But the video is funnier than the song. As is Hey, Dragon.

I thought it was ridiculous. But funny. And Cedric is perfect...

message 49: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments A Very Potter Musical. Fan-made parody musical on youtube. I could hunt up the link, if you're that interested...unless you've seen it, since you recognized the lyrics :)

message 50: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Jillian: It was SUCH a fun thing to wear... I had an excuse to be crazy all day, even though I knew everyone was making fun of me (and that actually made it more fun; Luna doesn't care what other people think of her, and neither do I). My friends who knew who I was appreciated it, at least, and my teachers loved it.

Jordan: Agreed on all counts.

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!"
"What the h-e-double-hockeysticks is a Hufflepuff?"

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 74 75