For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

Books > the Inheritance series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrez (new)

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie S. Well? Was there something you wanted to say about them?

I've read the first two, and the third is on my personal summer to-read list.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read any of the them yet. There are so many books that I want to get too and sometimes I feel like I'll never even get 10% of them read before I die. Ah... Some day I'll get to these.

message 4: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) I know what you mean...its soo annoying

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (A-Town) | 42 comments I really liked the first book, and the second was pretty good too, but I didn't care for the last one as much.

message 6: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I've read all three that are out so far. I think the first one is entertaining, though not at all original. Paolini borrows too much in terms of chaarcters, setting, and plot from the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars (and from Anne McCaffrey and David Eddings, I heard, though I haven't read any of their work). Eldest, and especially Brisingr are too drawn out, as though the author is trying too hard to write "epic fantasy."

message 7: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** These are on my tbr list as well.. I have a co worker reading the first one. She got the series form christmas and she is lending them to me to read later.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie S. I read the first two books and enjoyed them. His excessive description annoyed me. Seriously, I think we learn at least ten different times that Nasuada is black when that has no relevance to the story.

Pandy, I've even heard them called a fantasy version of Star Wars.